Web.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Web.com

2.4

Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Scottsdale, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Web.com (Scottsdale, AZ) in December 2017.

Interview

Sarah was phenomenal in addition to my hiring leader. I stayed engaged throughout the entire process and they worked diligently to create a thoughtful candidate experience. From the first interaction of sharing insights about the company, to details about the role and all the way through to the end I felt that each and every person I connected with made my decision easy to make. So glad to be a part of this team and company!

Interview Questions

• How does your skill set match the requirements for this role?   Answer Question

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Web.com (Atlanta, GA) in November 2015.

Interview

Applied online for the position via a recruiter, the recruiter contacted me and was very pleasant and eager to get me in for an interview, I was then scheduled for a tech screen initially, after the tech screen I was contacted for an in person, during the in person I was GRILLED again on tech questions some of which I could not answer however the overall feel of the interview was sort of hostile once I was unable to get back in my comfort zone. The interview was very uncomfortable and I have yet to hear back from th recruiter

Interview Questions

• Walk me through the process of building a server   1 Answer

Systems Administrator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Web.com (Atlanta, GA) in June 2011.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter who was very hot to get me in to an interview. The interview was a round table style interview and I did quite well answering most of their questions. I had some difficulties with some of the questions near the end of the interview and they "went in for the kill" and became quite hostile. This was quite unsettling and was detrimental in my performance through the remainder of the interview. Later on in the hiring managers office the hiring manager made a casual offer but tried to negotiate the rate based on the poor interview performance I had exhibited with their aggressive and hostile interview style. The rate he was trying to negotiate was literally half of what I was currently making. I politely declined his casual "lets make a deal" offer and left.

Interview Questions

• The questions themselves were not difficult at all. It was more of the style of questioning. They asked a lot of scripting and SQL questions and did not give time to fully understand the question or any time to answer. If you did not snap out their correct answer instantly they wanted to move onto other questions. They were just plain hostile.   Answer Question

Hostile interview technique and lowball offer.

Tech Support Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Harrisburg, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Web.com (Harrisburg, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

The person I was supposed to interview with was unavailable, someone else sat me down and questioned me for about 40 minutes. Questions were generally about the support and sales of web.com products.

Interview Questions

• Was I willing to sell (push) products   1 Answer

Tech Support Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilkes Barre, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Web.com (Wilkes Barre, PA) in April 2012.

Interview

First you had to take a test. Then you were paired with a current employee. You listen on a headset to customer calls and watched the tech solve the persons issue. Looked boring. Felt boring.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to start at this date?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2012.

Interview

The interview process was pretty informal. The gentleman who interviewed me was actually wearing a Star Wars t-shirt, if I remember correctly, and there I was in business casual. Most of the questions were pretty basic; however, I was not prepared to take a test. I hadn't taken an test since I was in college. I think a little warning about it from the recruiter would've been helpful. I might not have panicked as much when I took it.

Interview Questions

• What's one of your biggest weaknesses?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2011.

Interview

Had a brief phone interview that went okay, a little scattered, and then an in-person interview that lasted about 10 minutes before they offered me the job to begin as soon as possible. Had no idea it was because people start/quit there so often they're desperate for any soul to work at that place even for a day.

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted to work there, What I knew about writing for websites   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL).

Interview

Interview process only consisted of one meeting, but it was quite intensive. Firstly, you take a general grammar/spelling test; then, you create a quick advertisement for a hypothetical company. The interview itself was very structured. The interviewer had a set of in-depth questions. Nothing too difficult, though.

Was offered the job, although it took them a few weeks to get back to me; by which time, I had already accepted another offer.

Interview Questions

• How well do you deal under pressure and tight deadlines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in June 2014.

Interview

Many weeks after applying online I received a phone call from HR to set up an interview and was told that I would be meeting with a manager of the department. When I arrived in the lobby there was a woman speaking with the receptionist. I waited as they spoke and when the woman noticed me she abruptly finished the conversation and began walking away. I informed the receptionist of who I was there to speak with and she laughed and called after the woman walking away that I was apparently there to meet. Although she was clearly within an audible distance, she continued to walk away. The receptionist looked at me and said, “That was weird”.
    About ten minutes later two men came out to meet me and informed me that the woman I had been expecting had called out sick. Despite being otherwise very gracious, both of the interviewers seemed nervous and inexperienced. The majority of the discussion seemed to be aimed towards convincing me that I didn't want the job (other departments hate us, creativity is limited, we take an assembly-line approach to web design, would you be comfortable sacrificing quality for quantity?). After I asked what questions I had, they pointed out that I had not asked about pay--I had always been told that you shouldn't until you were offered a job. However, they explained to me that the pay was nine dollars an hour with possibilities for incentives. I was nonplussed by such a low number, but did not show any reaction other than queries about the possibility for advancement.
        Two weeks later I received an email from HR asking that I take an editing test. The test took about an hour and I made sure to double check any uncertainties in the AP stylebook. I waited two more weeks to hear from them before calling to make sure the test had been received. The HR representative informed me that they had indeed received it and I had “failed”. I was astounded at this response and asked which section of the test I had done poorly on. He did not seem to know anything other than that I had failed. I have since asked a previous professor to look over the test and he could not find anything wrong with it.
     I am able to overlook that the manager blew me off or that the interview was likely a farce, or even that after wasting my time they did not feel the need to inform me I was no longer being considered for the job. What bothers me is that on top of all that they chose to insult my craftsmanship without any justification. I honestly cannot imagine encountering so many instances of cowardice were it not institutionalized, and that is a milieu I would never have fared well in anyway.

Interview Questions

• Would you be comfortable sacrificing quality for quantity?   1 Answer

Web.com Response

Jun 8, 2015 – Manager, Recruiting

We apologize for this experience! It is not the norm! We would be happy to speak with you again should you still be interested in working here. Thank you!

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in May 2012.

Interview

I had applied various times to the particular position. Finally, weeks later, I got a phone call for an interview. It was scheduled accordingly and I arrived 5 minutes prior. The application was done online originally and then the front desk advised me I had to fill out another application. For a web consultation company, you would think they would already have the application in hand after filling it out online, but it was not the case. So I sat there filling out redundant information. After completion I then had to complete a questionnaire, which took another 15 to 20 minutes. I then had an interview with two individuals. One was quiet mostly, and the other seemed nervous. I'm not sure what that was entirely all about. We went through generic questions: "Why should we hire you?" What makes you a good fit..." Well after the interview was complete, I was given a card, and told HR would be in touch. I gave it two days and called and left a message. I waited to no avail and made another call and left a voicemail. Again, no call returned. I did this for approximately several days until I decided that a company with redundancies and the inability of the HR department to contact an interviewee about an offer or denial isn't the place I'd like to work. Especially considering the position is set up like an assembly line offering a peculiar pay structure.

To this day, I still haven't received a call or email stating the generic information about not being offered a position. Good thing I never held my breath. Essentially, the interview wasn't the problem. It was the company and HR specifically.