Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions

Updated Sep 12, 2017

2.7

PT Cashier Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in May 2017.

Interview

4 phone calls just to get a hour long phone interview.... 3 week wait after that to get an hour long in store interview.... Met with HR and Front end supervisor .... Never discussed anything about cashiering experience

Interview Questions

• have I ever quit a job with no notice   1 Answer
    • what do you do if a guest asks you something you don't know   1 Answer
    • what do you do if you see a potential safety hazard   Answer Question
    • what was my goal when I got my first job,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Syracuse, NY) in May 2017.

Interview

I've only been through the phone interview so far and it was pretty easy and intense at the same time the lady was going super fast with the questions and I barley could understand her at the end of the phone interview immediately scheduled my in -person interview the following week

Manager Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in April 2017.

Interview

Phone interview. It took 50 minutes. Very mechanical, questionaire that they need to type answers. Then you start with the in person interviews. At least 3. Last one, they make offer

Warehouse Worker Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rochester, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Rochester, NY).

Interview

A telephone interview, it was my first time doing a telephone interview, it was a little different cause my phone was beeping during the interview, however, i believe the interview went great.

Interview Questions

• How did i hear about the job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview

Interview

Took forever to hear back from them. Finally got a phone interview. Then an in person interview with 3 people. They read questions right off of a form like robots and they had no reaction when I tried to be personable or show enthusiasm. Before I knew it, one of them stood up and said the interview is now over, and they almost forced me out of the room. Not at all what I was expecting from a company that is supposed to be so great to work for.

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Syracuse, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Syracuse, NY).

Interview

Very straightforward, the interviewers were professional and fun to talk to, interview questions were a little hard and the interview seemed to drag on (there are a lot of questions). They stuck to their word on the length of time that I would hear back.

Interview Questions

• Do you prefer to work as part of a team or alone?   1 Answer

Bakery Clerk Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbridge, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Woodbridge, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

I apply the position online ,after two weeks,I received an email for schedule phone interview. Phone interview takes one week, after two days,they send me email . I showed big passion for this position,but it didn't work for me.

Management Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Montvale, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Montvale, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

A complete waste of time.
    Wegman's was opening a new location in Montvale and had a job fair. I was interviewed by two people who couldn't have been more than 25yrs old. They took turns reading a set of questions from list and documented my answers, one wrote my responses by hand and the other entered it to the computer. Neither looked a my resume (which has 10+ years of management experience), asked me anything specific to me or had actual interest in what I did, they just ran down the mind numbing list of questions and recorded the responses. I could have saved us both the time and just entered the answers myself while sitting on my couch.

Anyone with any experience in either Management or HR would know the following. 1) How a manager handles a situation (which was one of the questions I was asked) is specific to that situation, the response is irrelevant without that context nor can it be used as basis for overall ability 2) Using these questions is an antiquated way of interviewing that studies have proven ineffective. The goal of an interview is primarily to review qualifications, demeanor, eye contact, body language, interactions etc..

Interview Questions

• Describe how you would handle an angry customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Ocean, NJ

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Ocean, NJ) in March 2017.

Interview

First it was a over the phone interview. Asked many questions regarding your leadership style and how you handle certain situations. If you pass the phone interview they will set up an in person interview with you depending on your availability. I was interviewed by two managers. The in person interview had many silent moments because the interviewers were writing down the answers from the questions asked. Many of the interview questions were about handling customers and what if scenarios. After the interview i heard back from them two weeks later. I got the offer but did not accept.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a situation that you have been in before?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Washington, DC) in March 2017.

Interview

I sat waiting longer than the actual interview, no one informed me of how long I would be waiting or who I was waiting to interview with until I asked. After that I was put in a small room with two ppl and asked maybe 5 to 6 questions and it was over.