Cover image for WeWork

Engaged Employer

Add an Interview

WeWork Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Feb 10, 2022

To filter interviews, or .
Found 12 of over 984 interviews

Other25%
3.4
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WeWork (Tel Aviv-Yafo)

Interview

i applied threw a friend and got a call to come on site interview. i had 3 rounds. 1.5 hour interview with 2 interviewers, very nice people. 1.5 hour interview with 2 interviewers, one interviewer had a disgusting attitude, every five minutes she went out and it was design system interview that we should have discussions on ?!?!?!?! I gave a nice solution but felt like they wanted it only in their way - no other option , not professional at all!! i was sure i didn't pass it but surprisely got a call to come for the third interview. 3 hours on site with the dedicated team lead, hr and CTO. I felt this 3 hours was very successful and thought it's going to be mine. few days later the hr call me and say that i didn't get the job - i was asking for an explanation because i spend so much time on site, she refused. after checking with my friend i got to know that i didn't pass the second interview but they still call me for 3 hours to waist my time. very bad experience.

Interview Questions
  • 1. design a twitter 2. design checkout system for a store with products and coupons . 3. marge given intervals .
    1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in Aug 2019

Interview

Initial internal recruiter phone call for about 20 minutes. Standard confirming of experience. Describe your recent background. Recruiter describes company, how teams are split up, etc. Describes the interview process, and that a technical phone screen is next, followed by potential onsite consisting of 4-6 ppl. Nothing unusual. Technical phone screen was with an engineer and shared coding tool online. Engineer first asked about experience, and after speaking about it in detail for about a minute, he had absolutely no follow up remarks besides "ok". Now let's jump into code. Which is my pet peeve for annoying interviews that care nothing about the candidate or experience or any human aspect and only about solving the upcoming problem in a certain way. Problem itself was not super complicated. A very specific set of requirements of the algorithm was predefined, and you're given a blank slate to implement it. He mentioned a 30 minute time limit and to talk as you do. It could probably be coded in 15 if you're efficient. The real trouble I had was working in the online coding tool, which was not a native IDE normally used to write code. Sort of expected for "white boarding", but no code-completion, code tips, etc is harder to freehand than I remember. The code needed to compile and run, so I often found myself testing syntax a lot that would have taken seconds to write in the normal IDE. The interviewer said almost nothing for 30 minutes, a few words here or there, but no discussion. Overall I got about 98% of the way to completing the question, but got stuck on a simple function I couldn't get to work in this online coding tool to tie it together and print the solution. It would have been trivial in the IDE, but for some reason kept getting errors in the tool. I would have expected the interviewer to just offer a tip to get around it, but the interview ultimately was about getting an optimal solution with no tips in the allotted time, using this annoying code tool. Time ended, I told him the trivial step it would take to finish, and that was it. Perhaps they needed that perfect working solution without exception. Perhaps I got hung up on solving the problem in the obvious manner that I missed some optimal shortcut I was supposed to find to actually pass this challenge. Generic email arrived 2 days later thanking me, but passing on next steps.

Interview Questions
  • Implement credit card validation algorithm with the steps clearly described.
Be the first to find this interview helpful

What people are saying about WeWork

Join the conversation on

The Work-Life Bowl

1y

a

Product Manager

WSJ: WeWork CEO says employees who are least engaged are the ones who want to WFH, while those who are most engaged are the ones excited to come back to the office. WTF is this boomer BS? Jesus, hire adults who don't need to suck up to you at the water cooler in order to like their job. Can we please push back against this narrative? Many of us have worked very very hard this past year, with great productivity, and this is what we get to hear? 😡

2,951

243 Comments

Real Estate

1.2K Members

Ask candid career questions

-1 - https://www.fishbowlapp.com/bowl/real-estate-5/posts?cf=gd&utm_medium=Glassdoor&utm_source=glassdoor.com&utm_campaign=Interviews&utm_content=Employer-content-integrated-Interviews&utm_term=WeWork~661275
Join the conversation on

Got a burning question about WeWork? Just ask!

On Fishbowl, you can share insights and advice anonymously with WeWork employees and get real answers from people on the inside.

What's Fishbowl
Ask a Question

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in Aug 2019

Interview

5 Interviews with 3 technical related to iOS in my case, 1 team culture and personal goals to see the culture feat and 1 architecture asking you to design and architecture an app..

