WebMD Health Interview Questions in Portland, OR | Glassdoor

WebMD Health Interview Questions in Portland, OR

2.6

Senior Client Advisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Portland, OR).

Interview

Interview process was in-depth, and rigorous. Spent a full day in the Portland, OR office interviewing with 7 potential team members over 6 hours. The experience was positive (ended up getting the offer and taking the job) but tiring. Prior to the onsite full-day interview I participated in multiple phone interviews with both the recruiter working the requisition and the management team.

Interview Questions

• Cannot remember the specifics but multiple questions were asked to determine how I (as the client facing, client service team member) would communicate with the developers and designers on projects / clients.   Answer Question

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Portland, OR).

Interview

I had one phone interview for 30 minutes with a manager, then they asked me to come in for an on-site interview 3-4 hours. I supposed to meet 4 groups of interviewers (managers, architects, developers, QC). But they stopped right after the 3rd group and they didn't seem to need feed back from the developer groups. So it was a waste of time.

The manager did not even read resume before the interview. There was no single explanation, just one sentence "You are not a good it" and then escorting you out.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions are basic and unpractical. The reviewers prepared a list of questions in front of them and just go through them one by one. There were a couple of writing code scenarios. Some of these questions repeated what you already discussed earlier. The eraser for the white board does not work so the white board looks very messy.

Some of these questions were not appropriate for a Senior Developer position at all. There were very few questions about architecture or best practices.
      3 Answers
    • Architect: What is session? What is different between Get and Post?   Answer Question
    • From C# Developer: What is abstract class? What is different between interface and inheritance? What is encapsulation? What is singleton?   Answer Question
    • From SQL developer: What is View? What is Trigger? What is an outer join?   Answer Question
    • Front end question: What is closure in JS? Write a few line of code to show usage of "Prototype"   Answer Question

Senior Event Marketing Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Portland, OR) in September 2015.

Interview

Completely unorganized - lack of communication, I felt I had to chase the recruiter down to get any answers. Seemed to dismiss my questions on benefits and protocol and made me feel like I shouldn't be asking any questions.

G&A Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Portland, OR) in August 2015.

Interview

I was phone screened by a recruiter who was able to tell me quite a bit about the company, its business model and what they needed in this role. I then came onsite and met with the hiring manager for about an hour. She was informative, respectful and asked great questions to best understand my background. About two weeks passed, then I came in for an onsite interview where I met with six different people, each for ~45 minutes. While some of their questions overlapped, they were all clearly talented, driven individuals and I left excited about the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• What three words describe your workplace philosophy on management?   Answer Question

Senior Communications Strategist Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Portland, OR) in October 2013.

Interview

The process began with a call from HR to set up a phone screen with the hiring manager. Once that was completed, I was called back for an in-person interview. When I arrived, it ended up to be four separate interviews back-to-back, each with one person who was either on the same team or who would be working closely with the role I was interviewing for.

Interview Questions

• "Describe an experience where you had to manage competing priorities. What did you do to ensure success?"   Answer Question

Associate Software Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Portland, OR) in June 2013.

Interview

3 Steps:
    1) Phone screen from a recruiter with light business overview
    2) Phone screen with hiring manager
    3) Onsite interview with 5 people, ~3 hours

Overall, pretty straightforward and simple, not a lot of complications, easy as pie.

Interview Questions

• Standard FizzBuzz, replacing Fizz with Web and Buzz with MD.   Answer Question

Technical Product Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Portland, OR) in March 2012.

Interview

The initial communications were very professional. The process was actually quite easy going with a phone interview with the hiring manager and prospective teammate. The second interview was in person and consisted of mostly questions related to my background, types of projects and products implemented previously, and and my detailed skill sets that would prove beneficial in supporting the product they were developing. It was one of the easiest interview processes in comparison to most organizations. However, my resume is very detailed, I provide detailed projects/product work samples from past organizations I worked for, and a long list of accomplishments that outlines everything any prospective employer would need to know about my experience. I felt very comfortable throughout the process and the folks I met with were very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. Very nice and positive group of people.

Interview Questions

• I can't think of any gotchya questions. They were very down to earth and it was a discussion versus an inquisition.   1 Answer

Software Engineer IV Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Portland, OR) in April 2010.

Interview

I had two one-on-one non-technical interviews, which went well. I then had two two-on-one interviews. The first was technical. It was somewhat difficult, but reasonable. The second interview was I guess meant to try to understand my architecture methodology, but was done in such a way that they kept asking general questions that weren't actually answerable, and not giving any feedback on what they were getting at. It was the first time I remember feeling that the interviewers faield the interview process. Not only did I not get the job, they never got back with me.

Client Services Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Portland, OR) in February 2010.

Interview

I had at least 7 interviews. A very long, drawn out, inefficient process. I was asked some illegal questions such as could I travel or did I have kids that made it so I could not travel easily.

Negotiation

There is room for negotiation here, especially now as they have lost so many people.

Entry-Level Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Portland, OR) in April 2009.

Interview

1) They verify that your resume is a close match to the skills and experiences to the available positions.
    2) They schedule a phone interview if they deem your resume worth pursuing.
    3) The phone interview lasts approximately 45 minutes.
    4) They follow up with an invitation for a personal interview (or politely tell you they will keep your resume on file)
    5) The face2face interview lasts 2.5 hours

Interview Questions

• Why did you chose this position?   Answer Question
    • Why do you think you fit this position?   Answer Question
    • Can you tell me about.... [items on your resume]?   Answer Question
    • They ask you to figure out what this method does:

public void search(String[] arr; String term)
      {

}

And then ask you to complete the method with appropriate code by hand.
      Answer Question