Cover image for WeWork

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

WeWork Front Desk Associate Interview Questions

Updated Jun 27, 2017

To filter interviews, or .
Found 16 of over 984 interviews

Other7%
2.9
HardAverageEasy

WeWork

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

The interview process was quite easy and straightforward, but their HR person is what really drove me crazy. She had mentioned the pay upfront in our first phone interview, then after the in-person interview, she attempted to "remind me" of the pay, as less than market value and less than what she initially stated. She tried to make the position sound very pretty and polished by telling me about their California trip and trying to entice me with events they held at the office. They were trying to scam a less experienced person, and that is something I could not respect. I declined the offer for that reason.

Interview Questions
  • What qualities do you possess that would make you fit for this position?
    Answer Question
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork (San Francisco, CA) in Apr 2017

Interview

I was EXTREMELY upset that I still, to this day, never received a follow up rejection or offer email after a 4 week interview process, that I had the impression went very well. I indeed sent my thank you follow ups the day after the interview and heard back immediately from the Community Manger who joined in on the interview but never heard a word back from the Talent Acquisition Assosicate aka the coordinator who my point of communication for the job position I read this more than once during my research preparation for the interview, via Glassdoor. Very unfortunate that it is, indeed, true because I had great interactions with both of the women that were in my interview but was extremely taken back by the unprofessionalism of no follow up.

Interview Questions
  • How I would handle 3 request (a individual walk in at front desk, a ticket request (from their system they use), and an email) in order of significance.
1 person found this interview helpful

What people are saying about WeWork

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

a

Product Manager

WSJ: WeWork CEO says employees who are least engaged are the ones who want to WFH, while those who are most engaged are the ones excited to come back to the office. WTF is this boomer BS? Jesus, hire adults who don't need to suck up to you at the water cooler in order to like their job. Can we please push back against this narrative? Many of us have worked very very hard this past year, with great productivity, and this is what we get to hear? 😡

2,951

243 Comments

Real Estate

1.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=WeWork~661275
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about WeWork? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with WeWork employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 months. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in Mar 2017

Interview

Video Interview with 5 questions and a minute to read and think before answering each question. The questions are the generic "What do you know about us/Name a strength and weakness" types, so be prepared to have something beyond the "My weakness is that I'm a perfectionist" type of answer. I personally do incredibly well with phone and in-person interviews so, talking to a camera with no feed back and a time limit was very trying. I'd kind of hoped for one of the former after reading some of the previous interviews for this area. If this type of interview is in your ballpark then it should be quite easy.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time in which you disagreed with your manager and how you went about it.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (London, England) in Jan 2017

Interview

So fake & forced. It went a bit like this 'we either don't click or we do, I need to remember you, so just tell me about yourself' No guidance, no interaction, never stepped in to ask anything, just expected me to talk for 40 minutes. Good riddance WeWork

Interview Questions
  • Just tell me about yourself, anything

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Boston, MA) in Dec 2016

Interview

The interview process was thorough but not too overwhelming. I first did an in person interview with the community manager and east region manager back to back each lasting about 20-30 mins. The community manager gave me a homework assignment, to attend an event at WeWork, and meet 5 members and email him about what I found out about the. I then had a casual phone interview with India who works in the corporate office. I wound up getting an offer a day after my phone interview.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at WeWork (Denver, CO) in Oct 2016

Interview

I first applied online. Then wework reached out and asked to do a google hangout. I did the first the google hangout and received an email two days later asking to come in for an in-person interview. The second round was an in-person where I got a tour and talked about why I would be a good applicant. Then I received an email four days later saying I didn't get the job

Interview Questions
  • How do your values align with ours (wework values on their website)

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Seoul) in Oct 2016

Interview

I applied online and they wanted me to have an interview via google hangout. I passed first interview with HR associate. She was nice. However, the second interview at Seoul, Korea branch was awful. The interview proceed only just for 5minutes. Just only 5 minutes. She asked me strange questions like "You are preparing for your job So, What are you going to do for your job?" Isnt it strange? I applied for you, Wework to get hired!!! Also, she asked me, "Where did you apply for this job?" ..... omg so weird... The manager at branch didnt seem to try to know the candidate, me at all. I think she was just doing the interview since the headquarter ordered to have the interview even though their branch dont need other associate.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in London, England

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (London, England) in Aug 2016

Interview

I've never used this site before but I did use it a lot during the application process for this role so I thought I'd share my experience too. I first heard about this role through a friend who suggested I apply online. The job description seemed perfect and I knew it was a "cool" company to work for so I applied. I heard back from the recruiter a few days later asking me to come for an interview which I was thrilled about. I emailed back with my availability and didn't hear back for over a week. During this time I was getting quite anxious and thought she'd forgotten about me... I emailed her to follow up and didn't get a response until another few days later. This all seemed pretty unorganised to me and I began to lose faith in the interview process a little. I decided to look online at the reviews for this role in London. To be honest, they aren't good and it did put me off even going further with the interview process. Anyway, I went along to meet the recruiter at one of the London We Work offices. The interview itself lasted about 45 minutes, they were really friendly and made me feel at ease. However here are my issues with the whole process.... - I asked how long the process was and they said it was another THREE stages after this and I would find out if I was successful at this stage in a week. I simply didn't have time to be waiting at home for another few weeks, maybe months, waiting to hear if I got through each round. - The recruiter emphasised that the job is really stressful sometimes and they work late. I took this as a warning sign that working there would not give you a good work/life balance. - The recruiter told me there is no HR team as the company is still a "start up"... this seemed crazy to me, they have thousands of people working for them all over the world so how do they call themselves a start up? And how can they function without an HR department? This rang warning bells in my head too... Big companies need an HR department. - The reviews online for this role and others are really quite shocking from people who have worked there already. Someone even says "if I can stop one person from taking a job there from this post then I'll be happy". That's not good! Anyway, I just wanted to share my views on the whole process as I know it would have been helpful for me to have seen before my interview. I have another role at a different company now and I'm very happy there :)

Interview Questions
5 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Los Angeles, CA) in Jul 2016

Interview

I applied through a job site and a few days later was contacted to schedule a Google hangout. At the conclusion of the meeting I was told I'd be scheduled to have another with someone else later that day. Soon after the second hangout I was scheduled for a next-day in-person interview. One day after the interview I was told I wasn't chosen, but was invited to interview in-person at another location. Mind you, these are 2-hr in-person visits. The day after a second one I was told I wasn't chosen a second time and thanked for an unexplained and untrue "continued interest". Weird people, and overworked to say the least.

Interview Questions
3 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seoul

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Seoul) in May 2016

Interview

I applied via online and received online video interview. It took about two weeks to get respond from the community manager. Interview process went quite fast. I went through 1:1 interview with community manager and associate community manager. They were friendly and had passion about what they are doing. I am still waiting for their decision, but not sure when i can receive the result.

Interview Questions
  • 1. Tell me about yourself. 2. What people around you define yourself? any nickname? 3. Tell me about WeWork and what we are doing 4. You applied to the ACM(Associate Community Manager) position but are you able to start your career from FDA(Front Desk Associate)? 5. Prefer to work as a team? or individual?
1 person found this interview helpful