WebMD Health Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2.4

48 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Web Content Publisher Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Atlanta, GA) in June 2017.

Interview

Once I was placed on shortlist for this position based on my experience and education, I then received word that someone would be contacting me for a phone interview. From the get-go, the interviewer seemed detached.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about repetitive tasks?   1 Answer

Product Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health.

Interview

Hiring manager was almost 10 minutes late - no apology - her tone was rude as if I kept her waiting. No response to my follow up email. I would say if this is how you treat people at an interview its indicative of a miserable culture after you arrive

Tableau Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health (New York, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I received an email from recruiter to have phone interview with hiring manager. Hiring manager seemed very stern on phone and was to the point. I was selected for face to face round for 3 hours interview in New York. Interview went good but I was told by HR that they couldn't proceed further as they couldn't take anyone since I was on OPT EAD.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WebMD Health (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

The process consists of three sessions with each lasts about 45 minutes for technical questions about your fundamental computer science and your previous experience. It started at noon and continued through 3 pm in the afternoon. Each session is 1 on 1 based.

Interview Questions

• Can you construct a new object with an autowired field in it?   Answer Question

Strategy Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WebMD Health.

Interview

- Several rounds of interviews with several weeks in between
    - Interviews canceled and rescheduled at the last minute
    - Very unprofessional recruiters (to the extent of being rude)
    I would advise you to look at their openings and see how long they have been open. Some were open for more than a year, and they are probably bringing you in to get information rather than fill the position

Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health (New York, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Received a call for a phone interview that lasted about 20-40 minutes, and it was easy. Received an email 2 or 3 weeks later requesting an in-person meeting. I went to their office downtown and had two separate 1 hour+ interview sessions in a board room with groups of developers. They asked questions incessantly and it was a full-blown grilling, more or less. I was completely exhausted after having to explain all of this different convoluted experience as a technologist. They grilled me with specific commands I'd use down to the single character and did the whole shtick of asking you a question, then telling you you're right, but really wrong because there's a better way to do it (Surprise! It's their way). Typical stuff. Afterwards there was an "informal" water cooler meeting with HR guy, where I was basically about to pass out. He said, "You were in there for a while!" and asked me "how it went." I should've known it wasn't going to work out and it didn't, although one of the teams I got along very well with. The other team hammered me into the ground with a lack of familiarity on very specific parts of their stack and their personal experience. I never received an offer and I never even received a reply via email afterwards, kind of lame. I could sense the dynamic was a little bit weird in the more technical of the group interviews, and they employees seemed to not really click with each other that well. Some team members just sort of sat there in silence during the meeting, which is a sign they are miserable. Still, the office was really cool and I wanted the job. Yet, no offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your experience at past company with writing an API?   Answer Question

Program Marketing Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WebMD Health (New York, NY) in July 2016.

Interview

I was working with a recruiter who set up my interview with WebMD/Medscape. Initially there was a phone screen with the hiring manager to go over my background and skill set. The questions asked were not really out of the ordinary - pretty standard. After this, I was asked to come in for an in-person interview a few days later and met with two members of their staff. Once again, not overly difficult. They were pretty straight forward and not looking to throw in trick questions or crazy "what if" scenarios. All in all, it was a very positive experience. Unfortunately, my recruiter advised that while I was the candidate they were looking to hire, the position had been cancelled due to budget concerns. Wish they knew that before deciding to go through the interview process! Oh well.

Interview Questions

• How does your previous experience working in Excel translate in to what we are looking for in this position?   Answer Question

Director Strategic Accounts Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WebMD Health.

Interview

Interviewed initially through an external recruiter. After that had good interviews with the SVP and two VPs. The In-House recruiter called my references and then I received a verbal offer. Approximately one week later the offer was rescinded and I was given no reason. My references were excellent so I'm unclear as to why the sudden disinterest. Horribly unprofessional and a waste of time and valuable references. Advice: Get your offer in writing prior to providing references. Although they can still pull it it shows that they are more invested.

Sales Planner Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at WebMD Health (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Easy and comfortable. Met with 4 different people, each were very friendly and asked similar questions. Everyone explained their team structure and the job's day-to-day very well. Questions more geared to gauge what your work ethic is and how you organize yourself.

Associate Editor Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at WebMD Health.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter for WebMD, whom I had a 1:1 phone conversation with, followed by a phone call with an editorial director, which will determine if you will come in for an in-person interview or not. Both were very pleasant and I was invited for an interview with 3 editorial staffers (separately). The first interview with one of the editors was very pleasant and easy-going. However, it went a bit sour afterwards when I met with the editorial director and spoke on intercom with the VP of Editorial Services. The last interview with the VP of Editorial Services felt like a nitpicking/intervention of my background and skills with a lot of trick questions, and I did not feel comfortable one bit. At the end of the interview, she had already made her decision about me. For a technical role, I learned of different duties an Associate Editor would have from each interviewer, so I didn't fully grasp what the role entails. The people I met/spoke with were very nice, however, I feel as if you need to be immersed/have a grasp in the medical industry to truly have a feel for what the company does.

Interview Questions

• Lots of behavioral questions   Answer Question
    • How would you handle a situation if a freelancer didn't meet the deadline for an important project?   1 Answer