WeWork Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at WeWork

2.7

Senior HR Business Partner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Salt Lake City, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork (Salt Lake City, UT).

Interview

Applied and was contacted the same day to set up a phone interview for later in the week. The recruiter used an online booking system where I could select a time that works best for myself. The day of the phone call arrived and I did not receive a phone call at the time I selected. I got an email from the recruiter about an hour after the scheduled time saying he was very busy and asked if he could call in an hour. I had other obligations the rest of the afternoon and asked about the following Monday instead. Never heard back from the recruiter on another interview time. I felt it was very unprofessional to be so busy that you can't respect someone's time for a 20 minute phone call or bother to follow up on setting up another time.

Software Developer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeWork in January 2018. I the experience was overall very easy and positive. Asked about salary requirement range.

Interview Questions

• What attracted me to WeWork? How did I find out about the role?   Answer Question

Software Engineering Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork.

Interview

They basically wasted my time, would never ever apply in this company, First I did technical phone round, was super easy but the interviewer was on his phone during entire interview process. Then I had on site which went very well, then HR did not get back to be for weeks, then had another technical round and then finally they gave me a feedback.

Executive Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY).

Interview

Didn't hear from my application for around two months and then received a phone interview. Things were going well, had me then come in to meet the team, etc. (which some were great, some were clearly looking to add to "culture" they were aiming to create aka judgmental), then had another follow-up for said position. They decided to hire internally, which was frustrating but the recruiter offered me another position to interview for. Went through the process again for it to only happen again. Had me go through the process three times, and dared to offer a fourth position, at which time I declined and said that I did not want to be considered anymore. The interview process was not respected by these employees, especially at one where they had me wait an hour and rearrange the schedule given to me initially. For the in-persons, they have you come in for around 3-4 hours, so you will need to take time off work, so to have them bounce you around positions knowing they will just hire the internal position is unprofessional. It was not worth giving them any more opportunities anymore.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WeWork in April 2019.

Interview

The phone screen is pretty standard. The recruiter gave me a coderpad link, and url to join ZOOM. So a camera is needed for the phone screen.

Now comes the worst part. The guy (from Seattle office) who was supposed to interview me hopped on the call about 10 minites late. And then he started talking about he was on a meeting and blah blah blah and then gave me a brief introduction to the company. And we jumped to the coderpad coding challenge. While I was working on the problem, it seemed that he was chatting with someone. I could literally see him smiling and typing during the whole process. And the message notification kept going on his computer. I was so upset.

All I can say is that the guy was so unprofessional, and I now think I should have read the reviews before I applied. Those reviews are really helpful in terms of their culture and how they treat people. So true.

Interview Questions

• Given a string and a list contains certain characters, find the shortest substring containing all the characters in the list.   Answer Question

Community Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2019.

Interview

The first interview was online. It was through a program where you were given questions, had a minute to prepare, and then a minute and a half to answer. The second round was a video call with a manager.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Seattle, WA) in April 2019.

Interview

I interviewed with several folks from WeWork in Seattle. The first two interviews were via video conference. I then met the team in person, and had one more video interview. The process was smooth and educational. The interview questions became a bit repetitive, but the discussions were informative and gave me a great foundation for my first day of work. Overall, it was a very positive experience.

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Seattle, WA) in April 2019.

Interview

It was a good experience. The HR rep kept me in the loop at all times and called to wish me luck before my in person interviews and was prompt on getting back to me with feedback.

Anonymous Employee in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WeWork (Miami, FL) in April 2019.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews- on the phone, video interview, and in person. Sometimes HR would take a little while to respond but they always did. Interviews started on time.

Interview Questions

• What is your super power? Why wework? What does community mean to you? How would you make sure you don't get bored?   Answer Question

Community Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at WeWork (Seattle, WA) in April 2019.

Interview

Really positive experience - quick response and good follow up. My recruiter was attentive and responsive. While some of the questions were repetitive, I feel as though I had a concrete understanding of the role and its expectations.

Interview Questions

• Mostly asked about leadership style and performance management   Answer Question