Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions

Updated May 17, 2017

2.7

Service Team Leader Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in November 2016.

Interview

Had a phone interview, a week later had a face to face then a week later another face to face within multiple locations. The process was extremely tedious being its a food store.The interview process had no eye contact because they read and type/write off a computer or paper. Way too many redundant questions for a food store. You can tell it's young management in the NJ location and are very clicky / caddy. I'm very disappointed in how they handled things as for call backs and emails.

Part Time Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Malvern, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Malvern, PA) in November 2016.

Interview

It was relatively easy, I applied online then received a email to confirm a phone interview. I applied at another Wegmans store and they declined me as a applicant, it must be because I wanted $12 hour and they won't pay that much money.

Interview Questions

• Why did you choose Wegmans?   Answer Question
    • Are you available on holidays to work?   1 Answer
    • The pay scale is between $9 - $10 is this acceptable?   1 Answer

Health and Beauty Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Geneva, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Geneva, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

All I got was a brief phone call with 5 or 6 general questions. A few days later I got an email saying my application was no longer being considered! I called the HR person and asked if she could give me any indication of why and she said she could tell me only that other applicants were a better fit. I don't have experience in retail, but I do in working with the public for 20yrs. I never would've thought I couldn't even get an interview for a position like this for which no special skills are needed! Now I'm thinking that Wegmans is a lot more tuff than I thought!!

Interview Questions

• why do you want to work at wegmans?   1 Answer

Lot Attendant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Cherry Hill, NJ) in November 2016.

Interview

The whole process took 2+ months, asked tough questions for an entry-level position, and when they said 1 week they would contact me it actually took roughly 2 weeks. The people interviewing me were nice to me.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you did a group project but also when a person in the group didn't agree with what was present?   Answer Question

Pharmacy Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (New York, NY).

Interview

I got an email 1 day after applying, and then was called to schedule an interview. I had no phone interview. My first interview was very laid back and easy-going. The interviewer asked me questions regarding values of Wegmans and why i would be a good fit for the company, also, why i left my previous jobs. My second interview was intense. This interview was scheduled for a week later after the first. It was a panel interview with three people. They asked more behavioral related questions. For example, what i would do in certain situations and what i did previously to resolve certain issues. I would strongly recommend going on YouTube and searching for good ways to answer certain behavioral questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time when you had conflict with your manager and how you resolved it.   Answer Question
    • How would you resolve an issue with your co-workers?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time when when you had a disagreement and what you did about it   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with an angry customer?   Answer Question
    • How would you balance good customer service and company regulation and policy?   Answer Question
    • What does a pharmacy technician do?   Answer Question
    • Tell us a time where you had to research components of a topic and come to a conclusion.   Answer Question
    • How would you deal with someone if they didn't understand what you were trying to tell them?   Answer Question
    • What is food safety?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to become a pharmacy technician?   Answer Question
    • Tell us about a time where you came up with a solution to a problem   Answer Question

Cashier Interview

Anonymous Employee in Johnson City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Johnson City, NY).

Interview

Easy, very basic questions, interviewers are not really qualified to make these decisions, Must love wegmans and have a very positive outlook on customer service, Must just exude sunshine and rainbows in the interview

Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online and received an email 4 weeks later setup a phone interveiw. The interveiw was only 30 minutes and they mostly asked question about you and the other were typical questions. The interveiwer was very kind. About a week later I got a rejection email. The only bad thing is that it is a long process

Cashier/Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amherst, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Amherst, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Prior to interviews - Took about 3 weeks to hear back from an HR. Eventually did via email to setup a phone interview.

Phone Interview - Took about 20 minutes. Many of the questions they ask are very general, such as availability. Most of the more "advanced" questions they ask you are all throughout this app.

In Between - Received a call a few days later to schedule an in person interview that week.

In-Person Interview - Took about 30-35 minutes. Very similar questions to what was on the phone interview. They do ask about some success stories, so make sure you have some ready! They also threw a few situational questions out there. Just be yourself and relaxed and you will get the job.

Aftermath - Got a call 3 days later with a job offer. Obviously, I accepted! After that, you will sign some stuff and begin with the orientation and then training.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you didn't understand something, and how did you resolve that to better understand the situation?   1 Answer
    • What does good customer service mean to you?   1 Answer
    • If you had a rogue customer, how would you handle it?   Answer Question
    • If you encountered or witnessed a dangerous situation, what would you do?   1 Answer
    • If you didn't understand something (on the job for example), what would you do to help you understand a situation better?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Didn't attempt negotiation. Scheduling an orientation took awhile. Make sure to ask questions!

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Rochester, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

sat in meeting room and interviewed separately with two managers and one peer. Glassdoor requires at least 30 words for this field to be accepted. That seems arbitrary to me, but I'll keep typing if that's what they want.

Interview Questions

• general background, experience, interests, career goals. several software/engineering related problem solving questions   1 Answer

I declined because things got better at my current job and I no longer saw a benefit to changing.

Sous Chef Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cherry Hill, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Cherry Hill, NJ).

Interview

had three interviews, one by phone two in person, had two men interview me for a position and realized they were doing the interview just to do the interview. Felt that they had no interest whatsoever; found out from someone who worked there a few weeks later that they really didn't want to hire women.

Interview Questions

• how do you feel about diversity?   1 Answer