WeWork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WeWork

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

I got send a video interview where I had to record myself answering questions. They give you around 30 seconds to think of an answer. They ask you basic questions about yourself and the experience you may have gathered through your professional or academic background. I think a lot of the questions centered around conflict resolution and how you work in the a team setting.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you resolved a conflict?   1 Answer

People Team Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in March 2020.

Interview

Applied online and heard back about 2 weeks later for a 15 minute video interview. Was mainly just behavioral questions, nothing out of the ordinary. Followed up about 2 weeks later, when I saw the job resposted.

Interview Questions

Interview

Casual. Interview was 30 minutes and is centered around your skills and abilities. The interview itself was casual and more so a conversation then just an Q&A. Typical weakness and strength question to help identify your skill set.

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Seattle, WA) in February 2020.

Interview

The interview process had four stages:
    1) An initial call with a recruiter. She told me about WeWork and asked me some basic questions about my experience.
    2) A 30-minute video interview with a Community Manager. This interview was heavy on my prior experience and asked specifically about my interest in the company.
    3) A 90-minute Building Visit at one of the WeWork locations in my city. I toured the building, had a short interview with the on-site Community Manager, and interacted with the team members. They were looking for cultural fit, engagement, etc.
    4) A 30-minute video interview with the Community Director of my region. She wanted to get to know me as a person, asked "Why WeWork?", etc.

I was offered the job the day after the final interview. Start to finish, the process took about 2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Why WeWork?   Answer Question
    • Imagine that there are four emergencies happening simultaneously while you're sitting at the front desk. How would you prioritize them?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about yourself outside of the office. What are your passions? What do you care about?   Answer Question
    • Which of WeWorks's values is your favorite and why?   Answer Question

Community Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied 4 months ago, had an interview two months later, then flew to the location for an in person interview, wasn't selected, passed to another location 1 month later, zoom interview, never heard back.....

Interview Questions

• What would your sales strategy be   1 Answer

Community Sales Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

I submitted my resume and was contacted by a recruiter about 1.5-2 weeks later to schedule a phone interview. After confirming a day and a time, I was sent a Google calendar invite to confirm. The recruiter never called and did not respond when I reached out to follow up.

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (San Francisco, CA) in February 2020.

Interview

I applied and was contacted by a recruiter. We set up an interview and two days after I spoke with one of the community managers on a zoom call. I enjoyed our conversation and was able to make it to an on-site interview. During the on-site, I felt welcomed by the fellow community associates and was given a tour by the manager of that specific location. He was very informative and easy to talk to. After that, I hung out with the community associates and asked them questions about the job and their daily day to day activities. All of them of which were very helpful and gave me good insight regarding the role. My last interview was with the portfolio lead where he basically asked me about my previous roles and how I handled difficult customers. Then he proceeded to ask me what characteristic would turn me off regarding a company. I answered truthfully and basically told them I don't like it when the company is unorganized because I like to have a clear direction of what's needed for the job. He himself agreed. When it was time to ask him questions my last one may have came off aggressive but if you work for a company who values authenticity, then I deserve to know where I stand during this interview process. His answer was very vague and unspecific. He basically told me he's worried about me not wanting to work for a company that's unorganized because WeWork is unorganized. Way to represent the company good sir... I reassured him that it's understandable since this is somewhat a start up company and I am very adaptable and will still do the job to the best of my abilities. I even handed him a letter of recommendation in case he needs reassurance. Followed up the next day with thank you emails. Received a voicemail Monday (on site was on a Thursday) that I did not get the position. Overall, I take this as a learning experience. A little waste of time and efforts but it comes with the territory. No AAs in sight..

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork in February 2020.

Interview

Phone screen, interview, case study (3 rounds). Prepare background information on work history - have a clear story as to why this company.

Important to understand the workings of the business, and have a knowledge of relevant tools for the team you are applying for!

Interview Questions

• Why WeWork ? Case study explanation, previous experienc e   Answer Question

Labs manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in February 2020.

Interview

Initial phone interview was brief, then pitched to a team of 3. Senior management present a pretty welcoming culture, one in particular really pushes you but I appreciated her approach - it was a pretty good litmus test. Final interview was brief, overall a good experience but can't help to wonder that they expect you to come in with all the answers but without giving much away about the role.

Interview Questions

• What will you have achieved with this role in six months?   Answer Question

Data & Analyst Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

Technical and behavioral questions with HR and then hiring manager. The people team actually had a lot of questions, mainly to see if you are a good fit for the company's culture.