WeWork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WeWork

2.7

Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

Recruiting team reached out via LinkedIn, and we had a short phone call. Recruiter didn't know / couldn't tell me the salary range for the role, which I wanted to know before moving on to next steps, so recruiter told me they would check with the hiring manager and get back to me with the salary range for the role. I didn't hear anything for 3 weeks, even with weekly follow ups from my side. I then heard back from the recruiter, that the role was going to be in a different geographic location and so they wouldn't be moving forward with me. Overall, poorly organized process and took way too long to give a yes/no decision on next steps to me as a candidate.

Senior Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Beware of this company. They make you do prepare a presentation/business case study even when they are not serious about you. I applied online and was contacted by recruiter then followed by a call with hiring manager. I was then asked to prepare a business case. I put a lot of effort in the case. I was told that hiring team is coming over from NY to SF in a week and they will contact me in advance for the in person interview dates and presentation. I had to remind them about the interview date the day before the onsite, just so that I could get on their schedule. All the interviews and presentation went well.
    Surprisingly, they came back to me the day after onsite interview saying that they are hiring some else for that role as they want someone at Staff Product Manager/Group PM level. The title was still Senior PM. They knew all about my experience before interviewing me but still made do presentation, present it and do 5 onsite interviews. Felt like I was scammed. Why waste someone else's time when you don't intend to hire them.

In my experience, stay away from companies like Wework who don't respect time of interviewers. You might as direct your efforts and resources at real tech companies in Bay Area.

Interview Questions

• Business Case. Onsite questions were mostly behavioral. 3-4 interviews with PMs. I also had one interview with Engineering Manager focused on my experience working with engineers.   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

This was a very laid back conversation with the hiring manager. Nothing beyond talking about yourself and resume. Make sure to ask to be shown around. The offices are interesting and a big selling point to work there.

Procurement Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (San Francisco, CA) in July 2019.

Interview

Interview process was straight forward. First a video call with a recruiter, then follow up interviews. The interview process was much longer than necessary. Total process took about 6-7 week. First initial video call with recruiter, then following week an in person interview, following week another video call with different manager, following week after that another in person interview.

While they were somewhat organized, one video call interview missed the scheduled time, so ended up having to schedule the next day. Overall, it would of been more efficient to have all interviews in one day.

Overall a mediocre experience, but you can tell they are straining to stick to processes.

Interview Questions

• What is a process that you were able to improve upon in your current role?   Answer Question

Assoicate Alternative Revenue Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in July 2019.

Interview

Straight forward interview. One in person and one video interview. Took about 2 weeks for the whole process. Be prepared to be interviewed by several people and be genuine.

Community Sales Lead Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

Applied through the website. I have had 2 interviews here, community associate which pays $21 in the bay and community lead sales. Both times the interviewers were rude, overly direct and rushed me off the phone. She said she did not want to give my application to the hiring managers because they would just push back on my experience (less than a year in sales which is false, I have over 5 years and 4+ years of hospitality background which is relevant to the role). She scheduled the first phone interview with me having seen my resume so why schedule an interview to tell the candidate they are not qualified? Waste of time.

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY).

Interview

The first interview I had was a video call on Zoom and around 30 minutes long. The interviewer was extremely professional and very enthusiastic to be interviewing me. I applied on an employee referral and after my first interview I was told I would heard back about the next round (in person interview with two managers) sometime this week.

Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Palo Alto, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Palo Alto, CA).

Interview

Got an employee referral. The interview process was totally chaotic and unprofessional. The recruiters were extremely ignorant, unresponsive, rude and unprofessional.

I applied through a referral and got contacted by a sourcer. I had one technical phone screen where my model building skills were tested.

I was invited for an onsite interview and there were serious hassles for me to get the interview/travel setup because it was so hard to communicate and plan with the recruiters.

There were 4 interviews, 45 minutes each and one lunch interview with the hiring manager. There were 2 technical rounds - machine learning, coding (one medium, one hard), one managerial round and one business acumen type of round. The conversations with the engineers and scientists were good.

There were serious miscommunications with the recruiters along the way. I wasn't informed about the interview formats at all despite emailing the recruiter several times. Even after the interviews, the recruiter responded to me only after I sent a follow-up email a week later enquiring about my interview results. The recruiter decided to call me to inform me about my result and it was THE MOST RUDE, CONDESCENDING conversation I have every had in my professional career. I wasn't even being given a chance to ask questions and when I did ask, the recruiter was getting irritated. The same one sentence response was being given to every question I had and basically, the recruiter treated me like a POS.

THE MOST HORRIBLE INTERVIEWING EXPERIENCE.

Security Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

2 phone screen and then 4 back to back onsite. Inexperienced interviewers. Asked very specific domain questions instead of testing your skillset. Had a few weird questions where you're not sure what they're trying to get you to.

Community Director Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

It was chaotic, unprofessional, unorganized and should have been a warning about how mismanaged the company is. It was mostly done through Zoom and the interviewers were always working on something else at the same time. They made me do a case study and then used those ideas before I got hired. Luckily I got hired.