Web.com Vice President Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Web.com Vice President Interview Questions

Interviews at Web.com

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in September 2011.

Interview

Initial phone screen with HR than with a CxO. In person interview was set-up and changed 4 times over the course of two-weeks.

On day of interview I arrived 10 minutes early and waited in lobby observing. HR person came to get me 30 minutes late. Said CxO was running pate too and schedule was mixed around to meet with other CxO and a VP. Finally was asked to wait an addition 45 to have 5 minutes with the hiring CxO.

At the end of the interview I was told I would be brought back to meet with another CxO. Three weeks past and I sent an email to HR and was informed they could not get hold of the CxO and then a few days later told an an offer had been extended, but they had not heard back from the candidate. At that time, my gut told me to pull-out.

My perception based on observation of the people walking in, word on street and interviews.

Arrogant executive team not asking the right questions of the right people. More interested in access to cheap debt to fuel acquisitions. Undifferentiated market strategy and perhaps stunting their own potential by offer low wages to a not so talented local labor pool.

Overall impression:

Poor communication
Arrogant exec team
Willing to waste a candidates time and not clearly communicate
"Us & Them" attitude from the 4th floor crew to the rest of the company
Playing in a commodity market with a cost structure of an enterprise software player
Other people money feel to it (look at financials)
Cheap feeling
With their debt ratio and Wall Street expectations, look for layoffs when the downgrades comes, but the Bozo effect will reamin solidly intact. Guaranteed

Interview Questions

• How did you find us?   1 Answer
  • What do you know about web hosting market?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Web.com

Vice President Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jacksonville, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Web.com (Jacksonville, FL) in February 2015.

Interview

Disturbing. While the frontline recruiters, etc were more than capable, the actual upper management interview was actually (again) disturbing. I was scheduled to interview with the COO and while standing directly in front of me, he told one of his minions to "tell him I'm in a meeting". I then spent the next 30 minutes speaking to said minion - who had just a couple years of professional experience - but was called a Vice President. Geesh. We get it. You want to surround yourself with obedient individuals to make yourself seem competent but please remember that you may actually run into a "non minion" once in awhile.

Interview Questions

• See above. It was actually pretty funny. The "VP' that interviewed me had very little management experience. Hence, the questions were remarkably basic - i.e. he didn't know enough to ask anything more. Besides, based on some of the questions, he was looking for a buddy to "hang with" and not very interested in an executive interview. But please know, I don't blame him as he didn't have the acumen and experience to understand the ridiculousness.   1 Answer