Web.com Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Web.com

2.4

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in December 2012.

Interview

I was hired immediately.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

It was straight forward

Social Media Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in October 2011.

Interview

Did a written test and was then interviewed by two people, separately. A half-hour after the interview began, I got the job!

Interview Questions

• Can't think of anything outstanding. It was all pretty straightforward.   Answer Question

Platform Architect Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Initially did a phone screen with the VP of the development division. Went over the basics of the role, summation of my skills in relation to the position and the responsibilities of the position. Was invited to a video interview with a panel consisting of several members of upper management and a lonely software engineer. After initial questions of my experience and what I had done, interview questions were basically round-robin, specifically focusing different aspects of each infrastructure area.

The interview process changed from knowledge / skills questions to that of a full-fledged interrogation. Thumbscrews and hot coals would have been more fun. Not one of the questions asked was related to "scripting languages including shell scripts/Perl/php/python/lua etc., knowledge of Linux, Apache/Nginx and SAN/NAS, network and security" in relation to the position description requirements. Questions were focused on the VERY low, run-time level and aspects on how things worked. Be prepared to be demoralized in front of others if they don't like your answers. Take note, when someone either shows that they are falling asleep or actually smiles at you (repeatedly) when you are working on coming up with a sensible answer, take it as a sign they are actually enjoying your discomfort or bored talking to you.

Interview Questions

• 1) Walk us through, in full detail, _ALL_ of the steps of a webpage being displayed at a client's PC using a web browser. Breakdown all of the aspects of the client and what happens server-side. If proxies, load balancers or database platforms are involved, explain their part of the process as well.
      2) Describe, in low-level detail, the DNS name resolution process - client and server-side.
      3) Describe the differences between IMAP and POP3.
      4) What ports and protocols are used for DNS, SMTP, SSL and Web services.
      5) How would you limit the memory being allocated to a process on a Linux server?
      6) Describe how GZIP works for websites, provide the pros and cons of using it.
      7) Scenario: A JBoss / Weblogic app server tied to an external MySQL database server is suffering from application, memory and/or disk related issues. Where would you look first and describe each step on what it is you are looking for.   Answer Question

Digital Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlotte, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Web.com (Charlotte, NC) in November 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, then in person. You watch a rep make cold calls and set a demo. You then go for the in person interview where you nat have to do a computer based scavenger hunt online and then read a script.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Web.com.

Interview

It went fine in the beginning. There is no point in a review on the hiring process because the entire field sales channels was terminated. So all that were part of the hiring process was let go, except the CEO David Brown.

Interview Questions

• What do you do to for self improvement   1 Answer

Digital Marketing Consultant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Web.com (Boston, MA) in July 2017.

Interview

Worst phone interview ever! Started by the Branch Sales Manager misses our 1st interview, during the 2nd scheduled call I was grilled about being willing/able to make the drive to the office, then had to listen to him bashing a local competitor that I used to build a personal site. then berated for not stated that I needed to make over $100K when Glassdoor salary estimates were $45K for this role.

Interview Questions

• How much do you need to make?   1 Answer
    • Can/will you be able to make the drive to the South Boston office everyday?   1 Answer

Customer Service Sales Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Drums, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Web.com (Drums, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Can you sell this products? We don't care if you can service what the customer already has with us ? Can you sell them more stuff they don't need ?

Interview Questions

• Sell me that ping pong table over there.....   1 Answer

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Web.com.

Interview

applied on careerbuilder...got phone interview with director, then got face to face interview w another manager.

Interview Questions

• would i rather be a clam living in the ocean for millions of years but not moving much or would i rather be a fly that can go anywhere and live for like a week?   1 Answer

Negotiation

i told them what i was making at old job and what i would like.. and was not going to relocate unless offered that.

Modifications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in August 2010.

Interview

Online application. Contacted and interviewed with two people.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation process. The base pay is the same regardless of experience.

Modifications Specialist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in April 2010.

Interview

Expect several panel interviews and a written coding examination. The written portion was fairly difficult if you cannot write HTML code from top to bottom. If you can use a WYSIWYG editor you can do this job, and Search Engine Optimization knowledge helps as well. The staff in modifications is very friendly and HR will try to put you with a different position if they see another opportunity available that they think you would be better suited for.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest weakness?   1 Answer

Negotiation

I did not negotiate but in retrospect I realize that I could have.