Cover image for WeWork

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

WeWork Associate Community Manager Interview Questions

Updated Nov 8, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 33 of over 984 interviews

Recruiter3%
2.8
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bangalore

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at WeWork (Bangalore) in Apr 2022

Interview

The phone call with the person who approached me for the job was very pleasant, she was friendly and helpful. However the guy on the zoom call was yawning the whole interview which I found a little disrespectful, even so the interview went fine and I was asked to attend the second round, which they scheduled on 3:30 in the afternoon, however I got a call from the host that the interviewers were not present that day and the interview will be scheduled on another day. After that I did not hear from them for a month. When I finally emailed them myself asking for an update, they asked me to attend a face to face round. So far so good. The day of the interview though, this guy in the front desk was very rude as I struggled to figure the face registration app they had for visitors. The guy who did my interview was arrogant and very condescending. By the half of the interview because of his passive aggressive nature I knew I wasn't selected whatsoever. At my previous company I worked as a Front Desk Executive and my senior had recommended me to choose a role of a community associate to groom my skills. So when I saw the opening for the Associate I jumped on the ocassion. Now I was really fascinated with the community role however I had little to no experience. But the interviewer asked me questions as though I was aiming for too high. I admit my answers were not great but wasn't I there to exactly learn that? When he didn't like my answer he made me sound as though I was underprepared and I was taking the interview lightly and that made me wonder. I have attended many a different interviews for many different companies but this by far was the most humiliating one.

Interview Questions
  • cost cutting on coffee vending machine.
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berlin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Berlin) in Dec 2018

Interview

Gestresstes Umfeld, freundliches Team, fehlende Absprachen. Ich hatte mich online für die Community Manager Associate-Stelle beworben. Beim ersten Interview über Zoom mit einer australischen MA wurde mir gesagt, dass man für die Community Manager Stelle mindestens 2 Jahre Erfahrung im CM braucht. Deshalb wurde mir vorgeschlagen, mich für den Bereich Hospitality & Events zu bewerben. Ich bekam dann eine Einladung zum persönlichen Gespräch. Das Interview war freundlich, professionell und zugleich in lockerer Atmosphäre. Mir kam jedoch das Gefühl, dass die Fragen auf die Stelle des Community Managers ausgelegt waren und nicht auf die mir vorgeschlagene Position. Dann lernte ich das Team und ihre Aufgaben kennen. Alle waren sehr freundlich und aufgeschlossen. Leider zeigte sich dann ein sehr gestresstes Bild von der Arbeitsumgebung. Es wird über sehr viele Kanäle kommuniziert. Arbeitsabläufe sind hektisch und es herrscht großer Druck, zugewiesene Tickets (Aufgaben) innerhalb von Minuten abzuarbeiten. Die Diskrepanz zwischen Managerin und Team wurde auch schnell deutlich. Deshalb entschied ich mich kurz nach dem Gespräch gegen die Stelle. Über Mail bekam ich dann auch eine Absage, bezüglich der Position des Community Managers. Anscheinend wurde der Vermerk zum Wechsel in meiner Bewerbung von CM zu Fokus auf Hospitality & Events nicht vermerkt.

Interview Questions
  • Was war deine größte Herausforderung in deiner letzten Anstellung?
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about WeWork

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

a

Product Manager

WSJ: WeWork CEO says employees who are least engaged are the ones who want to WFH, while those who are most engaged are the ones excited to come back to the office. WTF is this boomer BS? Jesus, hire adults who don't need to suck up to you at the water cooler in order to like their job. Can we please push back against this narrative? Many of us have worked very very hard this past year, with great productivity, and this is what we get to hear? 😡

2,952

243 Comments

Real Estate

1.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=WeWork~661275
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about WeWork? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with WeWork employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Employee in Berlin

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at WeWork (Berlin) in May 2017

Interview

2 video interviews with a bot 1 skype interview 1 face to face interview the entire process was done poorly. The video interviews were confusing and slow. The Skype interviewer was not prepared and could not even recall my name. The face to face interview was brief and focused on only financial aspects. At no point did anyone agree to disclose anything about the salary or working conditions. The entire process was very disappointing. For a company that talks a lot about community, they dont seem to care much about people.

