Waypoint Homes Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 18, 2016

2.7

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Naperville, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Waypoint Homes (Naperville, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview was extensive but unclear. I was not hired, nor was contacted to let me know that I was not being considered for the position. I felt that the interview was not very professional and that they may have not wanted someone of my advanced age.

Interview Questions

• Whether I was applying for Property Management or Leasing Manager   1 Answer

Payroll & Benefits Payroll Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waypoint Homes (Scottsdale, AZ).

Interview

First phone interview I arranged to be away from my desk and they never called. I reached out to my contact later this afternoon via email and two hours later apologized. I decided to arrange another interview, which although started at time expected, due to the language barrier I could not understand her. I would be about 30 seconds into answering a question and she interrupted me. I asked her a question about how would she describe the culture. She could not answer and stated no one has ever asked her that. This individual's title was the recruiter! I did not bother to send a thank you note, because I knew this was not they type of culture I wanted to work for

Front Desk Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Waypoint Homes (Fort Lauderdale, FL) in June 2015.

Interview

Very easy, hiring manager was very friendly and welcoming. Interview was in a very informal setting. Interview was mainly the manager explaining the company, what they do as well as which tasks I would be responsible for as the receptionist. Was asked to briefly explain my educational and work background. Was asked if I was bilingual, but not asked to demonstrate my abilities on the spot.

Interview Questions

• Very few questions were asked. Mostly just asked if I was bilingual and to share a bit of my background in customer service.   Answer Question

Renewal Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Englewood, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Waypoint Homes (Englewood, CO) in April 2015.

Interview

I emailed my application to, at the time, Colony American Homes. I received a phone call about 30 minutes after sending to come in for an interview the next day. The interview was quick and painless (Debbie Salame was very warm and inviting) I received a call in the next two days to join.

Interview Questions

• Do you have your real estate license? Are you familiar with Yardi software?   1 Answer

Negotiation

None needed it was exactly what I wanted

Service Tech Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Waypoint Homes.

Interview

contacted by hr department for pre-lim interview, was contacted couple weeks later by hr dept. to interview for different position. Interview was very pleasant and low pressure. I would be happy to interview again for desired position.

Leasing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lancaster, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Waypoint Homes (Lancaster, CA) in August 2013.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter. The recruiter asked several interview questions via phone. If you pass thant, then they have you take a test online. The test is basic math and personality review. If you pass the online test, the same recruiter puts you in touch with the leasing manager. The leasing manager sets a one on one interview. The manager told me on the spot that I had the job IF the regional manager likes me. The regional manager contacted me after about a week. After the interview with the regional manager, it took an additional week to receive my offer via email.

Interview Questions

• How would you get new business.   1 Answer

Area Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waypoint Homes (Irvine, CA) in May 2013.

Interview

Submitted resume online, received a call from a very pleasant hiring manager within 3 business days. She did a 45 minute phone interview with me, and said she would be forwarding my resume to the regional manager for further review and second interview. I received a call from the regional manager the next day to set up a phone interview. Both seemed extremely pleasant, and I look forward to my second phone interview. (I have not completed the interview process yet.)

Interview Questions

• What are you salary requirements?   3 Answers

Property Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Waypoint Homes (Phoenix, AZ) in April 2013.

Interview

Process went on for 8 weeks. Starting with a friendly call from CA and the HR department. It is when it hit the local level that everything went crazy. Had 4 in person meetings and 5 phone calls with different individuals in the company. Their answers and synopsis of the company was consistent. Get ready to work, we are fast paced, put your seat belt on your going for a ride!

Interview Questions

• The questions that were asked were very typical. In fact when interviewing, each person had a generic list of questions that they had to ask. The most surpring thing for me is that seem scared to make a decision so they have to talk to another person and another person.   1 Answer

Area Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Waypoint Homes in December 2012.

Interview

Set up an interview time, had a phone interview with a recruiter. Seemed like she liked me and told me she would give her notes to the hiring manager. She never called back. I followed up. Nothing. 3 weeks later I received an email at midnight stating I did not get the job.

Senior Human Resource Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at Waypoint Homes (Oakland, CA) in August 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews. One with Contract Recruiter and one with VP of Corporate Responsibility. One face to face interview with VP of Corporate Responsibility.

Interview Questions

• What would you if a manager called you at 4:45 pm and said I want to fire ______?   1 Answer