Weatherford Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Weatherford

2.5

Sort:

Field Engineer Interview

Interview

two very easy interview

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weatherford (Odessa, TX) in March 2012.

Interview

Had just one personal interview in which I gave details of my education background, projects carried out & previous job experience.

Interview Questions

• Which would you care more for, safety or production output ?   2 Answers

Negotiation

No negotiation done.

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford (Oklahoma City, OK) in November 2013.

Interview

The interview was casual and easy going. It consisted of very basic questions about ones self. The interview was more of a meet and greet than a typical interview process.

Anonymous Employee in Bakersfield, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford (Bakersfield, CA) in October 2011.

Interview

It seems that Weatherford is a bit slow to hire and their systems are not all that great, but it was very low key and low stress. Field Engineers in the oilfield are pretty used and abused, so the requirements to get in are generally low. They expect someone that can deal with stress fairly well, and be able to make judgement calls often without having to call management too much. Also, if you can deal with little to no sleep, that helps.

Interview Questions

• What types of tools have you run before?   1 Answer

Negotiation

There was not much as far as negotiation. At the time, I was presented with a monthly income value that they gave Field Engineers at my level.

Field Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview

Met at a College Career Fair and submitted my resume. There was phone screening about two weeks later and heard nothing from the recruiters for about a month. Then I received an email discussing my selection for a person-to-person interview with Managers and Associated Management at the District Office. Following the meeting I was hired and a drug test was set up. I started a month after this interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about yourself; Give an example of an ethical dilemna; What are your strengths and weaknesses; Tell of an experience where you utilized safety and exercised Stop Work Authority; Where do you see yourself in the future?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Odessa, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Weatherford (Odessa, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

Short.... Made me wait almost 2 hours after my interview time. Sat me down with one of the managers. He asked me questions then another manager came asked me questions. Everything was fairly easy.

Quality Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in August 2014.

Interview

The process took too long. They had me come over to the corporate offices three times to interview with one person each time, these could have been done in one session. Wasted my time. The interviwers had no clue on how to conduct an effective interview. All three of them spent 50 min talking about their background and the company in a 60 min interview. After 3 weeks I haven't heard back from them. I consider this as lack of courtesy and professionalism.

Interview Questions

• Can you talk about your work experience? Oh by the way we have 10 min left.   1 Answer

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Weatherford.

Interview

I received a "cold call" from a recruiter regarding the position. I had a phone interview on a Wednesday. The phone interview went well, so they scheduled me for an on-site interview two days later, on Friday. The actual interview process was quick and painless - it lasted about two hours. It consisted of a sit-down interview with two individuals, each in their own office. There was a perfunctory review of my resume; most of the time was taken up with general questions about my background, project management skills, accomplishments, etc., until I turned the conversation to the company and specific HR issues. Each interview chat concluded with a smile and a handshake and a definite feeling that the decision was already made in my favor. No indication that any other candidates were even in consideration. I received a call on Monday morning from the recruiter offering me the job.

Overall, the interview and hiring process were very well organized and it was a good experience. The recruiter and HR Generalist were extremely helpful and attentive.

Interview Questions

• The interview was behavioral based. There were no off-the-wall or "gotcha" technical questions.   Answer Question

Human Resources Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The interview was great,even though I was not chosen for the position. The Human Resources manager was very easy going and straight forward, which is how I feel every interview should be. Im usually always nervous while interviewing but she was so relaxed and easy going the vibe she gave off calmed me

Interview Questions

• What about the job posting attracted you to this position?   Answer Question

Human Resources Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Weatherford (Houston, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Previously had a phone interview with a recruiter and was then invited to visit location with the hiring managers. Spent 1/2 day interviewing and was told that there was another candidate also interviewing and that a decision would be made by the end of the week. I let a week pass and then e-mailed the recruiter on the status. No reply. The next week I called the recruiter and left a message on the status and got no reply. I'm a big girl and can handle rejection. Still after two weeks it would be nice to get any response yes or no, but it took another e-mail to get a response that another candidate was selected. The recruiting team for Weatherford needs to be a bit more responsive to candidate or they will continue to leave a bad taste in candidates and will share the same fustrations with others.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time that you were unalbe to complete a task on time. What did you do and how was the situation resolved?   Answer Question