Websense Associate Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Websense

1 Interview Review

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Websense (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Got a response from my application within a week. Interview was scheduled for another week later.

Interviewed with the Director of Software Engineering in Austin, Texas. We met in a small interview room with a white board. The interview started out with going over my resume. There seemed to have been some confusion about my graduation date even though it was on the resume so I think this may have influenced the decision to not give me an offer.

The interview consisted of 3 questions: Write a program on the whiteboard, Solve a logic puzzle on the whiteboard, write a program on a laptop.

Interview Questions

• Write a program on the whiteboard such that sum(n) returns the sum of all the numbers up to the nth number in the sequence {0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, ...} (I noticed that this was the Fibonacci sequence but he did not call it that).

Given 9 balls designed to be identical, what is the best method to find the faulty ball in the least amount of steps given only a balance scale. That is, you have 9 balls and one of them is either heavier or lighter than the others.

Write a simple calculator program that allows a user to give an input (example: 5*3+4/3-4*1) and the program computes the integer result accounting for order of operations (example: 5*3+4/3-4*1 = 15+0-4 = 11)   1 Answer