Wegmans Food Markets Cashier Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wegmans Food Markets Cashier Interview Questions

Updated Feb 6, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Malvern, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about a few days after I received an email saying that they wanted to do a phone interview. The phone interview wasn't too hard but it wasn't too easy. Some questions had me stumped. A couple days after the phone interview, Wegmans called me and wanted to schedule an in-person interview. This was much harder and in depth. They ask a lot of "what would you do in this situation" or "tell me a time when..." Kind of complicated for a cashier job. But they ended up hiring me a few days later and I went to orientation.

Interview Questions

• Name me a time when someone did something that affected your work/job?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Johnson City, NY).

Interview

Easy, very basic questions, interviewers are not really qualified to make these decisions, Must love wegmans and have a very positive outlook on customer service, Must just exude sunshine and rainbows in the interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email 4 weeks later setup a phone interveiw. The interveiw was only 30 minutes and they mostly asked question about you and the other were typical questions. The interveiwer was very kind. About a week later I got a rejection email. The only bad thing is that it is a long process

Anonymous Employee in Depew, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Depew, NY) in May 2016.

Interview

The phone interview is the most important part, if you do well you are pretty much guaranteed a position. Have leadership and success stories ready, don't be afraid to be yourself. The in person interview isn't that scary just make sure to make eye contact and be laid back

Anonymous Employee in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Philadelphia, PA) in December 2015.

Interview

It's sort of lengthily but easy process. Just be yourself and the questions are easy. I thought I did awful, turns out they loved me! I applied and got a call a day later about scheduling a phone interview that week. The phone interview was very laid back and informational also. Then a few days later they called me about coming in. I met with the HR and a manager. I felt this interview was a bit nerve racking a bit. They ask you a question, you talk and then they write it down but it's a few min in silence until they finish writing what you said lol. It's still easy though. After that you get taken on a tour with the manager. It's more laid back and they show you how the computer works and all. The next day I got a call saying they wanted to hire me and I accepted... Still going through paper work now but should start soon.

Interview Questions

• What does customer services mean to you?   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfax, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Fairfax, VA) in December 2015.

Interview

I applied online and they called me to schedule a phone interview. A few days later I did the interview on the phone and they asked me a bunch of questions about their company, why I wanted to work there, what my previous job experience was, etc. I answered all their questions and the interview took about 30 minutes. at the end they asked if i had any questions for them and i said no but in retrospect i should have asked a few questions.

Interview Questions

• One question was what was the most recent dish that you created.   3 Answers

Because i started working somewhere else

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in August 2015.

Interview

Basic interview, many questions, they don't give anything towards if you are in the running or not. About 30 min interview and has two people in room. Would be terrific if you were given an inkling of hope before it ends...sigh

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Hunt Valley, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Hunt Valley, MD) in July 2015.

Interview

I applied online then I was surprised to get a call just an hour later to schedule a phone interview. I did the phone interview the next day. I was asked to go through each previous job and say when I worked there, what I liked most about it, what was the most challenging thing about it, and why I left the job. I was asked what it means to be a team player, why I applied to Wegmans, what food safety means, when was a time I have demonstrated high standards, what pay I was expecting, what company besides Wegmans had great customer service and why. It took 30 minutes, but it didn't feel that long.

At the end of the phone interview she set up an in-person interview for the next day. It was with an "employee representative" and a front end manager. At this interview they asked me what job duties did I expect the cashier position to have, which of my past jobs was the least rewarding, what is your ideal work environment, how would I handle an upset customer, what I would do if the customer asked me something I didn't know the answer to, when is a situation where I had to work with a team to achieve something and how did you guys achieve it, when is a time I failed to communicate effectively, when is a time you had to teach someone a difficult skill, how would you deal with working with people from different backgrounds and perspectives (or when was a time that you had to??) .Some of these questions I listed are not the exact wording. I couldn't completely remember them but I wrote the general gist.

The interview was probably about 20 minutes. They told me to wait outside the office and I waited for like 10 minutes then they had me come back in. They gave me a job offer and offered me a wage that was higher than I even said I was expecting. I took it.

The next step was to go home and fill out all your information online so that they can do a background check. Then they contact you to schedule orientation.

Interview Questions

• when is a time you failed to communicate effectively   1 Answer
    • which of my past jobs was the least rewarding?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Boston, MA) in June 2015.

Interview

Received a call about a week after applying to set up an interview with a hiring manager the next day. Interviewer asked many questions about my availability and work history. Then proceeded into questions that aimed to "get to know me better" which basically meant asking me what I would do in different scenarios or about certain experiences I've had throughout my life. After the interview I was told I would receive a phone call if I got the job. Ended up getting a rejection email about 2 and a half weeks later.

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Syracuse, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Interview was thorough and quick. They treated me very kindly and reminded me that they would work well with my school schedule with their flexible hours. They were very understanding with the fact that I might not want to stay with them for a career.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer