Weatherford Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 4, 2017

2.5

Global Program Manager, Talent Acquisition Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in April 2015.

Interview

Will never work for them. I was disqualified by the Global Director of HR Strategy and Execution because I gave her my letters of recommendation, and she told the recruiter she didn't like how I gave them when she didn't ask for them. Her team had no real industry people including herself.

Interview Questions

• Describe your workforce planning experience internationally.   Answer Question

Executive Level Position Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in February 2015.

Interview

Met at a neutral site, had met before. Reviewed state of the oil industry. This was the second interview for the same position. Unfortunately, no feedback from Weatherford was received. Neither, good, bad, nor indifferent. There has been no close out to this interview. I would like some feedback for closure to the process.

Interview Questions

• Available? Interested? How to manage a business with $50 USD oil.   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX).

Interview

I applied on weatherford web page, after 2 weeks the recruiter called me and asked some questions related to my resume. After 2 weeks she called me back with an scheduled interview, in 1 week I had the interview and next day I had an offer

Interview Questions

• Basically they asked about my experience   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation

Shared Services Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in January 2015.

Interview

Short, Precise and to the point. Very professional and this was an internal promotion. I had worked towards this position for over a year. Very happy with the outcome until the facility was closed 2 months later and I was laid off. Would definitely work for Weatherford again and have applied for more jobs within the company since, however, nothing has worked out as of yet.

Interview Questions

• Where do i see myself in 10 years.   1 Answer

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview

I received a phone call from a recruiting coordinator, less than a week after submitting my job application, asking to schedule an in person interview. For the first 30 minutes, the two people interviewing me explained the program. They were really friendly, and sold a positive view of Weatherford. The interview then moved to standard questions concerning my resume and experience. Be ready show some basic knowledge of the completions process, and explain why you want to be a field engineer. Also be ready to answer a lot of behavioral questions, such as how to handle situations when team members will not complete a task, or how to handle yourself among the roughnecks at a drill rig. The interview ended up lasting over 2.5 hours after I was done asking questions. Unfortunately, I received an email two weeks after the interview notifying me that they determined to go with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Weatherford will probably give a short "quiz" after to interview. And by that I mean a drawing of a section of horizontal drill pipe at depth. The interviewers will leave the room for five minutes and when they return, you must explain the problem. No math is necessary, but pay attention to detail of the drawing and you will be able to solve the problem.   Answer Question

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview

Applied online, received a call for interview within a week. Had an in person interview with two managers that lasted around 3 hours. After interview I was told what the next step in the process would be and I was given a tour of the facility.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral questions. They presented several work scenarios and asked how I would respond to them. Did not ask much about academic background, in fact they made it a point to let me know that they weren't going to ask about my grades. I was asked about things that were on my resume, like projects, volunteer work and internships. Only question that threw me off was when they asked me why I chose to go to the school I went to.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation about salary during interview, received an offer a week after interview with salary and benefits information.

Accountant Interview

Interview

Interview was challenging and I enjoyed it. The challenge allowed me to show my strengths and what I was capable of. Hiring process was similar to other company's procedures.

Interview Questions

• What have you done in your previous position and how does that relate to this role?   Answer Question

Design Engineer Interview

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview

Got the first interview via University recruiting. Interviewed with a recruiter who asked typical interview-type questions.

Got an email about a week or two later inviting me for an on-site interview in Houston. Flew out there with a few other people from my school. We each interviewed with 4 different engineering managers, about 30 minutes each. They all pretty much had me talk about my resume and they also wanted to know what my interests/hobbies were. Then they fed us lunch and then they took us on a tour of the facility. Flew back that evening.

Received an email about 2 weeks after that with an offer.

Overall the process wasn't bad. Everyone I met in the office that day was very friendly and welcoming. Definitely seem like a good group of people to work with.

Interview Questions

• Which classes do you enjoy the most? Least?   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford in November 2014.

Interview

Weatherford treated me like royalty. Great experience overall. Two people who ran the program interviewed me, nice guys. Questions asked were mostly based on what I've done via my resume...a couple of tougher questions were asked. If you have taken machine design or statics and dynamics it won't be difficult to answer the technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Questions were related to proprietary weatherford downhole completions tools.   Answer Question

Negotiation

For this program, they have a set rate I assume at which the salary is set. I didn't negotiate.

Global Supply Chain Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in November 2014.

Interview

The interview was a two day process that involved a facility tour and activity at the end of day one; and an activity (interview panels, testing, and other assessments) filled second day.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to make or take a difficult decision or action, and how did you successfully accomplished this goal, task or decision?   1 Answer