WeWork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WeWork

2.7

Account Executive Role Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WeWork (Chicago, IL) in September 2019.

Interview

Had a phone call, then a follow up video interview with manager. The manager was BEYOND rude, was not even interested in hearing what I had to say. Basically gave me a no during the interview, rolled her eyes many times, and was extremely unprofessional. She even cut me off mid sentence and said she had to go after she was 10 minutes late to the interview. Rude and unprofessional

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WeWork (Miami, FL).

Interview

Was referred by an employee. Had a call scheduled with an HR person based in Chicago. For the phone screening I had a call scheduled at 5:30. He forgot about the interview which was scheduled at 5:30. Called me at 6 and I understood knowing sometimes thing come up and we proceeded. After 10 minutes he asked if he can call me back tomorrow. It was very weird. He seemed very disinterested and preoccupied. He called me back the next day and we had a standard phone screen. Waited 2-3 weeks before being told I was moving on to the next round.

Met with the Community Director, waited another 2-3 weeks to hear feedback form the recruiter. I was then asked to come in and have an interview. I kept following up waiting for details to come in on the interview but another 2-3 weeks go by and I finally here. Once confirmed on the day of I am told the person I was meeting with was unavailable and asked to go to another location. I obliged but was not told who to ask for or anything so it was a little concerning.

The interview went great and the team I spoke to was amazing. I waited more than 3 weeks with follow up every week to find out if I was given the job. The recruiter then calls and says they went with another candidate but had no constructive feedback. He said to let him know if I find another job online that I'm interested in. I followed up the next week finding a similar role but got no response. I followed up again but received no response.

HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE with the recruiter continuously not responding to me. I would highly recommend not working with this recruiter.

Community Associate Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

I applied, one month later had a screening with a recruiter who set up another interview with the hiring manager later that day. 9 days later the recruiter called me back and set up an on-site interview for the next day. Onsite was great, touring the space and getting to know the team and members. I was tasked with replying to some emails and setting up for an event. The next week the recruiter called me with really good feedback and scheduled my last interview, again for later the same day. The final interview went well and I enjoyed talking to the director. Unfortunately I never heard back.. at all.

Manager, Business Development Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY).

Interview

3 month long process filled with confusion, inconsistency and chaos. I was referred for an employee and very qualified for the position. Went through 4 rounds and dealt with 2 interview date changes, and a canceled in person interview the morning of the interview. This company is so disorganized and does not respect people’s time and energy during the interview process. The ended up telling me they chose to hire internally at the last minute. Total waste of time.

Interview Questions

• Asked for a 30-60-90 plan with little guidance on what the job actually entails   Answer Question

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

All in all, as a process it was reasonably smooth. 6 interviews onsite. Everyone was nice and seemed excited about the work. All behavioral interviews. While the interview was easy, I think it was a waste of time for pretty much everyone. This is the risk of behavioral interviews by people who don't know how to interview. The answers you get are really only as specific/indicative/helpful as the questions that are asked. the questions need to be tailored to the person you're interviewing. DUH! otherwise, you're just getting a bunch of useless data. Be thoughtful about the questions, and you will get helpful answers. In this case, there was so much repetition in terms of questions, that I forgot who I told what, or when i mentioned what, so by the end I was referring to things I thought i said, but actually would have been in a separate interview. While the experience was fine, the interview was dumb. For anyone interviewing here, I'd just advice to go ahead and do the thinking for them, try and understand exactly what you'd want to know if you were them, and essentially just be that person. Because they will have no idea, and the underlings that are asking you questions dont really give a sh!t about youre ideas, they're just trying to check boxes like 99% of other people. Out of the 8 or so people I interacted with, 2 were quite impressive/smart. Which is actually par for the course...so not bad.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

I wasn't abke to connect with the recruiter for 2-3 weeks. Red flag.

Then I schedule an phone interview. Then the engineer I met talked about his project and asked behaviorial questions for 30 minutes. It seems they want a wework advocate. Unfortunately, I'm not passionate enough. Then the tech question is about 20 minutes.

The result came in after a month. Lol. Can't imagine working there.

Recruiting Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (San Jose, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

It was a phone screen and then an in person interview at their office in San jose. This interview included three people to interview with and a scheduling exercise.

Interview Questions

• When have you gone above and beyond for a customer?   Answer Question
    • When have you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle that?   Answer Question

Facilities Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in August 2019.

Interview

Spoke to recruiter who seemed disinterested throughout the interview; asked questions that had obvious no clear thought behind her questions and did ask what my salary range is with a reply stating its within the range she saw would work. 15 minute conversation and she figured out I wasn’t a fit although I know more about WeWork as I recently hired them at a recent employer and still was in contact with a regional who still contacts me with process issues yet the next morning I get the thanks but no thanks call. Why tell me I was in the salary range? Rushed interview; zero substance...what a waste of time.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2019.

Interview

I was called by a Hiring Manager from another state regarding my application to set up a Zoom interview. They wanted to know why I wanted to work at WeWork and how I found out about the company. They were friendly during the online interview, but never contacted me back after more than a week regarding my status, if I moved on to the next step.

Interview Questions

• What is one superpower that you have?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeWork (Phoenix, AZ) in August 2019.

Interview

Was contacted within 24 hours of application. Set up initial phone interview with the recruiter within one day and skype interview with the community manager the following day. Very positive experience. Though I wasn't selected, the interview process was enjoyable and a good learning experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about an experience where you catalyzed community?   Answer Question
    • Which of our company values do you resonate with the most?   Answer Question
    • How have you broken down a barrier in the workplace?   Answer Question