WeWork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WeWork

2.7

Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WeWork (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

Had a phone screening with an internal recruiter from New York that seem new to the company because the call was so poorly constructed and didn’t not even go over any information about the role. Asked to walk through my resume and then ask if I had any questions. I had several and she seemed very uninterested. Then I asked if there was any hesitation regarding my skill set. She said I didn’t have a tech background. I ask deeper questions to understand the tech piece within the role and she said the team uses a CRM tool. I have only ever used Salesforce and I have use a heavy amount of SaaS in my current role. Regardless if I was a fit or not, you never leave a candidate thinking anything less about the company. You always should be selling the organization to every candidate. It overall was a disappointment and negative image of the employee.

Software Development Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

The interview went super well! The Interviewer asked me a hard level Leetcode question, I solved it. He then asked me a few behavioural questions, I answered all confidently. The interviewer was very friendly, we chatted a little in the end. He sounded impressed!
    But it has been a month now, the company didn't contact me. In fact, I tried emailing the Engineering Manager (who wanted me to join his team and hence he had emailed me personally), he read my emails but never replied!!

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WeWork (Salt Lake City, UT) in April 2019.

Interview

Had a number of phone screenings and then met members of the team in person. Of most importance, the recruiting process was the most professional I've been involved with. I never had to contact my recruiter - they reached out almost daily with updates. It was a large part of my consideration for this position.

Interview Questions

• If you were at Google, and had to decide between 2 products to launch into a country, what considerations would you have?   1 Answer

Director Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in April 2019.

Interview

I submitted my application and received follow-up from the recruiter within a day. From there, the process went smoothly. At first, I wasn't sure if I wanted to work here due to some of the other Glassdoor reviews, but the people really sold me on it. All of the conversations I had were challenging in a positive way and inspiring. The full process took about two weeks start to finish, and I received feedback every step of the way from the Coordinator. There was one interviewer who didn't show up for the interview, and that was my only negative experience. However, he sent someone in his place. Overall, it was very positive. Within two weeks, I went from not really knowing if this was somewhere I wanted to work to this being the only place I wanted to work.

Interview Questions

• How do you intend to organize your team structure to deliver the right level of value to the business and where will you focus?   Answer Question

Community Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeWork (Seattle, WA) in April 2019.

Interview

The process was a series of interviews that began with a phone screening. After speaking to the recruiter on the phone I was invited to join a mixer at one of the WeWork locations. There, I had the opportunity to meet several current WeWork employees along with candidates. We toured the facility and had one on one discussions in a group setting. After the mixer I was invited to an hour and a half site visit and interview which included a 45 minute interview with a Community Manager, a site tour and time at the front desk. Following that interview, I had a video interview with the area director. The entire process occurred in one week. It was efficient, approachable and all of the employees worked to make sure you were at ease. A great experience!

Interview Questions

• If there was an office that you were having a hard time filling, what are some strategies you would take to help fill that space?   Answer Question

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at WeWork in April 2019.

Interview

Recruiter called extremely last minute since their hiring deadline for internships was only in 3 days. I was set up with a technical interview the next morning and an inconvenient time because of the tight deadline, although the interview itself was very straightforward and the interviewer was really helpful. After a technical interview I was set up with a phone call the next day with my now manager to discuss project details. Overall, the process was very rushed but I was happy to accept a great offer on a great team.

Interview Questions

• Don't quite remember, although it was a straightforward hashing/table question that related to storing key/value pairs.   Answer Question

Community Lead Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Dallas, TX) in April 2019.

Interview

4 interviews total. Webcam interview via Zoom with Recruiter, Webcam interview with a WeWork director, a Community tour and 90 minute observation, and a final 30 minute interview with who would potentially be my director at WeWork.

Interview Questions

• - Asked about my current role in sales and how I'd transition my experience over to WeWork.
      - Why WeWork?
      - How well do you adapt to change? WeWork, while being in business for 10 years, is still very much a start up with a lot of changes pretty regularly.   1 Answer

Software Engineering SummerReal Estate and Development Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WeWork (San Francisco, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter asking for available coding interview dates within the next day. I interviewed with a software engineer at the appointed time via phone and CoderPad. He asked a few behavioral questions (team project, conflict at work) and then gave me one problem in CoderPad. I had to contact a recruiter myself a week later to find out that I didn't pass the interview.

Interview Questions

• Given an array nums, there is a sliding window of size k which is moving from the very left of the array to the very right. You can only see the k numbers in the window. Each time the sliding window moves right by one position.   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

Fairly easy process where you start with a phone screen interview followed by a video chat meeting and a in-person meeting in the office to meet the the team. After that you can usually get a response within a few days

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Had a great phone interview with the recruiter - she asked for my availability for an on-site. She said the entire company was going to London for a week for summer camp and she’d schedule it for after they got back. Then I never heard from her.