WePay Interview Questions in Palo Alto, CA | Glassdoor

3.8

5 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Software Engineer, Backend Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at WePay (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

I applied through a recruiter and went through a phone screen. The phone screen was very simple for me but I can see how it would potentially weed people that wouldn't be the best fit. I came in on site twice and met with 4 people each time including one of the founders (for culture fit). The engineers gave me some tough questions and I was impressed at the back and forth in solving the problems. I felt very welcome and had a great experience.

Interview Questions

• I was asked many logic and algorithm questions. There was a focus on object oriented design and creative responses to the questions.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer I received was exactly what I asked.

Sales Development Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WePay (Palo Alto, CA) in June 2014.

Interview

4 Hour long interview that involved meeting everyone in Sales at HQ in Palo Alto. Some members of the team wanted to just get to know you and get a feel for how good of a fit you would be for their culture. Others grill you on the skills you describe in your resume. All-in-all, they're a very straightforward, no BS team who seem like fantastic salesmen.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WePay (Palo Alto, CA) in April 2013.

Interview

Was asked questions related to data structures, algorithms, and designing a system. Be sure that to test your code after writing a solution. Also, I think I gave some answers that were functionally correct, but may not have been the most optimal solutions. Some solutions have faster running times or use less memory.

Interview Questions

• I don't it's right for me to describe a specific question. I think a good way to prepare is to review data structures and algorithms. There are also websites with example interview problems. Definite practice lots of problems before coming to the interview.   Answer Question

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WePay (Palo Alto, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

It was a very relaxed process. I met with the manager, the entire team, and the CEO. They were all very friendly but had different angles they were looking ot figure out. I enjoyed the experience and felt like I had a good idea of the culture and the company objectives when the process was over.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to give a presentation.   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WePay (Palo Alto, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

I applied online, and received an email regarding times I would be available for a phone interview. After a few emails back and forth, a phone interview was setup the same day. The initial phone interview lasted approximately an hour and I was invited to interview on-site the following day.

The on-site interview started with lunch, and then moved into a series of one-on-one interviews with various members in the development team, lasting a total of five hours. During a break, I bumped into the CEO and had a brief conversation with him. He was very nice, and reflected the laid-back work culture I observed.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between inheritance in PHP vs. Javascript?   1 Answer
    • Using PHP, how would you take a string containing the letters "GOOGLE" and remove the duplicate letters to output "GOGLE" (without using array_unique)?   2 Answers