Wegmans Food Markets Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 6, 2017

2.6

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Rochester, NY).

Interview

They interview was laid. We were laughing most of the time and a few days later they called me and said I got the job and a week later I had orientation.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Manalapan, NJ

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Manalapan, NJ).

Interview

Interview was about 15 minutes with two other employees. The interview wasn't too bad. I wanted to work with Wegmans because they treat their employees well. They offered me the job a few days later, but I declined because it was not enough money for me.

Interview Questions

• What would you do if you saw a co-worker stealing?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Gainesville, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Gainesville, VA) in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, then got an email asking me to call in to schedule an interview. Interview was about 25 minutes, and had a lot of questions, including a lot about former jobs and why i left them. Interviewer was very monotone, didn't seem friendly or interested in the interview. The interviewer told me that if I passed the interview, I'd hear back within 5 to 7 days through phone or email to set up an in person interview, but i had an email from her the next day saying i was no longer being considered.

Interview Questions

• Wegman's has a high standard for quality, what is one other store you consider to be on the same level as Wegman's   Answer Question
    • How long are you planning on staying with Wegman's   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orchard Park, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Orchard Park, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I got phone interview and i had prepare myself, luckily all the answers I prepared were in the part of interview. The lady who interview me was very friendly and she said will rech me between 7-10 business days and I still waiting.

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (State College, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

I began the process by applying online. It was a fairly standard questionnaire. Then, about a week later I was contacted by a recruiter who asked some availability questions and gave some background on the job I was applying for. He then told me the the next stage of the process was a phone interview in which we then scheduled for the following day.
    The phone interview lasted 45 minutes and it was with the same recruiter that contacted me initially. It began with questions regarding work expectations and confirmed some parts of the application. The phone interview, to me, seemed like the most important steps because the questions are very open ended and they require a lot more than a one sentence response. Try to tie in personal experiences to the questions to let the recruiter know you have to the ability to communicate well and have an interesting personality. The phone interview ended with the recruiter telling me he'd print out my resume and the staff would review it. A few days later I got an email from the employee representative to schedule a face-to-face interview.
    This interview was very informal. The employee rep brought me to her office for about 25 minutes and asked me fairly simple questions about my past work experiences, teamwork experience, and other standard interview questions. She wrote my answers down by hand but it did not create an odd, awkward atmosphere. The in person interview, in my opinion, was very laid back, more like a conversation to test and make sure you are able to effectively communicate with strangers, maintain eye contact, be interesting, etc. A day or two later I got a call from the recruiter that contacted me initially to offer me the job and give me information regarding employee benefits, vacation time, 401K, etc. Next they require you to fill out a form so they can perform a background check, and I was told this would not take any longer than 3 business days and they'd schedule an orientation.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Syracuse, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I've only been through the phone interview so far and it was pretty easy and intense at the same time the lady was going super fast with the questions and I barley could understand her at the end of the phone interview immediately scheduled my in -person interview the following week

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Ocean, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

First it was a over the phone interview. Asked many questions regarding your leadership style and how you handle certain situations. If you pass the phone interview they will set up an in person interview with you depending on your availability. I was interviewed by two managers. The in person interview had many silent moments because the interviewers were writing down the answers from the questions asked. Many of the interview questions were about handling customers and what if scenarios. After the interview i heard back from them two weeks later. I got the offer but did not accept.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation that you have been in before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I sat waiting longer than the actual interview, no one informed me of how long I would be waiting or who I was waiting to interview with until I asked. After that I was put in a small room with two ppl and asked maybe 5 to 6 questions and it was over.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Elizabeth, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Elizabeth, NJ) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied online and had a phone interview. The phone interview was about 20 minutes long and asked why I would want to work at wegmans and what hours I would be available. It was odd that I could not pick AM and PM. She made me pick one. I was available for either.

Interview Questions

• Please describe a recipe you just made?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Malvern, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about a few days after I received an email saying that they wanted to do a phone interview. The phone interview wasn't too hard but it wasn't too easy. Some questions had me stumped. A couple days after the phone interview, Wegmans called me and wanted to schedule an in-person interview. This was much harder and in depth. They ask a lot of "what would you do in this situation" or "tell me a time when..." Kind of complicated for a cashier job. But they ended up hiring me a few days later and I went to orientation.

Interview Questions

• Name me a time when someone did something that affected your work/job?   Answer Question