WeWork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WeWork Interview Questions

Interviews at WeWork

2.7

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork in March 2019.

Interview

Two interviews. One really short HireVue interview. Questions were: why WeWork, when did you use one of WeWork's core values (community, entrepreneurship, etc). Three weeks later had a second round interview over Zoom. Interviewer was very friendly. Asked me to talk about things on my resume. Pro tips: be authentic and ask interesting questions.

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Disorganized interview process, multiple rounds, the role changed multiple times in the process, communication with the recruitment team was lacking, did not feel that the interviewers were all on the same page

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork in March 2019.

Interview

Pretty quick and straight forward. The entire end to end process took about 2 weeks. First a recruiter call, and then 2 zoom interviews followed by an on-site. I want to give a quick shout to the recruiter who went above and beyond to make the logistics work for me after I got the offer.

Project Management Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

The recruiting manager, although pleasant, but was ultimately unprofessional in handling of the process. Even-though they request follow up information, but they completely ignore all correspondence for clarifications. The interview and evaluation process is the most cumbersome process one encounters. It seems to be designed to convey the optics of inclusivity and feel good for their team at large, but it does nothing for an informed and meaningful evaluation process. You will be interviewed by inexperienced individuals (possibly 1/3 of your experience), totally without depth to be interviewing a senior candidate! When you lookup the Linkedin profiles of some of the senior positions you will see they are occupied by people with unimpressive background/ experience….who could actually be your counterpart or even superior! I have since heard very negative accounts of the work culture and management…and therefore rescinded my application.

Senior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (San Francisco, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Typical interview process: 2 video phone interviews followed by a 4-5 hr on-site chock-full of behavioral questions and a whiteboard challenge.

The video phone interviews were way too short to cover the amount of information needed to be shared: professional background and then 2-3 project shares. The conversation felt rushed and pressured to just move straight into the final design vs covering design thinking. Red flag.

The on-site was typical of most on-sites: 1 hr presentation followed by a series of 1:1, lunch "break" with another interviewer. The hiring manager seemed preoccupied and didn't really have any questions to ask. My last 15 minutes was with the HR manager who also didn't seem tired and not too engaged. I'm assuming they had already made a decision that I would not be made an offer which is fine, but I would have preferred not having a 1:1 with HR. It seems pointless and quite honestly confusing for a candidate to meet with them when 1. an offer has not been made, 2. HR has zero questions for you. It was a very awkward way to end an on-site.

Lastly, don't expect any form of follow-up email about their decision. I understand it's not required, but given the amount of time a candidate invests interviewing and taking a day off to do the on-site is really in poor taste and reflects badly on the company culture.

Interview Questions

• What are your thoughts on "mobile first"? How do you like to work?   Answer Question

Video Producer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

The interview process was overall great. It took awhile — got rescheduled a number of times — but the recruiter was very communicative and kind. Once it got rolling, it was very efficient. On-site, everyone was friendly and warm though I got the sense that there was some disorder behind the scenes (as a result of their rapid growth I’m sure).

Community Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in March 2019.

Interview

Community leader position interview was pretty straight forward. Was asked questions pertaining to hard times and how did you solve them. Asked about my background some and experience in managing people and expectations of the company.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a conflict and how did you resolve it.   1 Answer

People Operations Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeWork in March 2019.

Interview

I applied online and heard back from the hiring manager to set aside 30 minute video chat interview. The interview lasted an hour and we spoke about everything from my experience and why I’m interested in the role.

I never heard back from WeWorks not even a rejection email. I felt as if I wasted that whole hour, even though the interview and conversation felt like it really went well. I was disappointed not to even get a rejection email, I hate being ghosted.

Interview Questions

• 1. Name some projects you worked on
      2. Tell me about yourself
      3. Why are you interested in this role   Answer Question

Enterprise Customer Success Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (San Francisco, CA) in March 2019.

Interview

Overall, I had great conversations with everyone I met, but the logistics/coordination of the interview process was terrible. They never got back to me with a final decision.

I was initially connected to an external recruiter. The external recruiter was friendly and thorough, but very difficult to get ahold of. He missed our first scheduled interview and when it looked like he was going to miss again, I texted and called him to get time with him. I moved onto additional interview rounds. Notably, the internal recruiting coordinator never showed up for our 15 min intro, but everyone else was on time and professional. The questions generally revolved around my experience working with someone from teams interviewing me (e.g. product, support) and then for the customer success teams the questions were focused on describing specific experiences with customers. I had one conversation and a few text exchanges with the external recruiter afterwards, but he never made himself available to give me a final decision. Per my last conversation with him it looked like everything was a "go" until he ghosted.

Community Lead Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Seattle, WA) in March 2019.

Interview

Thorough, careful and extensive process. Four interview rounds: video screening with recruiter, secondary video interview with Senior Manager, third on-site interview with Community Manager plus job shadow, and final video interview with Senior Director.