Weather Channel Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weather Channel Interview Questions

Updated Aug 18, 2017

2.8

Product Manager Interview

Interview

Interviewed about a year ago. Phone interview first then had face to face intetview. Pretty straightforward interview process. Would be a great company to work for. Lots of growth potential. Also has good technology.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Atlanta, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

Four round 1 hour interview with four different teams. A lot of question from both programming and weather related application. Not so many follow-up questions but have to meet from SVP to scientists. Heavy pressure becasue need to explain so many topics not about programming

Interview Questions

• C++ smart pointer. Class. Concurrent programming concept like false sharing, vectorization   Answer Question

Senior Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I had a phone screening that covered basic concepts, then I was given a coding challenge that incorporated some new technologies, and then I was brought in for an in-person interview with the teams that I would be working with. I wasn't quite qualified for the position...We were both kind of stretching. They found a guy who knew their stack well and I didn't get an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is bubbling? How would I create a function that would accept an event triggered by an element's children. What is recursion? How would I solved a problem with recursion.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weather Channel (New York, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online (IBM website) and immediately got an email from a contract recruiter. There were several questions about my background and skills. I returned it quickly and she called and told me she would pass it to the hiring manager and "with your skills there should be no problem getting an interview" and she expected to hear back within 24-48 hours. After a week I emailed to check, but no answer. Which is pretty common, based on the feedback here. I'm glad I didn't put any more time into preparing for an interview.

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Weather Channel (New York, NY).

Interview

Very disappointed in the unprofessional and deceptive ending to the interview process. I am currently working full-time and Weather Channel reached out to me (via recruiter) to poach me from my current job. I took time out from my workday for multiple phone interviews and an in-person interview. I was given high praise during all steps in the process, especially the in-person interview. I was even told, point-blank and totally unprompted, that I would absolutely be hearing back from them *very* soon. As any interviewee knows, this is just about the most positive thing that a candidate can hear at the end of an in-person meeting, especially unprompted. I sent well-crafted thank-you emails to all involved and eagerly awaiting word.

Several weeks went by without a peep. I had to finally assume that, of course, I didn't get the position. I was deeply and needlessly misled and apparently couldn't even be given a courtesy notification that I had been declined. It bears repeating that I was approached by them for this job, but I accommodated their needs and timing every step of the way as if I was unemployed and desperate. I would never want to work for an organization that treats candidates in this way, it shows lack of professionalism and respect at best and lack of moral fiber at worst.

Project Coordinator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weather Channel (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

Phone screen with a recruiter, on site with the team lead and then on-site with two more product owners. The scheduling was a disaster. They seem to be in disarray and desperately need more people on staff. Early on in the interview process I knew this wasn't for me because the lack of organization - it's mentioned in almost every review.

Interview Questions

• Focused on resume questions mainly along with the usual, why this position, where do you see your career going, why do you find yourself a fit   Answer Question

Android Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online and after a month received a call with a brief phone screen, and quickly setup an appointment for an in-person interview that week. Everyone was friendly and cordial. I was shown a sample of a project and asked to explain code line by line. Overall it went really well and I was told that they had a good feeling about me and to expect to hear back later.

Never heard back from them, but I suppose that's just the nature of the game.

Interview Questions

• What is the difference between static import and regular imports in Java?   1 Answer

Producer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Met with the three managers and they asked a series of questions about my past and why here. They were very nice and easy to talk to. Wanted to make sure I had a passion for weather.

Devops Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Weather Channel (Atlanta, GA) in April 2016.

Interview

First was a phone interview asking about past experience, and tools I have used. After the phone interview, they sent me a skills test which was based around some of the tools they use. They wanted to see if you knew how to use them. Test was not that hard to complete. After that had a onsite interview with the group going over questions about how to solve DevOps related issues. Multiple people in the room asking different questions.

Interview Questions

• Past experience, Tools I have used. Questions on how to solve problems, whiteboard session.   Answer Question

Insights Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weather Channel (New York, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied from Linkedin and received the initial phone screen a month later. After a brief education and working background check, I was invited to the on-site interview a week later. All the team members are warm and friendly, I presented my projects to a VP and a director. After one week, I was selected to participate the second round on-site interview, which includes a Python data processing test, an ad-hoc data analysis project and a presentation. The whole process was intense but really interesting.

Interview Questions

• Apply Python, Excel, Tableau to make an ad-hoc movie data analysis.   Answer Question
    • How do you present your analysis result to whom without an in-depth statistical knowledge?   Answer Question