WeWork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WeWork

2.7

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (San Francisco, CA) in May 2019.

Interview

A recruiter reached out to me to apply for this job. First step was having a phone screen with the recruiter -- which was super easy -- didn't ask too many questions and the phone call lasted less than 20 minutes. Next, she set up a zoom interview with another employee, which asked the usual interview questions like "tell us about yourself, why you want this job, etc..." Everything went great and was offered a last interview with a shadowing of the job. I was told the shadowing was meant to see how you would work in the environment and how well you would fit in. I was partnered with the person at the front desk, but frankly, all he did was talk rude about the guests. I also met with his supervisor, but she did not seem excited at all to do the interviewing and you could tell she was not a friendly person. After an hour of "shadowing," I had the last zoom interview with the manager and everything seemed to go great. I know for a FACT I aced the interviews, but still wasn't offered the position. I just hated the amount of work and time you had to invest BEFORE visiting the building only to make it to the last interview and not be offered the position. Nonetheless, the people in that building seemed to be pretty snobby and stuck up.

Interview Questions

• Think about a time you had a rude guest and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Community Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WeWork (Chicago, IL) in May 2019.

Interview

I was contacted by 2 recruiters for different roles. One recruiter asked the other to stop contacting me so he could finish the process with me. Said recruiter put me through 5 rounds. This only happened because I would follow up with him via email and every time he said he forgot to send me my next interview request because he was a new recruiter in the area and had a lot going on. Okay, no problem. 2 of my interviews were the same exact interview. He then was radio silent for a month and did not respond to my follow up emails. Next thing you know, I receive a phone call that rang only once and he claimed to have left me a voicemail. He did not. He sent me an email saying they are pursuing another candidate. I asked him for feedback and asked if he could connect me with another recruiter for a different role, and he never responded. The whole time he made me feel like it was an honor he responded to me at all. I really wanted the job because I liked what I saw when I was in the first 3 rounds, but the last 2 rounds I was not impressed. The culture seems great but this company does not execute their values and it shows.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at WeWork in May 2019.

Interview

Started off with a recruiter call .. then a standard coding interview, the hiring manager was good and professional. That proceeded with a take home project. After this, it became weird, they said they are to proceed to the on-site, they finalized on a day and then when they wanted to book the flights, all 3 recruiters completely disappeared for few weeks and still nothing. No response to emails. Completely unprofessional. If the req is no longer, Inform the candidate and dont ghost them. Its childish to just stop responding and thinking it will go away. Being a bay area with so many options for developers, I hope WeWork makes sure they get their recruiters to behave professionally if they want to hire good talent.

Full Stack Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

Recruiter contacted me for a role in WeWork. In the initial screening call, the recruiter seemed not interest and blindly talking about the company. I couldn't get a clear answer to my questions.

They scheduled a code-pair session with an engineer. The interview was very easy and I solved it within time and the code was working very well. I got a rejection mail 2 days later with no clue for rejection. The interview process seemed vague and didn't make sense. It looked like they were just wasting my time.

Growth Operations Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in May 2019.

Interview

The interview process was really broken into 3 parts:
    1. First rounds of phone screens - HR, hiring manager, additional team members
    2. Onsite presentation, interviews with team members, conversation with hiring manager
    3. Additional video interviews with senior leadership

Everyone who interviews has to make a presentation. The process was quick overall, HR was responsive, and everyone was kind and friendly.

Design Role Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

At first it went fine, but then I was assigned a design presentation and put a lot of work into it. Even the team said I went above and beyond. Two days later I get a very vague rejection email. They can at least provide feedback especially after putting a lot of work into a presentation. If that's any indication on how they treat people, I wouldn't want to work at a place like that anyway.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you received negative feedback about a project and how you proceeded?   Answer Question

Business Development Interview

Application

The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

The process was extremely disorganized. One phone interview was missed entirely and rescheduled. Another phone interview was rescheduled with a different interviewer just a few hours before. I was then scheduled for a next video interview, and only told the day of that they would not be moving forward with me. I had taken extra preparation to be available by video, so I felt this was very rude of them to change last minute. It speaks volumes for how this disorganized company would support their sales staff.

Data Visualization Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY).

Interview

The interview experience with the people (manager/director/individuals on the team) were great, since it is a technical role, they asked me some basic SQL questions, and the usual behavioral questions. The only downside of this entire process is with the HR person involved over our email exchanges. I think he could have be much better at managing the candidate's expectation , as he was the one who provided the expected response timeline and did not follow up promptly. The worst was when he sent me a rejection email containing two paragraphs with different fonts between sentences (that's how you know it was copied and pasted).

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

In the interview process, I met the Recruiter first and then the recruiter scheduled a meeting with the rest of the team. I met with 3 members of the team and each team member was asking questions about different things.

Interview Questions

• Can you work in an open environment?   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WeWork (San Francisco, CA).

Interview

I had a phone screen with one of the guy, interview went really well. I had answered all the questions and finished the interview in 35mins. Interviewer asked me about what team will you come onsite for, basically he gave me options for onsite. Interview questions were reasonable, interviewer who took the interview was good, but for some reason I got a rejection. The reason I am baffled is because this is the first time I felt like I aced it. It was coderpad question, I had to execute all the test cases and everything worked as per instructions. I checked with interviewer if my approach is correct or if DS correct, he said all good, from what I can say he was pretty impressed with the speed that I was able to solve it.
    I checked to see if they can provide feedback from the recruiter they said they have policy to not share the feedback. I can't do anything but definitely never interview them again.

Interview Questions

• Write an Iterator class with list of items given, follow up write flatten iterator class that takes list of iterator that I wrote and print it in an order.   Answer Question