Wayne State Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 15, 2017

2.6

Human Resources Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macomb, MI

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wayne State (Macomb, MI) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online, completed an assessment and after some follow-up I was contacted for an interview a few months later. The in person interview was panel. The questions were related to on the job experience. Very professional interview team, professional but relaxed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped a team member or coworker accomplish a task.   Answer Question

Director of Business Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in January 2017.

Interview

Interview process was smooth. I applied for the position on January 3rd. I was contacted to come in for an interview two weeks later. The interview committee consisted of the Dean, Associate Dean and the current Director for Business Affairs. The interview was more conversation based rather than scripted questions. Nice group of people and the interview went well. The whole interview lasted an hour.

A week and a half later I received a phone call from HR at Wayne State letting me know another candidate was chosen. While I was bummed I didn't get the position I appreciated getting an actual phone call from a person rather than a form rejection letter.

The downside was no feedback was provided why I was not the chosen candidate. That type of information would be invaluable to applicants so you could know what your strengths and weaknesses were. I would be nice if applicant feedback was incorporated into the interview process.

Overall I had a positive experience. Of course I would have loved an offer but that wasn't meant to be. :-)

Interview Questions

• What is your management style?
      How do you handle conflict?
      What experience do you have with budgets?
      Answer Question

Administrative Assistant Interview

Interview

I was contacted by email a few days after I put in my application and then had a quick phone interview where I was asked about my education and professional background. I set up an in person interview and spoke with human resources about how I handle difficult situations and why I thought I would be a good fit. I then had a computer test with basic math questions. The next day I had a final interview with the doctor I would be working directly for.

Interview Questions

• Do you watch the clock and wait for your shift to be over?   1 Answer

The doctor I would have been working for said he didn't like schedules and I would have to be willing to work later than the 12-8 schedule at a moments notice.

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayne State in October 2016.

Interview

Resume Review and Call
    Reviews housing details and make sure the candidate is part of wayne state housing.
    Calls out for personal interview and review with the resident advisors for the profile fit.

Interview Questions

• What are most Difficult situations you handled in previous job?   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in July 2016.

Interview

Was referred by department chair to another faculty in another college. Word of mouth. Interviewed by two others and brought CV in interview.

Answered all questions honestly and discussed previous college teaching experience.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Flat rate- no negotiation

Research Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State.

Interview

Submitted through online portal. Got email saying wanted to interview me for a position within one week. Interviewer said had a 3 week hiring deadline. Was told a second interview would be the next step. Lasted about 30 min.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your experiences that relate to the job description.   Answer Question

Graphic Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in May 2016.

Interview

The interview was a series of questions highly focused in Freelance work and client relationships.
    This office also functions solely on referrals—to receive a job a current designer must know and refer you to the open position. If you apply without a referral, you will be overlooked once a referral comes in (If one comes in before the hiring process is completed).

Interview Questions

• Let's say you are working on a large print order and a student comes in and needs a poster right this second or he will fail his class. How would you handle this situation?   Answer Question

Graduate Teaching Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in January 2016.

Interview

get in touch with professor and enroll into his research, by proving your capability in research and with good gpa you can get the interview. Prepare for a presentation to present to the hiring authorities

Interview Questions

• my ability to teach and my previous experience   1 Answer

Enrollment Services Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wayne State.

Interview

Contacted about 2-3 weeks after submitting application. Asked to come in for an hour long interview. Met with potential supervisor and two other managers who took turns asking questions. Fairly straight forward. Vague about when they would get back to me and about 3 weeks later I got the form email from HR saying I did not get the position.

Interview Questions

• What is something you've done recently to improve your customer service skills?   Answer Question

Teacher Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wayne State (Detroit, MI) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied Financial Analysis, FIN 5000, was a new course being introduced to the university and after two semester of student feedback Teaching Assistants were needed in order to help out. The professor approached me for the position and offered me a role to assist him with the class. The only way to actually get the position is to be straightforward and show that you have the skills and what it takes to be able to manage in a such a position. After getting accepted you need to have a background check done with the university, and then you'll be all set for the job.

Interview Questions

• What makes you qualified to be a TA for this vacant position?   Answer Question