WeWork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WeWork Interview Questions

Interviews at WeWork

2.7

Community Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

Terrible follow up. Recruiting staff couldn’t answer basic questions like - potential start date? Went to a odd “interview mixer” where you are put in a room with others competing for the same position as employees of WeWork walk around and ask you the same questions. Waste of time.

Senior Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY).

Interview

I've watched colleagues interview candidates for positions intended to be their direct manager. Not sure the logic in that - they were not interested in hiring someone more qualified than they were. I've also watched panels of "supervisors" with no subject matter expertise evaluate and dismiss qualified candidates because they weren't a "culture fit."

Interview Questions

• If I would mind attending mandatory Monday night "family dinners..." and working all the time.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Applied online. Phone screen followed by a coding exercise and then on site interviews. Met with several technical staff for a mix of fit and technical interviews.

Overall the process was fairly routine and everyone I met with was nice and professional. Technical aspects of the interview were on the easy side relative to true tech companies. It was clear WeWork really wanted to be seen as a strong tech company but it was also clear that it’s really mostly a real-estate arbitrage play trying to figure out how to stop losing money.

Interview Questions

• Which of our values most inspire you?   1 Answer

Future direction of the company seemed conflicted and unfocused. Level of technical focus and skills of potential future team members didn't seem at the level I was looking for and thus didn't feel I would be challenged to grow. I asked each person I met with where the company was going and got different answers from everyone. That's generally not a good sign.

Data Analyst Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

Was referred through another employee to a tech recruiter within the company. Let me tell you about how much this recruitment process eroded my entire faith in this company. I really wanted to work at WeWork because I thought they were doing interesting work, but my interactions with one of their recruiters has made me realized that they do not have the care to detail that other companies have.

This recruiter and I tried to meet FIVE times and each time we were slated to meet, this recruiter would always reschedule. The first time, he didn't even call me, and made up an excuse that I didn't pick up (which I think is bs but whatever let's assume this actually happened). Each time after that, he would always say he got busy, one times 2 minutes before my interview (I had moved my entire schedule to revolve around this interview).

Interacting with this individual made me realize that this company has no care at all about the recruitment process, and if they can't even bother to meet scheduled interview times, who's to say what their internal structure is like. In my opinion, don't even bother with this trash company, go find a better place that will respect your time and effort.

Interview Questions

• When are you free this week?   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

Long and honestly didn’t make much sense.

Video interview: simple and basic
    2nd interview with the Director and their manager: decent
    3rd interview shadowing: interesting but honestly didn’t leave me secured about what their actual jobs were.
    4th interview: honestly disappointing. Bland and boring, he didn’t even walk me to the door and left the room before I did.

Literally hiring children to run this company rather than people with experience and competence.

Interview Questions

• Why Wework?
      Your background?
      Describe tough management moments?
      Why did I work the past jobs and the choice of staying in that industry?
      What 2 values of the community do I relate to?   Answer Question

New Member Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY).

Interview

Series of three interviews. One over the phone with a recruiter, then another phone/video interview with company representative, and lastly an onsite interview with a series of 3 interviews & a mock trial.

Essentially it is a telemarketer position, where you have to sell a product at a fast paced to people. They paint it to seem like such an opportunity for growth and development, but it's literally just an entry level sales position (I wish they would've just said that in the beginning). They talk about being able to move up or to different departments, but as many people have experienced with these kinds of companies in NY, it's all empty promises.

They expect you to know all of their services and offers before you reach there ( mock trial phone call with potential client) and it leaves you to wonder, are they even going to train you?

The atmosphere is very inviting and entices you with bells & whistles of a cool kitchen and office snacks, multiple locations, interactive and progressive website and cool office spaces, but its all just a huge facade. Everyone that interviewed me seemed to be relatively new (hired within a year) and with a loose title that really held no weight, but allowed them bonuses off of "their team". It's like the perfected pyramid scheme, that you do not want to be a part of.

Ultimately, a huge waste of your time & pto.

Interview Questions

• What is an opinion you have that others may not agree with you on?   1 Answer
    • Basic "how do you deal with customers questions"   Answer Question
    • Why We Work? Why Sales?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Tech screen then all day on site. The interviewers were nice; I didn't have any problems at all with any of their technical questions and the interviews could not really have gone too much better. I concluded that there was no offer on the basis that I'm not 29 or younger. Whatever. Some companies are like that.

Senior Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (San Francisco, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Their recruiter contacted me via LinkedIn. I was intrigued, so I first had a phone chat with them which went well. The next step was to have an in-person interview at their SF offices. I had this interview and it went well. Though they only allocated 30 minutes for this interview which was not enough. I had a second interview at the office with a Director, which again went well. During the whole process the recruiter was following up and it all seemed to be going very smoothly. I even talked to a current employee to get their take on the office culture. So after all this, I was into them and thought that it could be a good fit. So after the very last interview, I got a call from the recruiter that they are "re-branding" so they could not get back to me for a month. A month passed and no word. I reached out and they said that they would contact me when they heard anything. Still, haven't heard and in the meant time got another position. It was a good experience up until how they ended it.
    How hard it is to let me know that I am not right for the position. Very unprofessional.

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Seattle, WA) in March 2019.

Interview

Had a 30-45 min call with a recruiter going over the basics of job responsibilities and company. Visited a building for a shadow day, spent a couple hours shadowing the role being considered for and then met with a couple people from the community team and discussed my qualifications for the role. The last part of the process included a video interview with the Director of the Northwest.

Interview Questions

• How is your background applicable to this position? What originality could you bring to your WeWork Community.   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeWork (Seattle, WA) in March 2019.

Interview

The initial interview was in-person with HR. Subsequent interviews included an interview with two direct supervisors, a building visit, and one more HR person. All of the individuals I interviewed with were professional, supportive, and fun to talk with.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation when it was necessary to shift your management strategy mid-course.   Answer Question