WeWork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WeWork Interview Questions

Interviews at WeWork

2.7

Intern Interview

Interview

Very good and efficient process overall. I had one interview with the company's HR and one interview with a manager. I received an offer a few days after my final interview.

Community Assistant Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in January 2020.

Interview

I was interviewed by four different Team Member and Managers, every single of them was very nice which made the atmosphere during these interviews a very comfortable one. First interview was a video call with one of the recruiters, second interview was three days after with a manager, third interview was the same day with two other higher managers, and finally had my fourth and last interview with the manager of one of the buildings. This last interview was more like a "come into the building, see things we do in our day to day, and tell more about you". If I am not wrong I believe I received an offer same day in the evening.

Interview Questions

• What's the difference between Customer Service and Hospitality?   Answer Question

Community Sales Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork in November 2019.

Interview

This interview process was a chaotic mess. I applied and was pretty shortly thereafter contacted by a recruiter for a brief phone interview, and to set up a Zoom video interview with (who seemed to be) the hiring manager (not to mention who started the interview off immediately feeling the need to reassure me since so many people at WeWork are getting laid off). Several interviews, video and in person, site visits (which made working here seem EXTREMELY cult-y), meetings, and flaming hoops later, a senior manager told me that she really liked my responses and was interested in proceeding, and then told me that I'd hear a response on next steps within 1-2 days "so that I wouldn't have to wait cluelessly through the holidays". Well lo and behold that was a lie (not surprising at this point in the experience), and I didn't hear anything at all, even after reaching out and emailing the hiring manager and recruiter. No response. 1-2 weeks later the recruiter calls me offering me the opportunity to start the whole process over again and interview for other open positions at other sites, and starts listing off locations I had never heard of. I politely questioned what he was referring to, and quickly realized that the recruiter had no idea who I was, what I was applying for, or even in what part of the country I was in, he was offering me interviews not even remotely close to my location. After he took several moments to rifle through his work, he goes "oh yes, I had the wrong person, I don't have any updates for you". Mind you this is weeks after the senior manager informed me I would be told what was going on, so it was safe to say at that point that I was good to go without WeWork, especially provided that it was just plain old disrespectful at this point given that I had taken so much PTO and time away from my current job to accommodate their ridiculous and monotonous interview steps (spoiler alert: every person interviewing you asks you all the same questions). This process was an absolute mess from start to finish, and only representative of what I imagine it was like to work there. The cherry on top? When I asked all of these people along the way about the bonus compensation structure for the position, nobody could tell me what it was (to include other people that already held the same position I was applying for). I could only get "oh well its new, we recently changed it and its much different now, but people really like it", and then several wildly conflicting responses as to what the actual projected compensation would be. To put a candidate through all of that just to be told weeks later (after, frankly I had forgotten about the whole ordeal entirely) was just flat out bad business, and disrespectful to a candidate.

Lease Administrator Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

Initial phone conversation with the recruiter was brief, informative and enjoyable. I didn’t hear back about next steps for about 2.5 weeks. The recruiter then sent a broken link to a quiz on lease language. It took 10 days for them to resend a working link. The quiz was either designed to purposefully trick interviewees, or it was written by someone who hasn’t worked extensively with leases. Never heard back regarding confirmation of quiz completion, quiz results, or next steps. With this experience in mind, as well as the recent major management and staffing shakeups, I decided not to pursue further.

Community Interview

Interview

I had a Virtual (HireVue) interview, where I recorded myself answering prompted questions through an online application and then I had skype interview with a woman on the community team.

Facilities Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY).

Interview

Recruiter over the phone for an initial phone screen, a zoom interview with Regional facilities director discussing skill set mostly, then interview with operation manager since I already know my direct report, mostly questions about me and how I would fit into the culture, about 5 weeks total

Interview Questions

• What is the hardest facilties related issue have you had to resolve and how did you resolve it?   1 Answer

Front Desk Receptionist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY).

Interview

My first phone call with the job poster went pretty well. He didn't really specify what his role was or that the next in-person interview wasn't going to be as personal as I thought it was going to be. I still went, and when I saw him he didn't acknowledge my existence (even when I sat down on the couch for a good 30 minutes) and I didn't get a hi from him till the end. But before that, I waited for other people to go in for their interviews (again, came in thinking it was just me and no other competition) and the two girls who interviewed me were questionable. I immediately got a bad vibe from one of them and I felt SUPER uncomfortable talking or even breathing across from them at the table. That one girl did NOT make me feel welcomed and even scoffed at me at one point. This was probably the worst interview ever and everyone that I came into contact with at WeWork were very stuck up. I will NEVER apply to WeWork ever again. Super disappointed with the whole hiring process and how people treated me.

Intern Interview

Interview

I applied online and heard back within a week. I was then asked to complete an online pre-recorded video interview. I passed and then interviewed with the Hiring Manager.

Interview Questions

• Which one of WeWork's values resonates with you the most and why?   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

Job posted on LinkedIn I believe I was the 4th person to apply and in less than a week of the job posted, I got a no interview email. I believe that if you fit 9 out of 10 requirements and preferred qualifications you should at least have an interview with the manager. UNLESS they are interviewing internally which I don’t believe to be the case.

Interview Questions

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork in September 2019.

Interview

Took ~4 weeks. Initial interview with hiring manager (basic “tell me about a time when” questions”. Then spoke with a Community Manager, then a Community Lead, then went in the office to meet with other team members for my final interview.

Interview Questions

• Which WeWork value do you resonate most with?   Answer Question
    • How do you create urgency for both your colleagues and potential customers?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a bad manager you’ve had and a good manager you’ve had   Answer Question