Interview Questions
  • What is your business super power
1 person found this interview helpful

WeWork

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

Applied and immediately received a message from a recruiter asking if I was interested in a different role. When I got back to him he disappeared for a month. Eventually, he got back to me to set up an interview. Finally a google hangout and then a rejection, where he called me the wrong name. Unorganized, terrible candidate experience.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

WeWork

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork in Mar 2017

Interview

First was an email contact from HR to schedule a 30 min Google Hangout. Recruiter was great and informative and personable. Basic questions of why WeWork and your own background, managing people experience and salary which they were offering 48k. Second interview was another Google Hangout with regional manager. Way more questions of the same sort but asked differently. What kind of struggles came across, what went wrong, how did you help the structure of a problem, have you done operational work to fix a problem. Wasn't much of a convo, really just a list of questions she wanted to get through. Also, there was a lot of noise in the background and she kept getting distracted by people near her and talking to them. Overall it didn't feel professional or conversational. Next round would've been another Google Hangout but there has been complete silence since. recruiters nowadays are more incompetent than before. They don't bother to keep people in the loop and no courtesy to reply to the status of things even if they haven't gone on to the next round.

Interview Questions
6 people found this interview helpful

WeWork

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork in Feb 2017

Interview

I had multiple interviews, both in-person & via google hangouts. The first was with a recruiter where she laid out the role, the second was with the head of operations for my region, the third was at a WeWork location where I met with two Community Manager and a variety of other people and shadowed the front desk. The final interview was with the head of the region. None of them were hard per se, but it is true that they are looking for a person who is a great fit with their culture, and who can think on their feet. They are also looking for someone who does not mind working 60+ hours a week. Do your research. Understand what you are getting yourself into, who your interviewers will be, and how you can speak to your culture fit, and you'll be fine. As with any interview, if the interviewers can tell you want the job enough to prepare effectively, you will have an advantage over other candidates.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about a time your team had to solve a problem in a previous role.
10 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Toronto, ON

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at WeWork (Toronto, ON) in Feb 2017

Interview

I applied on line. A month later, I received a request to record video responses to three questions. A week after submitting those, I had a phone interview with a recruiter/HR person which was super basic. She then set up a Google Hangout for me with a Community Manager. After multiple follow up emails, I haven't heard anything from WeWork. I have never been treated so poorly in a job process. If you aren't moving forward with me, that's fine but the least you can do is answer email! For a company thats supposed to be forward thinking and innovative, they had no respect for me or my time. I should have listened to the terrible reviews on Glassdoor in the first place and not applied. I can't get over it - to be ghosted after three interviews is absolutely shocking.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY)

Interview

An informal Google Hangout interview with a recruiter, an in-person interview with the Community Manager, and a Google Hangout with the GM. WeWork has a very strong and vibrant company culture and each person meticulously evaluates your fit for the company and team at that location. Know WeWork's culture and values like the back of your hand going in, be able to provide concrete and specific examples of how you have emulated each of them in the past, and bring lots of energy to every interview. They want to work with passionate, high level achievers--if you can show a proven record of achievement and ability as well as bring a lot of energy to the room, the interviews can be rather inviting and enjoyable. Be able to comprehensively explain the significance, roles, and expectations for the position(s) you're applying for.

Interview Questions
  • Walk me through your resume to show how you align with the WeWork values.
12 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY)

Interview

I had 5 interviews with WeWork. 4 were Google hangout interviews and one was an in person interview. I found the whole process to be very unorganized and I'm amazed how this company gets anything done. The first step was doing a google hangout with the recruiter followed by 3 more google hangout interviews. One of my google hangout interviews never showed and neither did my in person interview. I wanted an hour before someone told me my interviewer would not make the interview. Do not waste your time, this process took two months and was very disappointing.

Interview Questions
  • -What makes you most nervous about this job? -How did you hear about us -Do you know what WeWork does
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Washington, DC) in Sep 2016

Interview

Overall I thought the process was very informative, fun, and casual. I applied online and heard back a week or so later from a hiring manager requesting a quick Google Hangout. The Hangout lasted 20-30 minute. Conversation was lively and questions were pretty easy, allowed for them to learn about my background and my interests. At the end of the Hangout we coordinated an in person meeting at a WeWork location. The location visit was great and I thought it was an amazing opportunity to check out one of their incredible spaces. The in-person interview lasted about 30-45 minutes and was a bit more structured but was held in a communal space and still quite relaxed. I waited about a day or two then the hiring manager I spoke to before reached out to schedule an additional Google Hangout with an out of state regional director. That Hangout was relatively short, maybe 15 minutes maximum, and was a bit more professional. It included more intensive questions but was ultimately extremely informative and allowed for large scale questions to be asked. I waited a few days after that meeting before I was contacted by the hiring manager to speak about the opportunity and was offered a position during that phone call.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful
Viewing 1 - 10 of 33 Interviews