Wedbush Securities Interview Questions in Los Angeles, CA | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 21, 2017

2.7

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Recruiters are very nice and try their best to get you through the process. First round was taking a logic test and answering some questions from the recruiter. Second round was three 30 minute interviews with different managers (plus analysts in that department) to see if you are fit for the work.

Senior HRIS Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2017.

Interview

My interviews were great! It was easy to spend multiple hours talking to the various team members, learning about the position, the team and the company. I was happily surprised at how comfortable and familiar I felt with everyone right away.

Interview Questions

• They gave me a test...it involved basic math! I was warned beforehand, but haven't taken a test in a while. Luckily it wasn't too hard.   Answer Question

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

I was contacted by HR through email after I applied online. I spoke to hr twice before I was asked to do an in person interview at their Los Angeles office. During the in person interview, you have to take a brief test. After the test, you do another interview with hr regarding the yourself, previous work experience, situational, and behavioral questions. Then you'll have an interview with an associate and a manager in which they go over the job responsibilities, what expected, and answer questions regarding your fit in the company.

Interview Questions

• - Why Wedbush?
      - Strength and weaknesses?
      - Where do you see yourself in 5 years?
      - Tell us about a difficult situation and how you resolve it?
      - Why should we hire you?
      1 Answer

Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview process started with a phone call from HR/Recruiter. Had a short chat about what I was looking for in a role, why I applied with Wedbush, and what I liked most about my current/past roles. Once invited for a 1:1 interview, they have you take a short math test, to gauge your math competency (you will be provided a calculator). Test was timed, I believe 25 mins. After that 1:1 interview with recruiter. From there, was taken to a 1:2 interview with Dept Manager and Co. Total interview time, on the day of was approx 1.5 hours. Time from Application to Hire, approx. 1 month.

Senior HelpDesk Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

2 Tier process, the first is a phone interview by the Helpdesk Supervisor, if you pass that and make a good impression you are invited for in-person interview where you meet with the Helpdesk Supervisor and the IT Infrastructure Manager.
    Before the interview you have to take a math type test.

Interview Questions

• How would you troubleshoot a remote office where the internet is down and the Brokers need to get to work trading stocks and bonds ect. What would you do?   Answer Question

.NET Web Developer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in July 2016.

Interview

There were two interviews - one phone and one in-person. The phone interview dealt with the Wedbush environment (dress codes, work times...) The in-person gave an overall description on what the job entailed and then some technical questions

Interview Questions

• Describe the different type of SQL joins   1 Answer

Securities Interview

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in May 2016.

Interview

Sat down with manager. He was very talkative and didn't ask many questions. Talked a lot about his past life and how he came to Wedbush. I did a lot of smiling and nodding.

Equity Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied through campus recruiting. Got an e-mail 2 months later saying there was an opening in the equity division. Set up an interview 2 days later. There is a short (20-40 minutes) math test before the interview. Simple math, calculator is provided. (i.e. What is 13% of 1/4 of 44 subtracted from 28% of 3/7 of 35) Hiring manager told me to have a stock pitch ready just in case. Didn't need it.

Interview Questions

• What personal qualities or strengths do you have that would be beneficial in this internship?   1 Answer

Equity Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2016.

Interview

Taken place at Webush Office in Los Angeles, where there were 2 interviews and a basic math test. There was a group of interviewees waiting when I arrived and the process was okay. The two interviews felt very rushed because of the amount of interviews that needed to be done.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume   1 Answer

Credit Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wedbush Securities (Los Angeles, CA).

Interview

Simple math exam that they allow up to an hour to take. Had a short interview with HR - she just asked me about my work history. Then an interview with two supervisors. They did not seem very experienced in conducting interviews. Most of it was me listening to them speak about the position. They even admitted there was not much room for growth with the company but advised that there was opportunity to get licensed and move on to other companies