Websense Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Websense Interview Questions

2.9

Associate Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Websense (Austin, TX) in March 2016.

Interview

Got a response from my application within a week. Interview was scheduled for another week later.

Interviewed with the Director of Software Engineering in Austin, Texas. We met in a small interview room with a white board. The interview started out with going over my resume. There seemed to have been some confusion about my graduation date even though it was on the resume so I think this may have influenced the decision to not give me an offer.

The interview consisted of 3 questions: Write a program on the whiteboard, Solve a logic puzzle on the whiteboard, write a program on a laptop.

Interview Questions

• Write a program on the whiteboard such that sum(n) returns the sum of all the numbers up to the nth number in the sequence {0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, ...} (I noticed that this was the Fibonacci sequence but he did not call it that).

Given 9 balls designed to be identical, what is the best method to find the faulty ball in the least amount of steps given only a balance scale. That is, you have 9 balls and one of them is either heavier or lighter than the others.

Write a simple calculator program that allows a user to give an input (example: 5*3+4/3-4*1) and the program computes the integer result accounting for order of operations (example: 5*3+4/3-4*1 = 15+0-4 = 11)
      1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Websense.

Interview

The interview wasn't so bad. I met with a few different people, was asked typical questions and heard back a few days later. The employees were very nice, and made an effort to really go out of the way to help. During the interview they offered some help when needed and asked questions that were relevant to the actual job.

Interview Questions

• Q: Here is a pe. Build a system and describe what that system does to me.   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Interview

Interviewer don't know what type of candidate they want. They were more concerned about there time and I was not a planned interview at all. Felt like they are not concerned about my time.

Interview Questions

• Collection framework related programming and Angular js programming   Answer Question

Sales Interview

Anonymous Employee in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Websense (Austin, TX).

Interview

Very simple. The manager asks a variety of simple questions based on the role you applied for. Not intimidating at all- very laid back company and environment. Did not ask anything specific. Did have to do some tests before the interview- had a phone introduction and then a face to face interview.

Senior QA Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I interviewed at Websense (San Diego, CA) in November 2015.

Interview

I guess there was a miscommunication between wanting a QA that can do mid-level (not Junior) Java development work or just having OOP knowledge. The interviewers should not have said that it's ok to continue on with another language "since it's OOP" if you've already disqualified the answers I'm giving. That would be lying to the interviewee and wasting everyone's time. They loved to attack for Java questions, and ignoring the answers I did well in because they can't understand the language. By the time I got to the SQL question, I just gave up.

One of the interviewers from my knowledge had to learn java on the go to get to his position, but I guess they wouldn't afford others the same chance. The Sr. Director of the group has a personality of doing it his way and only his way. Not a place I'd ever want to work with having dealt with that kind of personality before.

Any person that gets hired by this company should ask for at least 20k more than what they are offering in the job req. They want too much for too little. If you get the position, you might as well decline and go find a Java Developer position at Google than deal with potential micromanagement drones. They are abrasive for sure.

I should have read reviews beforehand about how poor management and people are there.

Interview Questions

• SQL Joins, a couple of selenium questions, 3-4 programming logic questions with arrays and loops. A question about black box testing the most frequent consecutive string which would be more efficient to check through Linux command than black box. Nothing but programming questions. Who cares about quality, automation or cultural fit.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Websense (San Diego, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

The day I applied online I got a call from recruiter right away. Then I was asked for phone interview 4 days later with hiring manager; it took an hour instead of 30 min as he was interested in my experience. Then He asked me to go onsite a week later. Before onsite, I had to take a Personality and Aptitude test (spend about 30 min total) online. I was told it is not used for selection process. The onsite interview had 4 people, 30 min each, and it was a good experience; again the hiring manager was the last one and he took another 40 min in addition to only 30 min, asking me more questions. Then I waited for a week but was rejected since they wanted someone with more commercial software background and I only had consumer software experience. The recruiter was very nice and I had a great interview but they don't see me as a great fit.

Interview Questions

• How familiar are you with CI/CD? Given a hypothetical scenario, how would you create a project plan to kick-start this project? How would you apply agile principles in an organization whose members may not be familiar with it? Why are you leaving your current position? How would you be a good fit for this role?   Answer Question

Recruiter Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Websense (Austin, TX) in August 2015.

Interview

Was called on a Friday to come in on Monday. Took time off to make it, the interview could have been much better. One employee insulted my degree, was very unprofessional and cursed during the interview and made it very known she wanted to leave by 5pm. Another employee told me she was unprepared because they just told her about it. I was told at the end I'd hear back in a few days nothing crazy, its been 5 weeks and no response.

Interview Questions

• My previous experience, what I know about the company.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at Websense (Austin, TX) in July 2015.

Interview

The process started off great. Met with hiring manager and then came back to meet with other members of the team. Overall, the interviews went really well and everyone was very nice. Unfortunately, during the last meeting I think there was a slight disconnect with the interviewer and I got the impression she wasn't happy about her time at Websense and she didn't seem pleased with my continuing graduate work as she felt it would distract from the company so I'm not sure they support continuing education. The recruiter was told to keep me on hold, so I turned down other positions as I was informed I was the leading candidate and they were just going thru the motions with the other interviews. And ultimately, no offer.

Interview Questions

• My last interviewer made more statements about me and thoughts on my experience rather than asking questions. Very tricky to respond. The interview with the hiring manager and the other team members were insightful and very natural.   Answer Question

Events Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Websense (Austin, TX) in June 2015.

Interview

First, they make you take a pre-employment assessment online and then they make you take it again in person to make sure you didn't cheat... I don't really understand why they wouldn't just make you take it once in front of them to save time. Then, if your results come out relatively the same, they will schedule an in person meeting with you. If you don't hear back from them, just assume you didn't get the job. I found their lack of communication very annoying and had to call twice to check on the status of my application.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Websense (Austin, TX) in May 2015.

Interview

Had to take a personality quiz, then go in and take it again. After that, Met with two separate people and it was a pleasant experience. Just starting in the interview / job hunt process, it was a little nerve wracking, but both interviewers were kind and approachable.

Interview Questions

• I wasn't asked anything too technical. It seemed to be almost conversational, which helped with the nerves too.   Answer Question