Weber Shandwick Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weber Shandwick Intern Interview Questions

Updated Apr 17, 2017

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview

I was contacted by HR, then interviewed via Skype and took a writing test. Hired 2 weeks later. The interviews were informative and very natural. Not super easy, but they don't want to trick you. They are trying to get a feel for skills and cultural fit.

Interview Questions

• Is it better to be perfect and late, or good and on time?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Weber Shandwick

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Seattle, WA) in September 2016.

Interview

The whole process took about two weeks. It started with a 30 minute phone interview. I was then invited to interview in person with two members of the team, which lasted about 40 minutes, as well as do an hour-long writing test. A week later, I was informed via email that I had not been selected.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview was average, but I knew when I left that I would reject a job offer if I got one. Plus, the internship description said there was potential to lead to a full-time job, which was misleading.

I had an HR screening, and a phone interview. I never heard back from the team I interviewed with, but HR contacted me that another team had seen my resume and wanted me to interview in person. The office is nice, and people seem to dress very casually (leggings, Lilly Pulitzer dresses, flip flops, etc.) and the receptionist was friendly. But they do like you to dress UP (I'm talking full suit here) which makes you stand out in the office environment.

The interview- wasn't for me. I was told some of my tasks would include driving the VP's car and moving its parking (seriously - this was when I knew I wouldn't work there) and that one person drove her car to the beach for her. Not what I was looking for, at all.

They also asked why I applied to work with their team, but...I hadn't applied for that position and wasn't informed of what the team worked on (talk about awkward!). Heavily female team, friendly, but not for me.

Lastly, the HR person came in and told me they were hiring more than one intern, and that a job might not be opening after the internship. With the potential to have to compete with another intern for a low-paying internship, it wasn't for me. She told me they would send me a writing test for me to complete, but I accepted another position the next day from another company (who actually was a client of Weber...). HR was nice about my declining moving forward in the position

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was long, consisting of a phone screening and an on-site interview with 4 employees, then for almost a month there was no communication before they sent me a writing test. It included a press release and a social media post. Then I haven't heard back since.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I had two separate phone interviews and then I didn't hear from anyone for about two months. Finally, after I sent multiple follow-up emails, I was told that I didn't get the position.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Dallas, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

I began the process as an inside referral and was emailed about a week after sending my résumé. We scheduled an in-person interview two weeks later. I visited their office and interviewed with the two intern coordinators. The interview was enjoyable and light-hearted. The questions were conversational and they made it very comfortable to be there. Even as I was waiting, people passing by were friendly. After the interview, I scheduled a writing test (at home over email). After the test, I was contacted 2 weeks later with an offer!

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick in August 2015.

Interview

I interviewed in-office with two of the Account Execs, which lasted about 45 minutes and then included a tour of the offices. There was also a writing test which you had an hour to complete, in which you had to write one press release and four social media posts.

Interview Questions

• Do you have a favorite quote and if so, how does that quote represent your life and your goals?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Dallas, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

I was shown around and then we sat in a room and they asked all the standard interview questions. The kicker was I was sent a follow up writing test and I never heard from them ever again. I even followed up with an email and no one responded. That definitely left a bad taste in my mouth considering this is a company that literally provides communication services.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview

I submitted my application online and then received an email a few days later asking when a good time to set up a phone call with HR would be. The next week I had a phone interview which lasted only a few minutes and I am still currently waiting to hear back.

Interview Questions

• Very brief phone call, wanted to know why I wanted to work in PR and specifically at Weber Shandwick.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick in April 2015.

Interview

Submitted application online, got called for four or five Skype interviews with a panel of people, took the writing test. They denied me at first and then offered me the spot.

Interview Questions

• What are interested in doing at Weber? Why do you want to work for us?   Answer Question