Wayne State Interview Questions in Detroit, MI | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017

2.8

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, MI

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wayne State (Macomb, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, completed an assessment and after some follow-up I was contacted for an interview a few months later. The in person interview was panel. The questions were related to on the job experience. Very professional interview team, professional but relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a team member or coworker accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Director of Business Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. I applied for the position on January 3rd. I was contacted to come in for an interview two weeks later. The interview committee consisted of the Dean, Associate Dean and the current Director for Business Affairs. The interview was more conversation based rather than scripted questions. Nice group of people and the interview went well. The whole interview lasted an hour.

A week and a half later I received a phone call from HR at Wayne State letting me know another candidate was chosen. While I was bummed I didn't get the position I appreciated getting an actual phone call from a person rather than a form rejection letter.

The downside was no feedback was provided why I was not the chosen candidate. That type of information would be invaluable to applicants so you could know what your strengths and weaknesses were. I would be nice if applicant feedback was incorporated into the interview process.

Overall I had a positive experience. Of course I would have loved an offer but that wasn't meant to be. :-)

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?
      How do you handle conflict?
      What experience do you have with budgets?
      Answer Question

Audio Engineer - WDET Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in November 2015.

Interview

I was contacted maybe two weeks after submitting an application and set up a phone interview that lasted about 20 minutes. From there I was told to submit a wide range of audio materials like podcasts and songs that I have worked on. After they reviewed them and liked them, the interview process went forward with one more talk on the phone and then I was invited on campus for an in-person interview with four people which went really well. They even mentioned to me that my responses were great and that I came across as very mature. They spoke as though I already had the position.

Unfortunately I'm 95% sure the interview was fake.

One day after my interview I emailed each of the people who interviewed me with specific questions about things they brought up during my interview. None of them replied.

Weeks went by and I still didn't hear anything so I emailed the main person I was in touch with and later tried to reach him by phone as well. Despite being told he was in his office, he did not answer and would not return my voice message. All I wanted was closure as this affected where I would be living once I got married, but nothing.

Eventually I found out I didn't get the job - not from Wayne State or WDET - they never even let me know. Instead I found out someone I already worked with got the position and was starting soon. He knew about it for weeks.

Also he went to Wayne State with the people who made the decision. I'm thoroughly convinced that the team knew who they were going to hire in advance and simply had to do a certain number of interviews as a formality. I found it very unprofessional that they couldn't even let me know my status.

Interview Questions

• What was your biggest mistake in your career so far?   1 Answer

Applications Specialist II - C&IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in October 2015.

Interview

Just a warning, this position has nothing to do with being an application specialist. The position is posted by the union, so it's just a general title. The position really is Desktop Support (tier 1 and tier 2). When I heard this I was seriously disappointed (which laid the groundwork for the rest of the interview

The interviewers will start talking about the benefits that are provided for working at Wayne State, like health benefits and discounted tuition rates. Then they'll start asking you questions.

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in February 2014.

Interview

1 round, just one to one interview. Generally it was all about our previous experience and interest to learn about the specific position title. Generally it was all about our previous experience and interest to learn about the specific position title

Applications Specialist II Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in March 2009.

Interview

Applying for any job begins online. I received a telephone to call to set up the interview. The interview consisted of a one to one meeting with a supervisor (unsure of exact title), and two weeks later, I was informed that the position had been filled by someone other than myself.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your biggest weakness?   1 Answer