Wayne State Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.5

55 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Student Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Interview

There was an ad posted on the career website. I applied to it and I received a call from one of the hiring managers. The interview was scheduled and I was selected after all the process was done.

Intern Marketing Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview was done via conference call with the Program Coordinator. She was very pleasant and asked some in depth questions. The Coordinator explained the requirements and what was needed to complete the requirements, the she explained the next steps in the process.

Interview Questions

• Why did I choose that position with that program?   1 Answer

Research Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in March 2017.

Interview

Facetime interview first and then is onsite, easy job. Simple questions such as what's your experience, what's your future plan, where are you from and questions about your education. After phone interview is the onsite interview, ask about technical questions.

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, MI

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wayne State (Macomb, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, completed an assessment and after some follow-up I was contacted for an interview a few months later. The in person interview was panel. The questions were related to on the job experience. Very professional interview team, professional but relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a team member or coworker accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Director of Business Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. I applied for the position on January 3rd. I was contacted to come in for an interview two weeks later. The interview committee consisted of the Dean, Associate Dean and the current Director for Business Affairs. The interview was more conversation based rather than scripted questions. Nice group of people and the interview went well. The whole interview lasted an hour.

A week and a half later I received a phone call from HR at Wayne State letting me know another candidate was chosen. While I was bummed I didn't get the position I appreciated getting an actual phone call from a person rather than a form rejection letter.

The downside was no feedback was provided why I was not the chosen candidate. That type of information would be invaluable to applicants so you could know what your strengths and weaknesses were. I would be nice if applicant feedback was incorporated into the interview process.

Overall I had a positive experience. Of course I would have loved an offer but that wasn't meant to be. :-)

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?
      How do you handle conflict?
      What experience do you have with budgets?   Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

I was contacted by email a few days after I put in my application and then had a quick phone interview where I was asked about my education and professional background. I set up an in person interview and spoke with human resources about how I handle difficult situations and why I thought I would be a good fit. I then had a computer test with basic math questions. The next day I had a final interview with the doctor I would be working directly for.

Interview Questions

• Do you watch the clock and wait for your shift to be over?   1 Answer

The doctor I would have been working for said he didn't like schedules and I would have to be willing to work later than the 12-8 schedule at a moments notice.

Clerical Support Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Wayne State in November 2016.

Interview

Applied through work study . Went to career center and found job . Applied immediately and got offered a interview . The interview was simple . People were very nice .

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayne State in October 2016.

Interview

Resume Review and Call
    Reviews housing details and make sure the candidate is part of wayne state housing.
    Calls out for personal interview and review with the resident advisors for the profile fit.

Interview Questions

• What are most Difficult situations you handled in previous job?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Was referred by department chair to another faculty in another college. Word of mouth. Interviewed by two others and brought CV in interview.

Answered all questions honestly and discussed previous college teaching experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flat rate- no negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State.

Interview

Submitted through online portal. Got email saying wanted to interview me for a position within one week. Interviewer said had a 3 week hiring deadline. Was told a second interview would be the next step. Lasted about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences that relate to the job description.   Answer Question