Weber Shandwick Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

2.8

24 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Consumer PR Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Rotational interview where I sat in an office and a new interviewer would come in every 20 minutes to chat with me. I met with an SAE, three AE's, and a member of HR.

Interview Questions

• What was the last book you read?   1 Answer

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in October 2017.

Interview

The interview process was simple and quick. I was brought in for a rotational interview with 5 people at different levels on the totem pole. After the interview the next step in the process is the writing test. I was offered a position less than a week later.

The process from start to finish moved seamlessly. The person in charge was very communicative throughout.

Corporate Affairs Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in September 2017.

Interview

They were friendly. I was interviewed by 5 people from the account team. They mostly all just asked about my work experience and why I wanted to work there.

Interview Questions

• The last interviewer asked about what kind of writing I had done in the past, but pretty much everyone just asked about past experience and why I was interested in WS.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Interview with 5 different people individually. It takes about 30 minutes with each one of them. It feels like they all ask the same questions. Some are more challenging than others.

Digital Analytics Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in March 2017.

Interview

The process was very straight forward. I was contacted by email for an interview. The interview consisted of largely behavioral questions and questions about the resume/former positions. Following the interview a writing test was scheduled.

Consumer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

It can take a long time for them to get back to you after the initial application. From there, the process moves rather quickly. You are called in, meet with 3-4 individuals (from AAEs to Senior AEs) for about 15 min each, one of which explains briefly the company and the position. You then may get invited to complete a lengthy writing test. They give you around 5 days to complete it and you will need all of that time. And it is not uncommon for them to call you the day that you turn that test in.

Interview Questions

• Who do you follow that has innovated social media to build a brand?   Answer Question
    • Describe a recent campaign that stuck out to you and why.   Answer Question

Consumer PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

It starts off with an email to invite you to come in for an interview. Then you attend an interview with about 4-6 people on the team. If you do well during that, you will be invited to to take a very extensive writing test. It is the largest writing test, I have ever encountered for PR. It includes analytics, creating a social media campaign, and writing headlines and updates and summarizing news..

Interview Questions

• What sorts of blogs do you enjoy reading? Where do you get your news from and why?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in January 2016.

Interview

I had a skype interview with 3-4 different people. They asked basic interview questions about why I am interested in PR, why I was interested in WS, talk about a time when you've failed, etc. After the interview process they had me do a project about a client's social media.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you failed at something and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Didn't hear back for about 6 months. Contacted via email by HR person who set up an in-person interview. On the day of the interview I met with the HR person and 4 other employees who each had their own sets of questions. Very conversational, not a lot of pressure. They really just want to pick your brain and if you know some key points about the company as well as the industry that'll be great. The next round is a writing test which is "open book" and you get about 4 days to do. Once you submit that you get your final answer. They're pretty quick about it.

Interview Questions

• What is a brand that you think is using social media well for their campaigns?   1 Answer
    • Why PR?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle pressure and other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with a hiring representative for an on-campus interview. A month later I was contacted to continue with the interview process, and I spoke with an Art Director and Creative Director via Skype. No trick questions - they were interested in my process and asked me questions about my portfolio, and were conversational and polite.

Interview Questions

• Only particular question I remember: what's your favorite ad/social campaign?   Answer Question