WeWork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WeWork Interview Questions

Interviews at WeWork

2.7

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

I applied online and was very promptly contacted by the recruiter. After the recruiter phone screen, I had a video interview with an engineer on the team I'm interviewing for. The interview was mainly technical. The turn around time after the initial technical screen was extremely fast and efficient (same day).
      Then I went onsite. My location was NYC, where WeWork originated. I had 5 rounds, with a mixture of algorithms, machine learning, system design, behavioral and lunch. The interviews were well coordinated and the questions were of high quality. The questions were well-considered, balanced, and thorough. I enjoyed meeting everyone on the team. They were genuine, smart, and passionate about their work. I came out of the interview feeling very exhilarated.
       The feedback and verbal offer were done in about two days; again, very fast and efficient. During the offer stage, the recruiter kept me updated constantly, and was very communicative and patient. And my would-be manager met with me to discuss the projects and initiatives in detail. I got the sense that a lot of meaningful work could be done. My would-be manager, the recruiter, and I worked together to improve my offer. In addition, my interviewers (would-be teammates) sent me very nice messages and made me feel very welcomed.
       In all, this was a five-star interview experience end to end.

Growth Strategy Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Recruiter was OOO, I got the impression that if she was in office, my first contact would have been with her. Was reached out to by the lead of the team after submitting. 3 different phone screens with 3 people on the team (30 min phone screens) - asking mostly behavioral questions but also some case questions (pretty tough and I wasn't prepared because a recruiter was not available during the process).

Next I had to prepare a presentation. It was based off of 2 excel documents with really ambiguous data. You had to perform analysis on it to answer 5 or so questions and compile in a 4 slide presentation. They gave me 3 days to do the presentation and it took me the full 3 days. It was pretty tough.

I went into the chelsea office to present. i had a 30 min call with the SVP of growth via VC, then presented to all 8 members of the team. they were texting and emailing and not paying attention during my presentation, which made me very nervous and was very off-putting. they were also not friendly at all. no one greeted me or shook my hand, and everyone was under 25 years old. Then I had a 45 min interview with the head of the team. I felt that this was excessive and we were both running out of things to say after 40 min.

I didn't receive an offer and didn't get any feedback. I think it came down to culture fit. Really disliked the team atmosphere and how they treated their candidates.

Interview Questions

• What do you think we should charge our brokers and partners?   Answer Question
    • How do we increase lead generation from events?   Answer Question
    • How do we increase leads/conversions from events, organic, in-bound etc.   Answer Question

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork (San Francisco, CA) in June 2019.

Interview

30 minute phone screening with local office recruiter from the San Francisco WeWork office, followed by a video conference that I was offered at the end of the call.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

2 Rounds of interviews
    Round 0
    Recruiter call
    Round 1
    1-hour Phone Screening/Coding. Working with stacks.
    Round 2
    4 hours onsite in New York. System design, behavioral design, coding. Was interviewed by 3 different panels.
    Round 3
    They had me interview with another engineering manager since I did not fit well into the requirements on the original team.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in June 2019.

Interview

Easy to setup and process was moving quickly. Recruiter gave a good overview of the company. Setup the phone screen. The interviewer was helpful throughout the process as well.

Network Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY).

Interview

Phone screen interview by HR followed by technical interview by network manager on a video call. More about what WeWork does, and how you fit in with your experience.

New Member Development Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

Was a very fast process and turn around time. One of the more enjoyable interviews I've experienced. I first had 2 recruiter calls to see where I best fit in the business, then had a video interview with one manager. Two days later came in for an onsite interview. Met with 5 exec level team members and did a role play scenario assuming the position I was applying for.

Interview Questions

• What is one thing about you that we can't read on your resume that will set you apart from other applicants?   3 Answers

Office Coordinator Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

Had a video interview with a recruiter that went really well. Then we had to show up to a "mixer" at one of their locations which I've never experienced before. I instantly felt out of place due to the lack of diversity but I guess that's exactly its purpose is to see if you'd fit well with the current workers.

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

The process is going amazing, everyone is so friendly and I met serval members of the team and they asked me questions about my future prospects and my goal and also some problems on technique questions

L&D Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY).

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter through LinkedIn and invited to apply, I had an initial phone interview and then another call with the manager. Eventually, they invited me to a technical interview at their offices in NYC. I had to prepare some materials and make a presentation. As soon as I walked in the manager was on his computer and the phone, I knew right then that this position in this company wasn't for me. During the interview, he was looking at his phone all the time, which I found incredibly rude. I gave up, to be honest, I really didn't even bother after that I left and I said to my self that I would not work in that type of negative culture ever. They sent me a survey which I tried to fill out and couldn't 'cause it would fail every time I tried to send it out, what a coincidence. That week I spoke to a colleague and told her about it and she told me she had the same exact experience with the same team about 6 months ago, so obviously this a recurrence.