WebMD Health Software Engineer III Interview Questions | Glassdoor

WebMD Health Software Engineer III Interview Questions

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at WebMD Health (New York, NY) in January 2010.

Interview

Half hour initial call, then an in person interview with 3 people, and a skills test.
Met first with 2 other people on the tech team, that went very well, but then met with the
Director of the group, and was asked to describe I program that I'd written. I found it
very difficult to picture the program in my head or remember lines of code, and couldn't
articulate it clearly. I usually get specific technical questions, and find that much more
relevant. I was asked one technical question, but it was more of a theoretical nature and
not something you'd use everyday, so didn't do well on that either.
The skills test was good, but seemed very hastily put together, there were duplicates among
the answer selections, and the answers for some questions while correct, were something
that you'd never do in real practice, so it wasn't clear what they were really looking for.
The office was very nice, though there was a lack of meeting space, I don't know if the Director
even had an office since we had to meet in an open area. The people were extremely nice
and informal, would have been a great place to work.

Interview Questions

• Perl Question: What is an anonymous Hash?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for WebMD Health

Software Engineer III Interview

Anonymous Employee in Portland, OR

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at WebMD Health (Portland, OR) in April 2009.

Interview

Inital phone interview with some programming puzzle kind of questions. Then Onsite interview with 4 people, each with a diffrent style. One IQ challenge puzzle, one behavioral, one technical, one "boss"/management interview.

Interview Questions

• What is the chance that two dogs have the same number of hairs.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I asked for 90k, they gave it to me. Personaly I think I got the skills to back that up so seemed reasonable.