Weather Channel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.8

Sort:

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Four round 1 hour interview with four different teams. A lot of question from both programming and weather related application. Not so many follow-up questions but have to meet from SVP to scientists. Heavy pressure becasue need to explain so many topics not about programming

Interview Questions

• C++ smart pointer. Class. Concurrent programming concept like false sharing, vectorization   Answer Question

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Weather Channel (New York, NY).

Interview

Very disappointed in the unprofessional and deceptive ending to the interview process. I am currently working full-time and Weather Channel reached out to me (via recruiter) to poach me from my current job. I took time out from my workday for multiple phone interviews and an in-person interview. I was given high praise during all steps in the process, especially the in-person interview. I was even told, point-blank and totally unprompted, that I would absolutely be hearing back from them *very* soon. As any interviewee knows, this is just about the most positive thing that a candidate can hear at the end of an in-person meeting, especially unprompted. I sent well-crafted thank-you emails to all involved and eagerly awaiting word.

Several weeks went by without a peep. I had to finally assume that, of course, I didn't get the position. I was deeply and needlessly misled and apparently couldn't even be given a courtesy notification that I had been declined. It bears repeating that I was approached by them for this job, but I accommodated their needs and timing every step of the way as if I was unemployed and desperate. I would never want to work for an organization that treats candidates in this way, it shows lack of professionalism and respect at best and lack of moral fiber at worst.

Campaign Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

The interview was a waste of time. If you are qualified for the position but do not fit into their culture you will not be considered.

Campaign Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Weather Channel.

Interview

Had several calls, which finally lead to a face to face interview. The interview was your standard run of the mill intro level questionnaire the hiring person was just readying of a piece of paper. After my one time that I came in I waited a month to hear back, later finding that is at least standard practice. Finally, the phone rang and I was asking if I wanted the job.

Media Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weather Channel (New York, NY) in August 2013.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the HR Director out of Atlanta and then met with 4 people in the NYC office. I was informed by HR to research the company and read up on the four people I would interview with. Since the position was with a newly created department there wasn't that much information out there. I reviewed their linked-in profiles and read up on the 6-7 articles written about the tool that The Weather Channel was to created. 3 out of the 4 people I met with, the interview went well. They asked my background and explained the position with more detail. One of the interviews was with this woman Amanda. She asked the most absurd questions Ive ever experienced. She even told me that the only reason why she landed this position was because the person who just got hired to be the director of the department use to work with her at another marketing firm. They both left and she ended up at JP Morgan and hated it. She even told me she wasn't really into weather and didn't understand the obsession with it.

Interview Questions

• Besides the four people you are interviewing with and the head of the department, name someone else in this department who you would like to work with.   1 Answer
    • Who are our biggest competitors?   1 Answer

Marketing Specialist Interview

Interview

The interview process was painless and the HR staff communicated quickly and efficiently.

3D Multimedia Designer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Atlanta, GA) in February 2007.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was very quick and very easy. Honestly, it seemed to be the best interview I've ever had. All the parties that were to have a decision in hiring me were in on the very first group/panel interview. It seemed streamlined and well thought out. Information was given to me to help me make a good decision about working there too. Everything was out on the table and there were no head games. It was fantastic!

Negotiation

The negotiation phase was pretty good. There wasn't much latitude either way but the initial offer was quite fair to begin with.

Account Executive Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weather Channel (New York, NY) in October 2010.

Interview

Started with phone interview with in-house recruiter. Moved along to a series of interviews with director, VP and SVP. This is clearly a knowledgeable and motivated crowd and that's what got me excited. I made a mock presentation - nervous as a cat - but made it through. Got the offer and was pleased with the comp plan. Who wouldn't want more but I'm doing well compared to peers I have worked with previously.

Interview Questions

• Describe in detail a recent sale. Include prospecting, initial contact, identification of decision-maker and gate-keppers, identifying nneds/barriers, overcoming objections, brainstorming of solutions, resource allocation, presentation and close.   1 Answer

Interview

Very quick, clear, streamlined process. Team lead called me and had a phone interview. At the end of it, he invited me for an interview with him, and his boss. The interview took about 1.5 hours total, The two of them asked me technical questions growing in difficulty in several categories, until then either they did not know what else to ask or I did not know what else to say. After they showed me around, showed the labs and the TV Studio downstairs. I had lunch meeting with another team lead there, and after they made me an offer. I've been working there for 7+ years.

Interview Questions

• They asked a data modeling question for a system they were currently working on and were stuck.   Answer Question

Negotiation

have to negotiate, but the offers are generally pretty good to start with, so there is not a lot of room.

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Weather Channel.

Interview

Technical phone screen - an appropriate time was scheduled. the team called me and 3 people interviewed me. It was a technical screening interview which was detailed and in depth.

Technical In person interview - It was a formal interview where we get an tour of the facility and have a technical session where team discusses the work that is done and what would be the role if selected