Weatherford Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weatherford Interview Questions

Updated Jan 26, 2017

2.8

Logistics Administrator Interview

Interview

Went thru staffing agency. After my resume was send to hiring manager interview was scheduled within 3 days. Manager was very calm and professional. We talked in the office, questions were related to the software experience, management of inventory, customer service and vendor relationships.

Marketing Department Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an internal recruiter for a role (with 2 reports) at Weatherford.

The interviewer began the interview discussing how he enjoys partying, comes to work drunk and drinks alcohol at work....He repeatedly cut me off when I tried to discuss my capabilities...

Interview Questions

• At the end he asked me "What are you doing this weekend?" ..Maybe we could have coffee next weekend?"   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was great,even though I was not chosen for the position. The Human Resources manager was very easy going and straight forward, which is how I feel every interview should be. Im usually always nervous while interviewing but she was so relaxed and easy going the vibe she gave off calmed me

Interview Questions

• What about the job posting attracted you to this position?   Answer Question

Rigger Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Broussard, LA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weatherford (Broussard, LA) in January 2016.

Interview

Brief but informative on the company policies and benefits. Beneficial information about the services the company provides and the process of employment along with advancement opportunities during slow work times

Global Program Manager, Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Will never work for them. I was disqualified by the Global Director of HR Strategy and Execution because I gave her my letters of recommendation, and she told the recruiter she didn't like how I gave them when she didn't ask for them. Her team had no real industry people including herself.

Interview Questions

• Describe your workforce planning experience internationally.   Answer Question

Executive Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Met at a neutral site, had met before. Reviewed state of the oil industry. This was the second interview for the same position. Unfortunately, no feedback from Weatherford was received. Neither, good, bad, nor indifferent. There has been no close out to this interview. I would like some feedback for closure to the process.

Interview Questions

• Available? Interested? How to manage a business with $50 USD oil.   Answer Question

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiting coordinator, less than a week after submitting my job application, asking to schedule an in person interview. For the first 30 minutes, the two people interviewing me explained the program. They were really friendly, and sold a positive view of Weatherford. The interview then moved to standard questions concerning my resume and experience. Be ready show some basic knowledge of the completions process, and explain why you want to be a field engineer. Also be ready to answer a lot of behavioral questions, such as how to handle situations when team members will not complete a task, or how to handle yourself among the roughnecks at a drill rig. The interview ended up lasting over 2.5 hours after I was done asking questions. Unfortunately, I received an email two weeks after the interview notifying me that they determined to go with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Weatherford will probably give a short "quiz" after to interview. And by that I mean a drawing of a section of horizontal drill pipe at depth. The interviewers will leave the room for five minutes and when they return, you must explain the problem. No math is necessary, but pay attention to detail of the drawing and you will be able to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Global Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was a two day process that involved a facility tour and activity at the end of day one; and an activity (interview panels, testing, and other assessments) filled second day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make or take a difficult decision or action, and how did you successfully accomplished this goal, task or decision?   1 Answer

Wellsite Geoscience Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford (North Houston, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied on September 22, 2014 and got a call to come in for interview on October 13, 2014. The Interview was scheduled the next day (October 14, 2014) that is 3 weeks after my application.
    My interviewer started by telling about himself and the department I will be working in if hired. Then he went on to describe the job responsibility to me and made clear that it is an entry position even though I have almost 4 years experience working in the upstream industry. However, he explained that I would have the opportunity to move up the ladder if made an offer and I accept. The interview was conservation like. I really enjoyed the interview. It was best interview in terms how it went and how comfortable he made me feel during the whole process. It was by far my best experience during an interview and I have done quite a lot of them.
    1. He asked me to tell him about my experience and what I have done before now.
    2. He asked if I have any question for him to which I responded by asking a question and he answered honestly and diligently.
    3. He asked me to tell him my greatest strength as a Geologist, and then followed that with asking that I tell him my greatest weakness also.
    4. What made you think that you are equal to the task involved in this job (Wellsite Geoscience Specialist Position)?
    5. He asked if I have PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) used on the rigs.
    6. What project have you done or been part of that prepares you with the skills needed to succeed in this role?
    7. He told me that the job involves 60% lab/office work and 40% Wellsite work, which he said is the worst case scenario, that in fact, it is more like 70% lab/office work and 30 Wellsite assignment.
    8. Why do you want to leave your current job for this one?
    9. Then he asked me if I have any further question.
    10. He told me to expect a call 3 weeks out for the outcome of the interview, then escorted me to the reception area and told me to wait for him to get his business card for me.
    11. The interview lasted for about 35 minutes
    12. After 23 days I called and they told me that the position has been filled. I was disappointed that they did not email to tell me about the outcome of the interview until I felt tired of waiting and gave them a call.

Interview Questions

• I would not say there were unexpected or difficult questions. The questions were in line with what I expected and the interviewer made me feel relaxed.   Answer Question

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weatherford in September 2014.

Interview

Career Fair.
    It was an one on one interview. They said that they would interview for 2 sessions of 20 minutes each. One session by Drilling Optimization Specialist and the other by an MWD operations supervisor.

Interview Questions

• What is the biggest challenge you had to face in your research   1 Answer