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (San Francisco, CA) in Jul 2019

Interview

The recruiter contacted me and 2 weeks later had a call with the recruiter. After the call she said she would be checking my profile with the hiring manager. Then did not hear back for another 4 weeks. Then they emailed me saying they would like to have a technical phone round. During the phone screen the first 25 minutes the interviewer asked me by work background and the projects that I'm working on. Then I got this stupid long 'Tag validator' problem. This is not a tough program to write, but is time consuming and lengthy. It really does not test your intelligence. I did manage to write few things, but the interviewer was expecting me to have a runnable code. The interviewer seemed very un professional as I could hear her busy typing and when I was talking through what I was coding up she would not acknowledge to what I was saying. Never hinting if I was doing it the right way or not. I felt she was completely dis engaged. Never interviewing with such a company anymore.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in Jul 2019

Interview

4 steps: 1. An introductory conversation with the recruiter that covered some technical experience. 2. A technical phone screen. 3. A take-home coding challenge. 4. On-site for six hours of behavioral and technical questions. I made it to the on-site. Throughout the process, the recruiter was unprofessional about simple communication. She was very slow to respond to questions and follow-ups. She forgot to deliver a document called "Technology On-Site Prep" until late in the night just before the on-site. I received it 2 hours before heading in, read it on the train, and bombed accordingly. She actually wrote in the email that she wasn't sure if I had gotten the prep doc, which begs the question: when was that supposed to happen? The document stressed a bunch of vague values, so I figured I would ask some questions about how those values played out in the day-to-day experience of the employees. The answers I got ranged from "they don't," to "that's just marketing." Surreal. Yikes.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

WeWork

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at WeWork

Interview

I applied online and was very promptly contacted by the recruiter. After the recruiter phone screen, I had a video interview with an engineer on the team I'm interviewing for. The interview was mainly technical. The turn around time after the initial technical screen was extremely fast and efficient (same day). Then I went onsite. My location was NYC, where WeWork originated. I had 5 rounds, with a mixture of algorithms, machine learning, system design, behavioral and lunch. The interviews were well coordinated and the questions were of high quality. The questions were well-considered, balanced, and thorough. I enjoyed meeting everyone on the team. They were genuine, smart, and passionate about their work. I came out of the interview feeling very exhilarated. The feedback and verbal offer were done in about two days; again, very fast and efficient. During the offer stage, the recruiter kept me updated constantly, and was very communicative and patient. And my would-be manager met with me to discuss the projects and initiatives in detail. I got the sense that a lot of meaningful work could be done. My would-be manager, the recruiter, and I worked together to improve my offer. In addition, my interviewers (would-be teammates) sent me very nice messages and made me feel very welcomed. In all, this was a five-star interview experience end to end.

2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 week. I interviewed at WeWork (New York, NY) in Jun 2019

Interview

Easy to setup and process was moving quickly. Recruiter gave a good overview of the company. Setup the phone screen. The interviewer was helpful throughout the process as well.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Francisco, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WeWork (San Francisco, CA)

Interview

I had a phone screen with one of the guy, interview went really well. I had answered all the questions and finished the interview in 35mins. Interviewer asked me about what team will you come onsite for, basically he gave me options for onsite. Interview questions were reasonable, interviewer who took the interview was good, but for some reason I got a rejection. The reason I am baffled is because this is the first time I felt like I aced it. It was coderpad question, I had to execute all the test cases and everything worked as per instructions. I checked with interviewer if my approach is correct or if DS correct, he said all good, from what I can say he was pretty impressed with the speed that I was able to solve it. I checked to see if they can provide feedback from the recruiter they said they have policy to not share the feedback. I can't do anything but definitely never interview them again.

Interview Questions
  • Write an Iterator class with list of items given, follow up write flatten iterator class that takes list of iterator that I wrote and print it in an order.

WeWork

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at WeWork in Apr 2019

Interview

The phone screen is pretty standard. The recruiter gave me a coderpad link, and url to join ZOOM. So a camera is needed for the phone screen. Now comes the worst part. The guy (from Seattle office) who was supposed to interview me hopped on the call about 10 minites late. And then he started talking about he was on a meeting and blah blah blah and then gave me a brief introduction to the company. And we jumped to the coderpad coding challenge. While I was working on the problem, it seemed that he was chatting with someone. I could literally see him smiling and typing during the whole process. And the message notification kept going on his computer. I was so upset. All I can say is that the guy was so unprofessional, and I now think I should have read the reviews before I applied. Those reviews are really helpful in terms of their culture and how they treat people. So true.

Interview Questions
  • Given a string and a list contains certain characters, find the shortest substring containing all the characters in the list.
2 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tel Aviv-Yafo

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WeWork (Tel Aviv-Yafo) in Dec 2018

Interview

First interview was 1 hour of architecture question and partial coding of the solution. Second interview was 1 hour of another architecture question. The interviews included background about the interviewer, the company and the candidate's background and knowledge.

Interview Questions
  • Build a supermarket system which can apply any kind of coupon
Viewing 1 - 10 of 12 Interviews