Weber State University Interview Questions in Ogden, UT | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 1, 2017

2.3

Testing Proctor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in January 2016.

Interview

Very straight forward, short interview, got the offer the same day. They ask the basic questions, nothing tricky. I think it took about a week for them to call me for the initial interview, but once we started that it was very quick and painless. They were very willing to answer questions I had about the position and described the position very well.

Computer Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in August 2015.

Interview

Very fast response, within two weeks. I interviewed with my current boss and two of my future coworkers. The process was friendly and casual, though finding the room was a bit tough.

Assistant Professor, Management Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in September 2014.

Interview

A full day interview comprising breakfast with Dept Chair and Dean, mini interviews with faculty, observed teaching session and, research presentation to faculty. A long and stressful day but a very transparent and fair process.

Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT).

Interview

I was asked to come in to an interview where I was asked the standard questions like- what do you do if you and a college have a disagreement. Then I was asked what I would do in a tutoring session under a variety of circumstances.

Efficiency Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in May 2014.

Interview

Nothing to at all. It was extremely easy. If you put the minimal amount of effort into the process then you should get hired. They hiring manager was very friendly and accommodating. They entire administratation staff was also very nice and easy to ask for assistance.

Interview Questions

• What my initial thoughts about what I was going to be doing were? What and when they could expect to see the final report. What did I need from them.   Answer Question

Several Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in April 2014.

Interview

Interview with three people, nothing out of the ordinary was asked. After that, there was a week or so before I was called back for the 2nd interview, and then you had to go through the hiring process, which in a university takes forever! So after the 2nd interview and the call with a job proposal there was a delay of 3 weeks.

Interview Questions

• If I asked your current boss to describe you, what would they tell me?   Answer Question

Account Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in April 2013.

Interview

You apply online and then wait the mandatory days before the position closes. At that time all applicants are vetted. It can take a couple of weeks before the committee decide who they want to interview.
    After the interview they warn you that it can take a while to get the the HR process before they can offer a job. They weren't kidding. It took 4 weeks before I heard anything. Then I had to do a background check and wait on that before I was officially offered the position.

Interview Questions

• What is the definition of a team player and how do you see yourself in this role.   Answer Question

Instructor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in July 2012.

Interview

The hiring and interview process was clearly very well planned and managed. The application process was long and required a lot of work in document preparation but it made sense. For example, you are asked to provide a document which outlines your teaching philosophy, which made me think that the selection panel would use this to ensure a good match between the candidate's approach and the Business School's approach. The actual interview process was almost a whole day. It began with lunch with key faculty. I liked this because it felt less formal, less stressful. However, I did have lots of questions fired at me during the meal! What became clear to me during lunch was that my new colleagues had a very similar view of education to me and I was impressed by the Dept. Chair's sense of humor. I got the impression that I would be very happy working with these people. The lunch was followed with a number of short interviews with key faculty, including the Dean. I then had a short break before I had to teach a class. This was the most stressful part of the process. I had been given plenty of notice and support to be able to prepare effectively but it is still stressful to be observed in action. After my session I was thanked by the faculty and one member then explained what would happen next. Overall, I felt that the whole process was highly professional and that all the activities were appropriate for selecting a good candidate. At the end of the day I felt that I'd done a good job and was hopeful. It felt like a fair and well balanced process and I was confident that if I was not selected that there had genuinely been someone who was a better fit or performed better than me.

Interview Questions

• It was a technical question on my position on the use of personality inventories for leadership selection and development.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There wasn't much negotiation. I had stated my expected salary at interview at that is what they offered.

Enrollement Specialist I Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in January 2012.

Interview

Very basic easy to do easy questions you can bs your way through the entire interview all of the supervisors are passive mormons who are not very aggressive in the process of interviewing a person

Interview Questions

• Do you know anything about computers   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiations

Math Tutor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ogden, UT

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at Weber State University (Ogden, UT) in July 2010.

Interview

Apply online through the Weber job portal. Received an email reply promptly to request an interview. The interview consisted of questions concerning why I wanted to be a tutor, my history and experience in this field, an assessment of how I would approach a given situation, and an evaluation of my people skills.

Interview Questions

• I was asked to role play a tutor session. The interviewer was pretending to be a student struggling with factoring.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They were pleased with my knowledge and ability to work with people. I was offered the job on the spot and then told that if I were to accept that a one time session to get used to the set-up and rules would be needed as well as taking a training class once a week for the semester (CRLA).