WeDriveU Human Resources Coordinator Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WeDriveU

1 Interview Review

Human Resources Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burlingame, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeDriveU (Burlingame, CA) in February 2018.

Interview

Applied through a job board. Recruiter reached out and did a phone screen, seemed like a potential fit so we moved onto an onsite interview. This is where things got off the track. I was invited in for an interview with one person - I live 45 min away so I found it odd that I would only be meeting with one individual. Knowing it was a small team however, I figured it was just indicative of the process.

Upon arrival I was greeted by the receptionist and told the hiring manager would be along shortly. The recruiter came out and greeted me, also says the manager would be out to meet me. I then sat in the lobby for ten minutes watching people silently pass. To make matters worse, I found out that the hiring manager was actually one of the women I watched walk by me twice without saying a word.

She then escorted me to her office where she then confessed that she hadn't prepared for the interview and would just make up questions as she went along. This led to a poor interview that was lacking in direction and order, with questions being inserted at random with no discernible sense of meaning. At this point I seriously considered leaving: I felt the manager was wasting my time by not coming in prepared. The interview ended after 30-40 minutes and I did not follow-up. I ended up taking another job.

In review, my suggestions from this experience would be to at least acknowledge your interviewee even if you're busy. It felt rude and dismissive to be ignored in the lobby when all that was necessary was a "Hey- nice to meet you, I'll be right with you!" Not being prepared for an interview, especially as the hiring manager, sends a poor message to potential candidates and communicates either a lack of interest or a dysfunctional process.

Overall I had an extremely poor onsite interview, despite an initial positive interaction with the recruiter.

Interview Questions