Cover image for WeWork

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

WeWork Community Sales Leader Interview Questions

Updated Mar 1, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 984 interviews

Applied online58%
Employee Referral42%
HardAverageEasy

WeWork

Application

I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

Three virtual rounds of interview with a 4th onsite visit. Very low pressure and conversational. You can be authentically yourself. I was asked a lot about experience and what i was specifically looking for.

Interview Questions
  • What draws you to wework?
    Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork (Atlanta, GA)

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted by a recruiter about 1.5-2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. After confirming a day and a time, I was sent a Google calendar invite to confirm. The recruiter never called and did not respond when I reached out to follow up.

2 people found this interview helpful

What people are saying about WeWork

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

a

Product Manager

WSJ: WeWork CEO says employees who are least engaged are the ones who want to WFH, while those who are most engaged are the ones excited to come back to the office. WTF is this boomer BS? Jesus, hire adults who don't need to suck up to you at the water cooler in order to like their job. Can we please push back against this narrative? Many of us have worked very very hard this past year, with great productivity, and this is what we get to hear? 😡

2,951

243 Comments

Real Estate

1.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=WeWork~661275
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about WeWork? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with WeWork employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

WeWork

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork in Nov 2019

Interview

This interview process was a chaotic mess. I applied and was pretty shortly thereafter contacted by a recruiter for a brief phone interview, and to set up a Zoom video interview with (who seemed to be) the hiring manager (not to mention who started the interview off immediately feeling the need to reassure me since so many people at WeWork are getting laid off). Several interviews, video and in person, site visits (which made working here seem EXTREMELY cult-y), meetings, and flaming hoops later, a senior manager told me that she really liked my responses and was interested in proceeding, and then told me that I'd hear a response on next steps within 1-2 days "so that I wouldn't have to wait cluelessly through the holidays". Well lo and behold that was a lie (not surprising at this point in the experience), and I didn't hear anything at all, even after reaching out and emailing the hiring manager and recruiter. No response. 1-2 weeks later the recruiter calls me offering me the opportunity to start the whole process over again and interview for other open positions at other sites, and starts listing off locations I had never heard of. I politely questioned what he was referring to, and quickly realized that the recruiter had no idea who I was, what I was applying for, or even in what part of the country I was in, he was offering me interviews not even remotely close to my location. After he took several moments to rifle through his work, he goes "oh yes, I had the wrong person, I don't have any updates for you". Mind you this is weeks after the senior manager informed me I would be told what was going on, so it was safe to say at that point that I was good to go without WeWork, especially provided that it was just plain old disrespectful at this point given that I had taken so much PTO and time away from my current job to accommodate their ridiculous and monotonous interview steps (spoiler alert: every person interviewing you asks you all the same questions). This process was an absolute mess from start to finish, and only representative of what I imagine it was like to work there. The cherry on top? When I asked all of these people along the way about the bonus compensation structure for the position, nobody could tell me what it was (to include other people that already held the same position I was applying for). I could only get "oh well its new, we recently changed it and its much different now, but people really like it", and then several wildly conflicting responses as to what the actual projected compensation would be. To put a candidate through all of that just to be told weeks later (after, frankly I had forgotten about the whole ordeal entirely) was just flat out bad business, and disrespectful to a candidate.

Interview Questions
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ciudad de Mexico

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Ciudad de Mexico)

Interview

I had 5 interviews in total. First it was a video you had to answer questions. Then I had a group interview and then 3 more similar questions. I felt it was a long process.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WeWork

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 months. I interviewed at WeWork in Sep 2019

Interview

After 3 months of applying for a new location that isn't opened yet, the recruiter finally got in touch. The interview process took much longer than expected and their communication needs improving. I had to chase them for an answer. It wasn't a good impression and I see a lot of people have this opinion about this role.

Interview Questions
  • They made me pretend to cold call people even though I was told this wouldn't be apart of the role. They didn't seem to care about my 3 years of running a coworking space. It was two ladies and they interviewed me separately and they asked the normal questions of an interview. How would you market a new building opening in a new city to open at 100% occupancy?

WeWork

Application

The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork in Sep 2019

Interview

Took ~4 weeks. Initial interview with hiring manager (basic “tell me about a time when” questions”. Then spoke with a Community Manager, then a Community Lead, then went in the office to meet with other team members for my final interview.

Interview Questions
  • Which WeWork value do you resonate most with?
  • How do you create urgency for both your colleagues and potential customers?
  • Tell me about a bad manager you’ve had and a good manager you’ve had

WeWork

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

Applied through the website. I have had 2 interviews here, community associate which pays $21 in the bay and community lead sales. Both times the interviewers were rude, overly direct and rushed me off the phone. She said she did not want to give my application to the hiring managers because they would just push back on my experience (less than a year in sales which is false, I have over 5 years and 4+ years of hospitality background which is relevant to the role). She scheduled the first phone interview with me having seen my resume so why schedule an interview to tell the candidate they are not qualified? Waste of time.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Vancouver, BC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Vancouver, BC)

Interview

Had a first initial interview with a recruiter! She was super friendly and outgoing and was very transparent with timelines. She set up an interview with the Community Director in person and I got a calendar invite with all the details needed. Had a 1:1 with the CD and then a building visit a week later where I met the entire team and was interviewed by a few more Community Managers from different buildings. The process took 3 weeks total from the start to get an offer. Was a very positive experience

Interview Questions
  • Tell me about your current role? Tell me about a time you had to conquer a challenge? What is one thing you wouldnt want me to know about you?

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Dallas, TX) in Apr 2019

Interview

4 interviews total. Webcam interview via Zoom with Recruiter, Webcam interview with a WeWork director, a Community tour and 90 minute observation, and a final 30 minute interview with who would potentially be my director at WeWork.

Interview Questions
  • - Asked about my current role in sales and how I'd transition my experience over to WeWork. - Why WeWork? - How well do you adapt to change? WeWork, while being in business for 10 years, is still very much a start up with a lot of changes pretty regularly.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at WeWork (Seattle, WA) in Apr 2019

Interview

The process was a series of interviews that began with a phone screening. After speaking to the recruiter on the phone I was invited to join a mixer at one of the WeWork locations. There, I had the opportunity to meet several current WeWork employees along with candidates. We toured the facility and had one on one discussions in a group setting. After the mixer I was invited to an hour and a half site visit and interview which included a 45 minute interview with a Community Manager, a site tour and time at the front desk. Following that interview, I had a video interview with the area director. The entire process occurred in one week. It was efficient, approachable and all of the employees worked to make sure you were at ease. A great experience!

Interview Questions
  • If there was an office that you were having a hard time filling, what are some strategies you would take to help fill that space?
Viewing 1 - 10 of 16 Interviews