Websense Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Websense Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at Websense

1.5

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Websense in August 2014.

Interview

The first part of the interview consisted of doing an online personality test of around 150 questions, then a cognitive portion which was 50 questions in 15 minutes. Neither were difficult. Next, I had to retake the cognitive portion of the test, though this time while on a webcam with a Websense recruiter to "make sure you aren't cheating"...

Last step was an on-site interview with three employees. I was already pretty disappointed with the banal interview process so far, but this was the tipping point. I was literally in and out of the Websense building within ten minutes. My on-site interview included me discussing my resume, asking if I knew about the positions, and that is it. In and out.

The biggest problem I had with the entire interview process was that not once was I made to feel that anyone actually cared about who I was. They make you feel like another number.

Interview Questions

Did not appreciate way company made me feel, and received a more competitive offer from a different company.

Other Interview Reviews for Websense

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Websense (Austin, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and shortly after received an email from a recruiter from Vista Equity Partners about taking an IQ Assessment Test. Fairly easy assessment and had SAT type questions. Once I passed that, the same recruiter and I set up an initial phone screen about my experience and general support process.

I was contacted a week or two later for an in-person interview with a Director. The interview also composed of a short assessment test at the office. The interview itself was fairly simple, and I ended up asking more questions than I was asked.

Lastly, I had a final phone interview with a Support Manager in the San Diego office. He asked about my experience and my support process in a given situation.

I got a call the following morning from the recruiter at Vista with a verbal offer, and received written offer later that week.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Websense and its products?   Answer Question
    • If a client called in and tried to launch our software on their computer, and all they said was "There's just a blue screen on my monitor", what would be the first few steps you would take to solve the issue yourself?   Answer Question