Weber Shandwick Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Weber Shandwick Interview Questions

Updated Jun 1, 2017

2.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Boston, MA) in June 2016.

Interview

My interview was average, but I knew when I left that I would reject a job offer if I got one. Plus, the internship description said there was potential to lead to a full-time job, which was misleading.

I had an HR screening, and a phone interview. I never heard back from the team I interviewed with, but HR contacted me that another team had seen my resume and wanted me to interview in person. The office is nice, and people seem to dress very casually (leggings, Lilly Pulitzer dresses, flip flops, etc.) and the receptionist was friendly. But they do like you to dress UP (I'm talking full suit here) which makes you stand out in the office environment.

The interview- wasn't for me. I was told some of my tasks would include driving the VP's car and moving its parking (seriously - this was when I knew I wouldn't work there) and that one person drove her car to the beach for her. Not what I was looking for, at all.

They also asked why I applied to work with their team, but...I hadn't applied for that position and wasn't informed of what the team worked on (talk about awkward!). Heavily female team, friendly, but not for me.

Lastly, the HR person came in and told me they were hiring more than one intern, and that a job might not be opening after the internship. With the potential to have to compete with another intern for a low-paying internship, it wasn't for me. She told me they would send me a writing test for me to complete, but I accepted another position the next day from another company (who actually was a client of Weber...). HR was nice about my declining moving forward in the position

Consumer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Interview

It can take a long time for them to get back to you after the initial application. From there, the process moves rather quickly. You are called in, meet with 3-4 individuals (from AAEs to Senior AEs) for about 15 min each, one of which explains briefly the company and the position. You then may get invited to complete a lengthy writing test. They give you around 5 days to complete it and you will need all of that time. And it is not uncommon for them to call you the day that you turn that test in.

Interview Questions

• Who do you follow that has innovated social media to build a brand?   Answer Question
    • Describe a recent campaign that stuck out to you and why.   Answer Question

Public Relations Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took a week. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

It was a very simple interview process with a writing test at the end. They asked me questions, it was casual and relaxed, and then I went into another room and took the test on their computer. Very simple!

Healthcare Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minneapolis, MN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Minneapolis, MN) in May 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with recruiter, phone interview with director, phone interview with team lead, in person interview with HR director, in person interview with 2/3 of team. The entire process took nearly one month.

IT Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick.

Interview

I applied online, the process took about 3 months. I was contacted by an HR person to set up a Skype interview. The interview was brief the interviewer was really friendly. He just asked why i wanted to work for It, and briefly asked about some parts of my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell me something about yourself that i will not know by looking at your resume?   Answer Question

Consumer PR Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Chicago, IL) in April 2016.

Interview

It starts off with an email to invite you to come in for an interview. Then you attend an interview with about 4-6 people on the team. If you do well during that, you will be invited to to take a very extensive writing test. It is the largest writing test, I have ever encountered for PR. It includes analytics, creating a social media campaign, and writing headlines and updates and summarizing news..

Interview Questions

• What sorts of blogs do you enjoy reading? Where do you get your news from and why?   Answer Question

Vice President Social Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (New York, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

Standard process although it took a while to receive feedback from HR. 3 rounds. 1 phone call with HR then a Skype interview, followed by an in-person meeting. They were very nice and accommodating to personal schedules and were willing work around my schedule and previous commitments. My HR contact was incredibly sweet and thorough in the process.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (Boston, MA) in March 2016.

Interview

The process was long, consisting of a phone screening and an on-site interview with 4 employees, then for almost a month there was no communication before they sent me a writing test. It included a press release and a social media post. Then I haven't heard back since.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (New York, NY) in February 2016.

Interview

I had two separate phone interviews and then I didn't hear from anyone for about two months. Finally, after I sent multiple follow-up emails, I was told that I didn't get the position.

AAE Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weber Shandwick (New York, NY) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online but I knew someone who had a contact there. I had an initial phone interview with the HR person, who then scheduled me for an in person interview with some of the team for later that week. I met with the HR person and two others. The last person I met with was adamant (almost standoffish) about the hard work and long hours it takes to be a valuable part of the team as the AAE. Weber is an excellent agency and I knew what I was signing up for when I applied, but it seemed like she had come into the interview with a previous negative experience with an AAE on her mind. Overall, she seemed hardworking, and the other two people I met with were extremely personable. I took the writing test, but was told a few days later that the position had been given to someone else who had a stronger piece. Bummer but, positive experience overall.