Wegmans Food Markets Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 14, 2017

2.7

Pizza- Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Northborough, MA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Northborough, MA) in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Got a phone call a couple days later to schedule a phone interview. A few days later I did the interview. Got a call back a couple days later to set up an in person interview.

Arrived 10 minutes early and waited. Interview was with 2 people, one asking the questions, one typing my responses. Was fairly straight forward, both people were nice. A lot of questions that have been posted on here came up. Only got thrown off by one question.

Maintenance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jamestown, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Jamestown, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

First emailed for a Phone Interview.. next day called at 11 am. 2 hours later i got another call asking to come in for second interview and a week later went in and got the job like 2 days after.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work at Wegmans   1 Answer
    • Do you like food?   1 Answer
    • What does safety mean to you?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Would you like to cross train in deli and be maintenance and deli?

Customer Service - Prepared Foods Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lanham, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Lanham, MD).

Interview

I Had a phone interview then was called to the store that following week to interview with the hiring manager and department manager. I had stumbled across a couple of questions they asked me that I was unprepared for and I ended up not getting the job. Make sure to make eye contact.

Interview Questions

• 1 What does food safety mean to you?
      2 What's your favorite thing about your old job?
      3 Pro's and Con's about working with a team?
      Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Anonymous Employee in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Jersey City, NJ) in July 2016.

Interview

First I applied through their webpage then a representative contacted me to schedule a phone interview. First Interview went well with the same questions an interviewer asks, very scripted, so it was an easy and pleasant interview.

Interview Questions

• My willingness to be available during holidays and what time.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Warrington, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Warrington, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone call a few days where they asked me a few questions and then scheduled a phone interview. The phone interview took 30 minutes and they asked a lot of hard, dumb questions. It doesn't make sense why they would ask me some of the questions. I'm trying to be a cashier and that's all. Anyway the lady on the phone seemed cranky and mean and the interview was bad.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niagara Falls, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Niagara Falls, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

I had a phone interview Saturday and the called for a second interview Monday and now I have a interview tomorrow ( Tuesday ) so I don't know if I have the job yet

Interview Questions

• What does good customer service mean to you   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in State College, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (State College, PA) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied for the open position online and within 3 days I got a preliminary email asking about clarification on my availability and other opening questions. Then after answering and emailing back and forth a couple of days later we set up a phone interview and maybe 2 days after that I had an in person interview with one of the employee representatives. It only took one day for them to get back to me with a job offer.

Part Time Produce Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Liverpool, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Liverpool, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Because of all the questions I had reviewed on this site, my telephone interview went very smoothly. All questions asked I was prepared for! The woman interviewer was very nice. She asked me to elaborate on the on the job injury I had had at my past job, and reassured me that the job requirements would not prevent me from being able to do the job.

Interview Questions

• What does food safety mean to you?   1 Answer

Front End Cashier Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets (Buffalo, NY) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online and had a telephone/screening interview. Then received another call for an in-person interview with two management employees. This interview lasted about 45 minutes with them asking questions from a prepared sheet and handwriting the questions. They seemed interested in the Wegmans "image" as opposed to a hard, reliable worker. Al lot of young staff standing around and talking. Think twice before applying here--their "best place to work" image does not match their reality.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever quit a job without notice?   1 Answer
    • Tell me about your past employers...I see you had.... You know we'll find them all when we do a background check.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at Wegmans Food Markets in June 2016.

Interview

Took about 1 month, received a phone call to schedule a phone interview, next I was called a couple of days later for a face to face interview, which was fairly casual, I was then given a job offer.

Interview Questions

• What do you have to offer to the store that other candidates might not?   Answer Question
    • What was is your favorite meal to cook/consume?   Answer Question

Negotiation

They asked my expected pay rate and I said $10-$12/hr
    They accepted.