Websense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Interviews at Websense

2.8

Associate Applications Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Websense (Austin, TX) in May 2014.

Interview

have two take a personality test, twice. this is the worst part of the process. phone interviews with recruiter, then hiring manager. very easy going. casual environment. no technical questions or technical competency questions asked. just personality and process.

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Websense (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Got a response from my application within a week. Interview was scheduled for another week later.

Interviewed with the Director of Software Engineering in Austin, Texas. We met in a small interview room with a white board. The interview started out with going over my resume. There seemed to have been some confusion about my graduation date even though it was on the resume so I think this may have influenced the decision to not give me an offer.

The interview consisted of 3 questions: Write a program on the whiteboard, Solve a logic puzzle on the whiteboard, write a program on a laptop.

Interview Questions

• Write a program on the whiteboard such that sum(n) returns the sum of all the numbers up to the nth number in the sequence {0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, ...} (I noticed that this was the Fibonacci sequence but he did not call it that).

Given 9 balls designed to be identical, what is the best method to find the faulty ball in the least amount of steps given only a balance scale. That is, you have 9 balls and one of them is either heavier or lighter than the others.

Write a simple calculator program that allows a user to give an input (example: 5*3+4/3-4*1) and the program computes the integer result accounting for order of operations (example: 5*3+4/3-4*1 = 15+0-4 = 11)   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Websense in August 2014.

Interview

The first part of the interview consisted of doing an online personality test of around 150 questions, then a cognitive portion which was 50 questions in 15 minutes. Neither were difficult. Next, I had to retake the cognitive portion of the test, though this time while on a webcam with a Websense recruiter to "make sure you aren't cheating"...

Last step was an on-site interview with three employees. I was already pretty disappointed with the banal interview process so far, but this was the tipping point. I was literally in and out of the Websense building within ten minutes. My on-site interview included me discussing my resume, asking if I knew about the positions, and that is it. In and out.

The biggest problem I had with the entire interview process was that not once was I made to feel that anyone actually cared about who I was. They make you feel like another number.

Interview Questions

Did not appreciate way company made me feel, and received a more competitive offer from a different company.

Associate Technical Support Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Websense (Austin, TX) in December 2013.

Interview

I applied online, and shortly after received an email from a recruiter from Vista Equity Partners about taking an IQ Assessment Test. Fairly easy assessment and had SAT type questions. Once I passed that, the same recruiter and I set up an initial phone screen about my experience and general support process.

I was contacted a week or two later for an in-person interview with a Director. The interview also composed of a short assessment test at the office. The interview itself was fairly simple, and I ended up asking more questions than I was asked.

Lastly, I had a final phone interview with a Support Manager in the San Diego office. He asked about my experience and my support process in a given situation.

I got a call the following morning from the recruiter at Vista with a verbal offer, and received written offer later that week.

Interview Questions

• What do you know about Websense and its products?   Answer Question
    • If a client called in and tried to launch our software on their computer, and all they said was "There's just a blue screen on my monitor", what would be the first few steps you would take to solve the issue yourself?   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Websense.

Interview

The interview wasn't so bad. I met with a few different people, was asked typical questions and heard back a few days later. The employees were very nice, and made an effort to really go out of the way to help. During the interview they offered some help when needed and asked questions that were relevant to the actual job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Here is a pe. Build a system and describe what that system does to me.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewer don't know what type of candidate they want. They were more concerned about there time and I was not a planned interview at all. Felt like they are not concerned about my time.

Interview Questions

• Collection framework related programming and Angular js programming   Answer Question

Interview

1 phone interview, 1 onsite interview

Software Engineer Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at Websense (San Diego, CA) in October 2013.

Interview

A technical phone interview mostly related to network related topics

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Websense (Austin, TX) in March 2015.

Interview

Spoke with a recruiter over the phone and then he forwarded my resume to the hiring manager and schedule me for an in-person interview. I interviewed with 2 managers and they weren't very professional or serious about the interview at all. One of them even made a sexist remark and they laughed like frat boys and made me feel uncomfortable. I wrote a quick follow-up to the recruiter to thank him for setting up my interview. I did not hear back.

Interview Questions

• How extensive are your excel skills?   1 Answer

Inside Sales Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Websense (Austin, TX) in October 2014.

Interview

I was introduced to Websenew through a recruiter. They pursue people that test highly on an aptitude test over experience so they can pay less. If you don't pass the aptitude/i.q. test they will not interview you. No job details or discussionsomething will take place until testis taken and passed.