WeWork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WeWork Interview Questions

Interviews at WeWork

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Atlanta, GA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process was set up via Skype. the first round interview went well with the interviewer being engaging and had clearly prepared to speak with me directly. For the second round interview which was another Skype call, I was contacted 5 minutes after the interview was supposed to begin to be told that my interviewer could no longer have the interview at that time but asked if I could be free in an hour. I agreed to be flexible but when we did begin our interview she was clearly rushed, it was obvious that was not prepared to speak with me and was looking at my resume for the first time. She proceeded to ask me questions clearly from a worksheet and the questions were all different wordings of the same thing (asking me about my strongest traits, my strengths, weaknesses, etc) and then during my answers I would see her interacting with people off screen so she was clearly not even listening to my answers.

Community Lead Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

Started with a recorded interview answering basic questions about background at how I heard about the job. Moved on to a google hangout with a recruiter and to an in-person interview with multiple Directors. Rolling interviews in process at this time.

Community Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

I found the job at the Wework's career page. Sent my résumé and cover letter. I got an email from a recruiter after just one day. I had to do an online interview that would be recorded. There were 7 questions. I had to type the answer for 2 of them and record myself for 5. The program would give me 30 seconds to read the question and one to two minutes to answer. After one day, I received another email confirming an in person interview for the following week. The interview lasted only 20 minutes and the questions were very easy and typical. After the interview there was a happy hour for all who had been interviewed.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself? Why are you interested in this position? what skills do you expect or want to learn from this experience? what do you do for fun? salary? how do you manage a team? what's been your biggest challenge? what's your long term career path? why wework?   Answer Question

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed to be a WeWork Community Associate in June. The recruiter that I was communicating with was extremely nice and helpful. I started off with one video chat interview, and then continued with two in person interview, and lastly a video chat interview with one of the Directors. Everyone that I interviewed with was extremely nice.

The interview process for this entry level role took way too long. On one occasion, my interview was rescheduled on the same day, 2 hours before I was about to go into the city to interview. I found this to be extremely unprofessional... I started interviewing in June, and finished in mid September. After interviewing many times, I assumed that I was definitely getting the role because I had positive feedback from each interview. Out of nowhere, they told me that I did not get the position after I had waited around for months. I was extremely disappointed with the way the management team handled this.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a little about yourself

Recite the WeWork rules of conduct   1 Answer

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WeWork (Detroit, MI) in June 2017.

Interview

The interview process was laid back and very casual. This happened via Google Hangout. I initially applied for a Community Associate role but, after speaking about my background, the recruiter felt I'd be a better fit for the Community Manager position. We spoke about the upcoming Summer Camp in London as well as other benefits to working for WeWork. The interview ended with a second interview announcement and I was to wait a week for a scheduled time to speak with someone in Chicago.... After a week and a half I emailed the recruiter and 3 days later I got a generic "Thanks for applying" email from her.
    I found the process disingenuous and quite unprofessional. But, unfortunately, I wasn't surprised as many of the reviews here on Glassdoor prepared me this experience. WeWork has to do better with their HR/ Recruiter processes.

Whether I was hired or not, I really wanted to like this company.

Sales Operations Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I interviewed for a position in NYC, as I am in CA, I did the interviews over GoogleHangouts/phone. First I was contacted by a recruiter at WeWork for the department, after discussing my background I was put in front of the hiring manager. Interview was kind of rough, as someone with extensive background in real estate, it was hard to talk to the hiring manager who knew none of the terminology. She called it a "mini-case" but honestly, the questions were so vague that I didn't even get what she was asking for even though by the end of it she was asking very simple things that would've been easy to answer if she was more knowledgeable about the industry.

Interview Questions

• If you have 100 desks, how many would you want leased within a month?   Answer Question
    • If we have say 100 desks all over the country, how many would you expect to be occupied next month?   Answer Question

Community Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

The entire process was vague and lengthy, there was no solid structure and the interviews were all over the place. Every interviewer was completely lackadaisical. No offer in the end.

Interview Questions

• If you have 1900 units how much revenue is one building bringing in.   1 Answer

Digital Interview

Application

The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork in June 2017.

Interview

Recruiter phone call. Coding test/ In person with various folks. Then so called exec interview. Easy interview. The recruiter wasn't very present and just seemed to throw jargons. The engineering directors/leadership were a really let down with no impressive backgrounds/experience... either homegrown quickly or came from companies that are about go out of business . Very uninspiring and not impressive.

Technology Management Director Level Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The first round was great quick facetime call with the HR person and 25 minutes later set up next series of interviews. Second Round was a bit surprising. I was invited into the office and was told whom I would be meeting. I was really excited. However, after an hour of my time, I found out that neither of the people I was speaking with would be the person I would be reporting. I then waited three weeks to hear back and was told they chose someone else who had more experience in a different field that was not related to the job. I think this was performed as a courtesy and I wonder given the culture of Wework if I was passed over because of my age. I have seen some notes of that on Glassdoor.

Interview Questions

• Very open-ended questions most of the time they were looking at their phones while I was speaking.   Answer Question

Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

Applied through an employee referral. Interviewed through a google hangouts.

The interview lasted around 10 minutes so I felt as if they did not value my time. Considering I took time off of work to be available for an interview this was very disheartening. I reached out to see where I stood in the process and did not hear back for a month (This was after I was told that I was definitely in the running for the job and would be speaking with another manager) Absolutely horrible experience.