WeWork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WeWork

2.7

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

3 rounds of interviews. 1st was phone screening then 1 zoom call and then in person with a director and a community manager. Long process but not necessarily difficult.

Interview Questions

• What would you say is your largest f up?   1 Answer

Enterprise Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

I'm not sure you can call it a process. From the 2-week turnaround time to answer a frickin email, to the frontline managers conducting "interviews" in the middle of a raucous, open, and LOUD cafeteria, which literally made it impossible to concentrate, to their inane focus on "fit" (which means 'do you bro it up at happy hour every day'), it was a joke. Without question the least professional interview I've ever been on. I could have worn shorts. But I should thank them for ensuring I wouldn't have to be in the sinking ship. The schadenfreude is strong with this one. Good luck.

Interview Questions

• Tell us what you know about the commercial real estate business?   1 Answer

Infrastructure Security Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in December 2018.

Interview

I met with five members of the security team during a four-hour onsite interview. Each quizzed me on their own area of expertise, everything from network to IoT to application security. Big emphasis on whiteboarding exercises, which was not mentioned prior. Each member of the team described a totally different role and all seemed to be looking for a completely different skillset. The process felt haphazard and unprofessional and I never got so much as an email back from the internal recruiter afterwards. Ultimately this felt like an utter waste of time and I do not intend to engage with this company again.

Interview Questions

• What are some concerns surrounding IoT motion sensor security?   Answer Question

User Experience Designer Interview Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

There was a 30 min phone interview with the head of UX. Then a 3.5 hour in-person interview consisting of a 1 hour portfolio presentation, and two 1 hour whiteboarding exercises. Then an additional interview with the CEO at a different date.
    My only critique of the process is that I spent a great deal of time and energy to put together a 1 hour presentation and then complete 2 exhausting 1 hour whiteboarding sessions. At most companies the whiteboarding session is 20 minutes because it can be very stressful, and thus exhausting. But the frustrating thing was that after this experience I sent a very polite follow up to the design team and also an HR person and no one ever responded to my simple inquiry. I took a vacation day for this interview, I ended on a good note, and I understand that they may not have thought I was the best fit. But every candidate is also a person that spent 4 hours in your office and it would be nice to extend a thoughtful response to them after someon else has been chosen.

Interview Questions

• Relating to a project: how was success being measured on this project?   Answer Question

Senior Accountant Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter which then moved into an in-person with several people from different teams within the Accounting function.

Like all of the reviews before, this group at WeWork is an absolute mess. The accounting department cares much more about ensuring they're hiring "cool" people, with little to no regard as to their experience or credentials. It was told to me on more than one occasion that they're looking "for people they feel comfortable hanging out with." At WeWork, "culture-fit" is the most important thing when it comes to hiring. Of course this is incredibly problematic especially when you're a person of color and you interview with eight people who all happen to be caucasian. Yes, I interviewed with eight different people who were all Caucasian, an organization that now has upwards of 8k people employed. With the bias across the board in interviewing and hiring, it's clear to see that WeWork does not take hiring and interviewing very seriously.

If you don't have an "in," there's a good chance you're not going to get an interview or an offer. The really depend on employee referrals so the recruiters don't really have to do much. This can make the group seem incredibly homogenized. Would not recommend.

Interview Questions

• What do you think you could bring to this position?   1 Answer

Business Analyst Interview

Interview

I received the HR phone screen after the referral. And I replied my availability right away after I got the update. And the HR never responds to me even I followed up couple times with her. The experience cannot be worse as I was referred by the team

Strategy and Operations Associate Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

Interview was an initial screen with a recruitment coordinator who was very pleasant to work with. Next process was a video conference with one of the potential managers. This round of the interview was an inquisition, where I spent a majority of the interview explaining general terms in strategy as there was some confusion on their end. The manager then left 1 minute for one question, and cut off the answer as they had to go, but seemed unsure of their response.

Overall, I think there was a big knowledge gap, which explains the need for this area to have strong candidates to grow. Unfortunately, the demeanor in which the interview was conducted was mostly lacking attentiveness, knowledge, or respect for the person interviewing. As the company, I would conduct interview development courses for those interviewing to better build their talent portfolio. After this encounter, I decided to remove myself from the candidacy based on inadequate experiences.

Community Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

A video call phone screen followed by an on-site and a building visit. The questions were pretty standard and 2 people were in the on-site. The building visit was much more involved and I met a bunch of people. The job seems very all-consuming and everyone is super enthusiastic to work for WeWork.

Interview Questions

• How do you prioritize many demands at a given time?
      What is your greatest strength and weakness?   Answer Question

Interior Designer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Oakland, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Oakland, CA) in November 2018.

Interview

First the process went well, similar to the other ones. Then, the interviewer mentioned herself that for this position the company requires their employees to work 10
    10-14 hours a day. And also asked me if I am okay with it?

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in November 2018.

Interview

Initial interview went well the recruiter he enjoyed me but was reassigned in the middle of the process. Interviewed by a local manager and thought everything went well with that one too. Never heard back from them again even after sending a thank you email. Can't help but wonder if some of the reviews are right about diversity and clique mentality.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite part about your current job?   Answer Question
    • What core values do you hold?   1 Answer
    • How do you feel your experience will serve you in this role?   Answer Question