Web.com Software Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1 Interview Review

2.0

Software Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Web.com (Austin, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

I had a 15 minute "screening" interview by phone with a recruiter before being invited to interview in person a few days later.

Immediately upon arrival, I was escorted to "shadow" another sales representative to better understand the inside sales / outbound cold calls responsibility. The sales floor was busy with partitioned sections housing approximately 15 sales representatives per section. Each sales person was at a desk and making outbound calls relative to a script. As soon as one call was completed, another was dialed.

The room was busy and loud. The buzz of people on the phones was obvious, but there was also loud, blaring, and conflicting music (in each of the separate teams' sections), bells ringing, and people yelling cheers, and other encouragements.

After a few minutes of "shadowing", I was invited to another room with a laptop and asked to perform by myself a few basic tasks to confirm my computer-working skills. (Create a Power Point Presentation with my name and attach it and send it in an email, etc.)

After the email confirmation had been received, I had a conversational interview for another 30-45 minutes with an HR person, and a manager from the sales team.

Shadowing: 15 min.
Computer tasks: 5-10 min
Conversational interview: 30-45 min.
Estimated total interview time: 60 min

Interview Questions

• Q: How comfortable are you with making cold calls?
    Q: How do you deal with a prospect that tells you "no"?   Answer Question