Weber Shandwick Interview Questions in Chicago, IL | Glassdoor

Weber Shandwick Interview Questions in Chicago, IL

2.8

Consumer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

It can take a long time for them to get back to you after the initial application. From there, the process moves rather quickly. You are called in, meet with 3-4 individuals (from AAEs to Senior AEs) for about 15 min each, one of which explains briefly the company and the position. You then may get invited to complete a lengthy writing test. They give you around 5 days to complete it and you will need all of that time. And it is not uncommon for them to call you the day that you turn that test in.

Interview Questions

• Who do you follow that has innovated social media to build a brand?   Answer Question
    • Describe a recent campaign that stuck out to you and why.   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in June 2015.

Interview

Applied online. Didn't hear back for about 6 months. Contacted via email by HR person who set up an in-person interview. On the day of the interview I met with the HR person and 4 other employees who each had their own sets of questions. Very conversational, not a lot of pressure. They really just want to pick your brain and if you know some key points about the company as well as the industry that'll be great. The next round is a writing test which is "open book" and you get about 4 days to do. Once you submit that you get your final answer. They're pretty quick about it.

Interview Questions

• What is a brand that you think is using social media well for their campaigns?   1 Answer
    • Why PR?   1 Answer
    • How do you handle pressure and other behavioral questions.   Answer Question

Design Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in April 2015.

Interview

I met with a hiring representative for an on-campus interview. A month later I was contacted to continue with the interview process, and I spoke with an Art Director and Creative Director via Skype. No trick questions - they were interested in my process and asked me questions about my portfolio, and were conversational and polite.

Interview Questions

• Only particular question I remember: what's your favorite ad/social campaign?   Answer Question

Group Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in March 2015.

Interview

Was contacted by a recruiter from WS' end. Spoke over phone then went for in person interview. Liked that the in person interviews all happened on same day and didn't need to come back again. Met with potential team(s). Every one was friendly and very passionate about the work they do (and this thinking hasn't changed since I started--this place has very hard working and dedicated teams). Loved that it was more about getting to know if you'll fit within agency/clients vs reciting questions from your resume. Every one was on time, easy to talk to and honest in talking about challenges that role will face. Got an offer two weeks later.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in January 2015.

Interview

I received an email from HR asking if I was interested in the consumer internship. Since I was out-of-state she scheduled an Skype interview with five different executives from the consumer practice. Each interview was timed at 20 minutes each and in total lasted an hour. The interview was formal and mainly focused on my internship choices, why I wanted to practice PR, and my interest in the company.

Marketing Communications Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in October 2014.

Interview

I applied online and was contacted by email to schedule an interview which consisted of five back-to-back one-on-one interviews (about 2 hours total). A couple of days later I got an email that I had moved on to the second step of the interview process - the writing test - which I had to complete and send back. And finally, a few days after sending in my writing test, I was offered the job.

Public Relations Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Very nice people. Applied online. HR sent me an email and I had two interviews. They asked basic questions about past experiences and it was very friendly. I met with four people and they described the job and asked what I could offer to them. Set pay so I didn't even think of negotiating.

Consumer Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Initial resume screening, in person interview, writing test

Interview Questions

• What is one PR or advertising campaign you've seen that you would have done differently if you had been on the team?   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in February 2014.

Interview

I know someone who works for Weber, so I was actually able to email my resume directly to an HR representative. I heard back about three weeks later saying that they wanted to schedule an interview. The very next day, I was there for my interview. They are quick and efficient and don't like to waste their time or yours. I met with five people during my interview, including one HR rep. The interview questions are pretty standard. However, you have to know your stuff. If you're not up to date on PR tactics, it will show. Be prepared to ask them a lot of questions and know who their clients are. I met with each person for about 15-20 minutes and then met with someone from HR. Everyone was friendly and easy to talk to. They all love their jobs and working with each other. You really have to be passionate to fit in here. A week later, they emailed me to let me know I made it onto the next round and sent me their writing test. I had 5 days to complete it. If you make it onto this round, be prepared to block out a decent amount of time for the test. It's very extensive. I submitted my test and two days later they made an offer.

Interview Questions

• What is your favorite brand that you follow on social media and why?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, interns have a set pay.

Consumer PR Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in January 2014.

Interview

Applied online, and was contacted for an in-person interview shortly after. The interview was great, I met with three Digital Analytics team members one after another, and then one HR representative. Everyone was SO nice and friendly, it really made the process less stressful. About a week later, I was asked to take their Digital Analytics test. Fast-forward another week, I get an email from HR saying that the team had chosen another candidate for the digital analytics position, but thought I would be a better fit for the consumer PR internship.

I ended up going through the process all over again (interviewed with the consumer team then took their writing test). Since I had another offer on the table and let HR know, they sped up the process and I received an offer about a week after I interviewed with the consumer team!

Make sure you're knowledgable about the industry and the company. Knowing who their clients are and campaigns they've worked on will really impress them. Aside from that, the interview questions were pretty standard. There were a lot of behavioral questions, as expected.

Interview Questions

• What are some of your favorite PR campaigns?
      Which companies do you think are leveraging social media effectively?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation, intern salaries are set at $12/hour