Web.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Web.com Interview Questions

Updated Aug 14, 2017

2.5

Interview

Standard phone interview & setup with onsite interview. Sat in on live call to see how top sales person works. Tour of facility people friendly. Was hired on the spot.

Digital Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Web.com (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Worst phone interview ever! Started by the Branch Sales Manager misses our 1st interview, during the 2nd scheduled call I was grilled about being willing/able to make the drive to the office, then had to listen to him bashing a local competitor that I used to build a personal site. then berated for not stated that I needed to make over $100K when Glassdoor salary estimates were $45K for this role.

Interview Questions

• How much do you need to make?   1 Answer
    • Can/will you be able to make the drive to the South Boston office everyday?   1 Answer

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Web.com (Harrisburg, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

The person I was supposed to interview with was unavailable, someone else sat me down and questioned me for about 40 minutes. Questions were generally about the support and sales of web.com products.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to sell (push) products   1 Answer

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

Process began with a phone interview with an internal recruiter. Basic questions about my background. Phone interview was followed up with a phone call with the hiring manager (VP of Marketing). Next, two back to back phone interviews on the same day with team members from different departments. The next day I had an in-person interview with a VP of Sales at the office. I received an offer later that afternoon. The process moved very quickly...roughly a week.

Product Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

The interview was in a small conference room, the lady was nice. However the pay of $13 was not enough for me, especially since I just graduated from college and needed to support myself. I've read some bad reviews about how strict they are when it comes to customer service For example, you can only be on the phone for a certain amount of time. Promotion potential wasn't adequate enough for me either.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Web.com.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager Chris Cline then with his engineers. They will attempt to screen you out. Ensure to ask alot of questions so you can know what you'll be walking into, and that's a company with several sites with only a handful of network engineers and a limited budget.

Interview Questions

• Resume review
      CCNA material
      BGP and various routing protocols   1 Answer

Platform Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially did a phone screen with the VP of the development division. Went over the basics of the role, summation of my skills in relation to the position and the responsibilities of the position. Was invited to a video interview with a panel consisting of several members of upper management and a lonely software engineer. After initial questions of my experience and what I had done, interview questions were basically round-robin, specifically focusing different aspects of each infrastructure area.

The interview process changed from knowledge / skills questions to that of a full-fledged interrogation. Thumbscrews and hot coals would have been more fun. Not one of the questions asked was related to "scripting languages including shell scripts/Perl/php/python/lua etc., knowledge of Linux, Apache/Nginx and SAN/NAS, network and security" in relation to the position description requirements. Questions were focused on the VERY low, run-time level and aspects on how things worked. Be prepared to be demoralized in front of others if they don't like your answers. Take note, when someone either shows that they are falling asleep or actually smiles at you (repeatedly) when you are working on coming up with a sensible answer, take it as a sign they are actually enjoying your discomfort or bored talking to you.

Interview Questions

• 1) Walk us through, in full detail, _ALL_ of the steps of a webpage being displayed at a client's PC using a web browser. Breakdown all of the aspects of the client and what happens server-side. If proxies, load balancers or database platforms are involved, explain their part of the process as well.
      2) Describe, in low-level detail, the DNS name resolution process - client and server-side.
      3) Describe the differences between IMAP and POP3.
      4) What ports and protocols are used for DNS, SMTP, SSL and Web services.
      5) How would you limit the memory being allocated to a process on a Linux server?
      6) Describe how GZIP works for websites, provide the pros and cons of using it.
      7) Scenario: A JBoss / Weblogic app server tied to an external MySQL database server is suffering from application, memory and/or disk related issues. Where would you look first and describe each step on what it is you are looking for.   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Herndon, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Web.com (Herndon, VA) in November 2016.

Interview

the interview process consisted of a phone interview in which i was told that i would move to the next level which would be a phone interview with a manager .
    I was told that since i interviewed on a Wednesday that by the following Tuesday I would be notified when the next interview would be scheduled.
    The next Tuesday cam and went with no contact so the following week i e-mailed the web.com to check up on the status . Then a couple of days later i got an e-mail that said that they moved on to another candidate . The only issue that i saw was that they were still advertising the position in Herndon on the internet

SEO Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I was referred by another employee. That day, I was contacted by HR for an interview. I had one phone interview and then I submitted a writing sample. I waited about a week and then I was contacted by another recruiter and offered the position. Overall, really friendly experience!

Interview Questions

• What process did you go through when creating and scheduling social media content?   Answer Question
    • Give me an example of a business's website and social media. What are they doing right? What can they improve on?   Answer Question

Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I was contacted via phone by a recruiter, a friend of mine worked there and must have referred me. At that point, I asked some general questions to the recruiter. At this time I learned the starting pay for the position and the perks. I scheduled my interview with the recruiter, he gave me address and I arrived. thought directions could have been better, its a big place!

Interview Questions

• How do would you describe yourself?   1 Answer