Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.7

CSTM Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

Lengthy and detailed. A lot of situational questions requiring specific answers so be prepared. Over the phone interview make sure you are in a quiet location and can be heard well.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work alone as a part of a team   1 Answer

Part Time Cashier Interview

Interview

It was a very pleasant and organized process. After a few week of my application I received a call and had a phone interview scheduled. It was fairly easy and within a day I got a call back and received an in store interview which was also successful.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Montvale, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

Two people asked questions and wrote down the responses. They were very rigid questions. Very predictable starting with mistakes you've made and moving on to things you've done well. Very standard. Not much interest in me as a person at all.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a situation where you taught someone something.   1 Answer

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orchard Park, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Orchard Park, NY) in July 2017.

Interview

I got phone interview and i had prepare myself, luckily all the answers I prepared were in the part of interview. The lady who interview me was very friendly and she said will rech me between 7-10 business days and I still waiting.

Customer Service - Sub Shop Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in July 2017.

Interview

There were two interviews. The first was over the phone, the second was in person. Both interviews were around 45 minutes. Just before the in person interview I was given a short tour around the Sub Shop.

Interview Questions

• They most asked about teams (what did being part of a team mean to me, what did I think was a benefit of being a team etc.)   Answer Question

Overnight Grocery Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Philadelphia, PA

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Philadelphia, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

One interview on phone and then another at the store I applied at. Interviews were upfront and easy. I have been applying for jobs at Wegmans stores in my area since last 1 year. Every time I get interviews and then they never offer job. At all of the Wegmans stores in my area I see Caucasian people working and may be 1-2 employees of other races. I don't want to jump to conclusions but perhaps they prefer hiring Caucasians only and they only hire other races to meet their quota required by the Govt.

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethlehem, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Bethlehem, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Friendly overall. Phone interview initially (those questions seemed to be standard/routine)and then an in-person interview with two staff members, many of their questions seeemed to be standard protocol for their interviews

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you made a suggestion to improve or change something at a previous workplace   Answer Question

Customer Service Marketplace Interview

Anonymous Employee in Parsippany, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Parsippany, NJ) in July 2017.

Interview

After an initial and brief phone interview, the next step is an in-person interview. I was interviewed by two people--one asked questions while the other typed notes. The interviewers were very nice and try to keep the process unintimidating. It was lengthy but I found it to be interesting and probing.

Barista Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets.

Interview

The interview process at Wegmans was extremely lengthy and they scrutinized every single detail. This phone interview was part one of three interviews and lasted an hour. Even though the interview was for a specialized position, they asked general questions pertaining to personal values, qualities, goals, and career. Scheduling the interview was a bit tedious in the first place since I had to wait for them to contact me after leaving them voicemail to indicate that I was interested.

The questions ranged from the reasons of why I had quit my previous jobs in the last 5 years, to what my position was there, to what did to contribute there, future career goals, how it ties into this position, how long I see myself working at this position, any other positions I would like, long term future goals, what I want my pay to be, what it means to be a team player, what does good customer service mean, how do you solve problems, what is my greatest weakness etc.

Interview Questions

• How does this position tie into your education/future career goals?   Answer Question

Cafe Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Allentown, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Allentown, PA) in June 2017.

Interview

It was really long and tedious. I had my phone interview today. If they like me, they will have me come in for an in person interview. The recruiter asked for my work history in order one by one, and then asked what I liked/disliked about each one. Very lengthy.