Wegmans Food Markets Entry Level Management/Or Full Time Dairy/Grocery/Merchandising/Produce Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Apr 12, 2017

2.7

Deli Customer Service, Cashier and Prepared Foods Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Rochester, NY).

Interview

First, they call and you do a phone screening along with some questions. It's an interview so they'll ask about your availability and other questions regarding your resume and whatever you submitted in your application. Then, they'll ask you questions regarding what it is you applied for. If you don't give a convincing answer you're done for. If you kiss up to them they'll let you know a few days that they'll like to meet in person and have another interview.

The HR representative, along with the department manager in which you applied for, do the interview for phase 2. This interview decides whether you get the job or don't. I'll say that after undergoing the interview process three times, Wegmans sucks. Don't ask me questions that have nothing to do with what I applied for. I was genuinely interested in the job and working for Wegmans. I've always been a customer and love the products. I feel that I would be a perfect fit for the jobs in which I applied for. After toying with me, I definitely will not be shopping at Wegmans anymore. As someone that has a lot of experience working with customers and taking care of other's, I felt like they toyed around with me, both the HR representative and department manager were really young and felt like robots typing everything I say. They would not even look at me when I spoke only when they had to read to me the question on the screen. I felt like they didn't want me because I am over qualified.

Interview Questions

• What would you bring to Wegmans that other candidates will not?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for Wegmans Food Markets

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. It took 50 minutes. Very mechanical, questionaire that they need to type answers. Then you start with the in person interviews. At least 3. Last one, they make offer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Rochester, NY).

Interview

A telephone interview, it was my first time doing a telephone interview, it was a little different cause my phone was beeping during the interview, however, i believe the interview went great.

Interview Questions

• How did i hear about the job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Took forever to hear back from them. Finally got a phone interview. Then an in person interview with 3 people. They read questions right off of a form like robots and they had no reaction when I tried to be personable or show enthusiasm. Before I knew it, one of them stood up and said the interview is now over, and they almost forced me out of the room. Not at all what I was expecting from a company that is supposed to be so great to work for.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Very straightforward, the interviewers were professional and fun to talk to, interview questions were a little hard and the interview seemed to drag on (there are a lot of questions). They stuck to their word on the length of time that I would hear back.

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I apply the position online ,after two weeks,I received an email for schedule phone interview. Phone interview takes one week, after two days,they send me email . I showed big passion for this position,but it didn't work for me.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Montvale, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

A complete waste of time.
    Wegman's was opening a new location in Montvale and had a job fair. I was interviewed by two people who couldn't have been more than 25yrs old. They took turns reading a set of questions from list and documented my answers, one wrote my responses by hand and the other entered it to the computer. Neither looked a my resume (which has 10+ years of management experience), asked me anything specific to me or had actual interest in what I did, they just ran down the mind numbing list of questions and recorded the responses. I could have saved us both the time and just entered the answers myself while sitting on my couch.

Anyone with any experience in either Management or HR would know the following. 1) How a manager handles a situation (which was one of the questions I was asked) is specific to that situation, the response is irrelevant without that context nor can it be used as basis for overall ability 2) Using these questions is an antiquated way of interviewing that studies have proven ineffective. The goal of an interview is primarily to review qualifications, demeanor, eye contact, body language, interactions etc..

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle an angry customer.   1 Answer

Dishwasher Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

1 phone interview, 2 in person is the typical but sometimes if well liked they will cut to the point. They are pretty tough and truly want to hear good past experiences and positive attitude they are all about doing things the "Wegmans way". Pretty much sound happy, excited and like you really want to learn the different aspects of any job or task they throw your way.

Interview Questions

• All job experience in last 10 years, can work holidays, scenarios about past work experience like overcoming issues etc   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Malvern, PA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online and about a few days after I received an email saying that they wanted to do a phone interview. The phone interview wasn't too hard but it wasn't too easy. Some questions had me stumped. A couple days after the phone interview, Wegmans called me and wanted to schedule an in-person interview. This was much harder and in depth. They ask a lot of "what would you do in this situation" or "tell me a time when..." Kind of complicated for a cashier job. But they ended up hiring me a few days later and I went to orientation.

Interview Questions

• Name me a time when someone did something that affected your work/job?   Answer Question

Management Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in January 2017.

Interview

Online application, Wait a week, Phone interview,
    Wait a week, In person, Wait a week, No offer

I had a manager referral and they send an email cancelling my application and offer no feedback

I can't imagine how horrible it is to be an employee of this company if this is how they treat people at the beginning of their career.

Interview Questions

• complex questions about how you would handle managerial issues   Answer Question