Websense Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Websense

1 Interview Review

Information Technology Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Websense (San Diego, CA) in May 2010.

Interview

The process started out fairly well, simple interview with recruiter, then a verbal interview with hiring manager. Then, they set me up with an extensive list of 30 min. in-person interviews - took 1/2 day. Of course, I needed to take 1/2 day off of work.

Without going into too many details, I thought the people I interviewed with were nice, but several were very poor interviewers. Clearly, they have a very young/inexperienced management team. There were a couple of bright and engaging managers, however. So, a mixed bag. The more senior managers were engaging and I believe I would have really enjoyed working with/for them.

Then, the process started totally falling apart. I did my part in following up, but Websense was horrible about communication - saying they were going through some sort of internal transition. However, I suspect those were excuses, and they really were just waiting for a better candidate to come along, and yet wanting to keep existing candidates in the pipeline. Which, from a sourcing perspective, I do understand. But, from a candidate's perspective, it leaves you with a poor impression. I would have completely respected a response of "we are still in the interview process and seeking XYZ skill" Closure, Websense! Or, just tell me that you are not sure my skillsets are a match with the organization, and that's ok, too! But, to tell me you just move slow and always respond with "we'll have an answer for you next week?" And, of course, next week never comes.

So, the "next week" responses went on for about 5 weeks. Yes, I know - everyone else would have figured it out long before, but I do have a tendency to believe people. And, in my career, I have always had honest and forthright conversations with HR teams, but not this one. So, I must wonder - is the interviewing process reflective of this organization's culture?

Interview Questions

• I don't remember any questions...it was too long ago! A lot of discussion around process.   Answer Question