Cover image for WeWork

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

WeWork Community Manager Interview Questions

Updated Jan 1, 2023

To filter interviews, or .
Found 92 of over 984 interviews

Recruiter7%
2.6
HardAverageEasy

WeWork

Application

I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

The one guy who interviewed me for the Wall Street location was drunk. He asked me maybe 2 pertinent questions and didn't care about my prior work experience and interests.

Interview Questions
  • Tell me a little bit about yourself
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 months. I interviewed at WeWork (Dallas, TX) in Aug 2022

Interview

Contacted by a recruiter to do a 30 minute interview. I was told there are a total of 4 interviews - 1 with the recruiter, 1 with another community manager, 1 with an area director and 1 with the person I would be reporting to… I ended up having 5 interviews over the course of about a month, which is incredibly long. My 2nd interview was awkward. The person’s kid was running around in the background - super distracting - and questions were not clear. I finally had to ask on my 3rd interview about salary because the recruiter never addressed that. Come to find out, after my 3rd interview, it’s $10K less than what I’m currently making but is “negotiable “. With that in mind, I accept interview #4, which is almost 1.5 hours long. After not hearing a thing for over a week (after my last interview), I am asked to visit a property and do a tour (there was no interview, literally a tour) - another hour of time. I reach out to find out next steps and am advised the director is STILL conducting interviews and they’ll be in touch with me. I received my rejection letter today. I already received a promotion with my current company, making $20K more than what WeWork is offering, plus bonus… but I’m kind of floored by the whole process. Honestly, why did they call me in to waste my time touring a property? If my salary expectations were too high, just tell me - and for the love of everything DON’T WASTE MY TIME. If you didn’t think I was the right fit, don’t call me in to tour your property and WASTE MY TIME. WeWork wants to be this progressive company… but they’ve got a long way to go towards progress. Should’ve paid attention to their reviews from current/former employees. I would have known to avoid even entertaining the idea of working for them. If they don’t respect your time during the interview, they won’t respect your time if you go to work for them!

Interview Questions
  • Tell me how you handle holding yourself accountable while also holding others accountable.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about WeWork

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

a

Product Manager

WSJ: WeWork CEO says employees who are least engaged are the ones who want to WFH, while those who are most engaged are the ones excited to come back to the office. WTF is this boomer BS? Jesus, hire adults who don't need to suck up to you at the water cooler in order to like their job. Can we please push back against this narrative? Many of us have worked very very hard this past year, with great productivity, and this is what we get to hear? 😡

2,951

243 Comments

Real Estate

1.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=WeWork~661275
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about WeWork? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with WeWork employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

WeWork

Application

I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

This was at a WeWork location in Tokyo. This process was straightforward but there seemed to be two main issues. 1) Since this is a "cool" company and well-known, they honestly probably do get a ton of people applying, so I get that they're busy and aren't short on options. But it seemed that this factor also played into a bit of a 'we're better than you' complex... it was super awkward when I met the interviewer and she took me to the area where you can get a drink before the interview started (which was nice), but she didn't say anything like "Here's where the cups are" or "If you like such and such, here it is" which is simple to do and would have been nice. 2) This was the only interview I've ever done in which I felt that the interviewer was not paying attention. I can understand that it may be the case that you knew I wasn't as competitive vs other options, but at least pretend?? It's disrespectful and unprofessional to make your thoughts too visible. Plus, my friend who also interviewed with the same person had the exact same experience re: it seemed that zero attention was being paid by the interviewer.

Interview Questions
  • It was just the average, nothing too crazy, just about work and school history and why you wanted to get the job.

WeWork

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

I came in for a few interviews. The interviewers were nice and professional, the overall process was pleasant. i was asqued to come for a few hours to examine my fitting to the workplace.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WeWork

Application

I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

It was long and mismanaged as multiple interviews fell through the cracks. I had to meet with 6 different people throughout the course of a month. The offer was lower than the initial range given to me during the phone screen.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WeWork

Application

I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

Was quizzed about my understanding of the company's 'ethos' based on a pdf they had shared earlier. Then was asked to spend almost an entire day with the rest of the team without any clear instructions or information as to what was expected of me. Did not receive any feedback regarding my performance. Was a strange day and massive waste of my time.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at WeWork (Tampa, FL) in Dec 2021

Interview

Felt I was spot on with Interview. Interviewed with Recruiter then 2 other community managers. Have extensive experience in hospitality and customer service in hotel business. Felt they looked more at my age then experience.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sydney

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Sydney) in Nov 2021

Interview

The WeWork interview process is exactly as they describe it on their career page, following the exact same steps from first email and call from the recruiter to the interviews with the hiring manager and the teams.

Interview Questions
  • The usual interview questions were asked during the interview.

WeWork

Application

I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

Very disorganized, recruiter missed our scheduled call three times, then randomly called me out of the blue. Ended up having three interviews that followed, got a weird vibe from everyone I met with. In final interview was told I would hear back within 48 hours but instead was ghosted. Followed up with recruiter a week later and got a nonchalant "We went with someone else". No feedback provided. Get the impression that they care very little for applicant's time. Generally negative experience and felt disrespected. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions
  • I hope you did your research on WeWork: tell us how we could improve our company.
2 people found this interview helpful

WeWork

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

Lack of communication and scheduling. I was talking to one New Hire Coordinator and then was passed over to a regional recruiter but both seemed to not be on the same page about times and any sort of communication flow with me as a candidate.

Viewing 1 - 10 of 92 Interviews