Weatherford Field Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weatherford Field Engineer Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2017

2.9

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Weatherford (Odessa, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Short.... Made me wait almost 2 hours after my interview time. Sat me down with one of the managers. He asked me questions then another manager came asked me questions. Everything was fairly easy.

Other Interview Reviews for Weatherford

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview

Met at a College Career Fair and submitted my resume. There was phone screening about two weeks later and heard nothing from the recruiters for about a month. Then I received an email discussing my selection for a person-to-person interview with Managers and Associated Management at the District Office. Following the meeting I was hired and a drug test was set up. I started a month after this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; Give an example of an ethical dilemna; What are your strengths and weaknesses; Tell of an experience where you utilized safety and exercised Stop Work Authority; Where do you see yourself in the future?   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weatherford in September 2014.

Interview

Career Fair.
    It was an one on one interview. They said that they would interview for 2 sessions of 20 minutes each. One session by Drilling Optimization Specialist and the other by an MWD operations supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you had to face in your research   1 Answer

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

two very easy interview

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was casual and easy going. It consisted of very basic questions about ones self. The interview was more of a meet and greet than a typical interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weatherford (Odessa, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Had just one personal interview in which I gave details of my education background, projects carried out & previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• Which would you care more for, safety or production output ?   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation done.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

It seems that Weatherford is a bit slow to hire and their systems are not all that great, but it was very low key and low stress. Field Engineers in the oilfield are pretty used and abused, so the requirements to get in are generally low. They expect someone that can deal with stress fairly well, and be able to make judgement calls often without having to call management too much. Also, if you can deal with little to no sleep, that helps.

Interview Questions

• What types of tools have you run before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much as far as negotiation. At the time, I was presented with a monthly income value that they gave Field Engineers at my level.

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at Weatherford (Abu Dhabi (United Arab Emirates)) in May 2017.

Interview

The interview was easy with behavior questions and a little bit of technical, they are very positive ppl and try to make you comfortable with them.
    And yeah I put that I didn't get an offer yet

Interview Questions

• Talk about your self?
      Where do you see yourself in 5 years
      Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dhahran (Saudi Arabia)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford (Dhahran (Saudi Arabia)) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied at university career fair, then invited to an assessment day along with 29 other fresh graduates. We had a few activities then did group presentations at the end. Candidate evaluation depended on everything from the introduction to the chitchat during lunch to group work and leadership capabilities. It did not even include a one on one interview.

There was an exam afterwards, though, but only those who got offers from Wireline Services had to do it. It was fairly easy and constituted of math and physics questions.

Interview Questions

• Why is it preferable to drill horizontally when it's far more expensive?   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Luanda, Luanda (Angola)

Application

I interviewed at Weatherford (Luanda, Luanda (Angola)) in November 2014.

Interview

I was contacted by HR. Interview was with one of the manager from Weatherford International In Luanda, Angola. Interview was In English language and it was a very good experience for me...Right now I'm waiting to hear something on their side, the last that I called them (HR) they said me to wait their phone call or message.