Web.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Web.com

2.4

Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

I applied online and received a call from a recruiter a few weeks later. After a few phone interviews I was invited on site.

The phone interviews were lame. One was a peer who was not prepared at all. It was a joke. Basically just talked about how much they love living in Jacksonville.

The arrangements for the onsite were handled well and I was well informed. The rest of the onsite was disturbing at best. I can't tell of everything specific to my nightmare there, as I don't want to be identified. But I'll do my best.

I got to the office about 30 minutes early so I didn't want to go in right away. They have a massive building and parking area, but no visitor parking. I had to park in one of the back rows, which wasn't a big deal. It did, however, give me the opportunity to watch an employee (later confirmed as we walked in together) smoke out of a drug pipe in the parking lot. Stay classy man. When i did walk up to the building, I had to walk through a sea of smokers. My lord, I'm convinced that if they have 400 employees there, 370 of them smoke.

The reception lady was a bright spot. She eventually called my first interviewer who came and got me (10 minutes late mind you) and brought me up to a room. We talked for a few minutes with standard questions and then the interviewer left to take care of some personal business. Told me it was priority. Got to catch up on some email for the next 20 minutes.

The next two interviewers were annoying. I sure did get a good idea of what they did and how proud they are of their accomplishments. No one works in a vacuum and it was gross to hear such cocky stories.

I'm not going to share the rest of it, but you get the point. I did not get an offer, but would not have accepted anything. I've never in my life talked to a more arrogant group of people. It had that "cult and not in a good way" feeling.

Marketing Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

I had an outstanding phone interview. Then, I was brought in the following week to interview with two more people within the department. The interview went really well. They invited me back the following week for a third interview with an Executive. That interview went well. I did not hear from them until a week later asking me if I was still interested in the position, what my salary expectations were, and expressed how much they liked me. I confirmed my interest in working for them and they brought me in for the fourth and final interview with another Executive. 10 days went by and I heard that I did not get the job. A full month and a half of interviews, four trips to the office, falsely expressed interest in a candidate - and no offer. This whole experience made me never want to work for them. They clearly don't have all of their ducks in a row.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is the biggest difference between working here and working for a former company?   Answer Question

Web.com Response

Jun 8, 2015 – Manager, recruiting

Good morning! We are so sorry we were not able to offer you the position you interviewed for! There were three extremely qualified final candidates that went through the same process as you; in the... More

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2014.

Interview

WOW! This place has obviously been shlt on countless times, but I didn't heed the warnings and went for the interview anyways. They passed me around to people who spent less than 5 minutes with me, talking mostly about themselves, and then back to one person who told me that the company was not hiring right now, but that I would be considered in the future.

I know countless people who have worked here and left after less than a month because this company is awful. I was even told by somebody that I shouldn't take a job if they offer it to me, because they were planning on quitting that awful place.

Web.com may be the worst company on the face of planet Earth

Interview Questions

• Unexpected? One pretentious manager talking about how great he is at managing for most of my time with him.   1 Answer

Account Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Saint Louis, MO

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Web.com (Saint Louis, MO).

Interview

Recruited and interviewed in a 3 step process.

HR Generalist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview and was invited to interview with the hr manager. i waited about 2 weeks and was then asked to come back to meet with the Chief HR Exec. I received an offer soon after.

Senior Network Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Web.com.

Interview

Interview with hiring manager Chris Cline then with his engineers. They will attempt to screen you out. Ensure to ask alot of questions so you can know what you'll be walking into, and that's a company with several sites with only a handful of network engineers and a limited budget.

Interview Questions

• Resume review
      CCNA material
      BGP and various routing protocols   1 Answer

Linux Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Web.com (Atlanta, GA) in October 2018.

Interview

After exchanging greetings, I was asked why I left my last job. I provided an answer in full detail. I mentioned excessive travel that started making me sick on a regular basis and that after I left my job, I'm back to normal 100%.

I was then informed by the recruiter that I was rejected because the hiring manager couldn't have someone working for him that gets sick on a regular basis.

Moral of the story, be wary of this company that discriminates against people and would illegally go against the Americans with Disabilities Act.

Interview Questions

• The questions were very generic. Not enough to really get into the background of my work experience.   Answer Question

Systems Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Web.com (Atlanta, GA) in June 2013.

Interview

There was a technical screening where they asked a series of 15-20 questions and then invited me in for an on-site interview. The interview was very informal and quite easy in retrospect. It was a lot of rehashing of the same questions with more details.

Interview Questions

• They wanted more details about previous questions they asked   1 Answer

Inside Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Web.com (Scottsdale, AZ) in June 2016.

Interview

Very friendly and easy interview. HR hiring Manager interviewed first and then if she liked you she brought in another Manager to ask a few typical interview questions. Then they asked what was one difficult situation that you experienced at your previous employment and how did you handle it.

Interview Questions

• What was one thing that you accomplished at your previous employment and how describe how you did it   Answer Question

Software Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Web.com (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a 15 minute "screening" interview by phone with a recruiter before being invited to interview in person a few days later.

Immediately upon arrival, I was escorted to "shadow" another sales representative to better understand the inside sales / outbound cold calls responsibility. The sales floor was busy with partitioned sections housing approximately 15 sales representatives per section. Each sales person was at a desk and making outbound calls relative to a script. As soon as one call was completed, another was dialed.

The room was busy and loud. The buzz of people on the phones was obvious, but there was also loud, blaring, and conflicting music (in each of the separate teams' sections), bells ringing, and people yelling cheers, and other encouragements.

After a few minutes of "shadowing", I was invited to another room with a laptop and asked to perform by myself a few basic tasks to confirm my computer-working skills. (Create a Power Point Presentation with my name and attach it and send it in an email, etc.)

After the email confirmation had been received, I had a conversational interview for another 30-45 minutes with an HR person, and a manager from the sales team.

Shadowing: 15 min.
    Computer tasks: 5-10 min
    Conversational interview: 30-45 min.
    Estimated total interview time: 60 min

Interview Questions

• Q: How comfortable are you with making cold calls?
      Q: How do you deal with a prospect that tells you "no"?   Answer Question